Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Call of Duty Thread.
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Entertainment News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Stlouisrams1600
I absolutely hate noob tubes. If my p'd off clAss with a noob tube to use in return. smile.gif
degibson84
what is a noob tube?
cardinal
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Feb 7 2010, 09:00 PM)
what is a noob tube?

Shotgun.
ffman
Grenade Launcher.

I don't think their "nooby"....gotta get it close for a kill or you just get a hit marker.
degibson84
QUOTE(cardinal @ Feb 7 2010, 09:07 PM)
Shotgun.

wel then i guess that is me sad.gif

I use the Scar-H with ranger akimbo only for close range kills
fourkkids
Best game for me:

26-0 at Terminal with Scar-h and FMJ. tongue.gif Beat that. Team Deathmatch by the way.
ffman
QUOTE(fourkkids @ Feb 7 2010, 08:40 PM)
Best game for me:

26-0 at Terminal with Scar-h and FMJ. tongue.gif Beat that.  Team Deathmatch by the way.

SCAR-H is awesome. I'm working on 2500 kills.
degibson84
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 7 2010, 09:41 PM)
SCAR-H is awesome.  I'm working on 2500 kills.

couldn't tell you how many i have on that gun but i just need more headshots to finish it all the way
ffman
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Feb 7 2010, 08:47 PM)
couldn't tell you how many i have on that gun but i just need more headshots to finish it all the way

I need lots of headshots to even get the new title for it.

I have a little over 1000 kills right now (1100-1200).
degibson84
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 7 2010, 09:49 PM)
I need lots of headshots to even get the new title for it. 

I have a little over 1000 kills right now (1100-1200).

I think i am at the lvl on the headshots with blue tiger camo. I'm pretty sure thats the last one i unlocked
ffman
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Feb 7 2010, 08:52 PM)
I think i am at the lvl on the headshots with blue tiger camo. I'm pretty sure thats the last one i unlocked

I might have had blue on my first go-through. I'm level 66 on my first prestige now and I won't be prestiging again for a while.
degibson84
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 7 2010, 09:57 PM)
I might have had blue on my first go-through.  I'm level 66 on my first prestige now and I won't be prestiging again for a while.

i tihnk i am at 66 now and i haven't prestiged at all hahaha.

Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Feb 7 2010, 09:22 PM)
wel then i guess that is me sad.gif

I use the Scar-H with ranger akimbo only for close range kills

No, it's a grenade launcher.
cardinal
Ah, I sorta had to take a guess. laugh.gif

The shotgun was ALWAYS referred to as the "noob tube" in all of the other COD's and I don't have MW2.
ffman
QUOTE(cardinal @ Feb 7 2010, 10:10 PM)
Ah, I sorta had to take a guess. laugh.gif

The shotgun was ALWAYS referred to as the "noob tube" in all of the other COD's and I don't have MW2.

I started hearing "noob tube" with Call of Duty 4 referring to grenade launchers.

Although, I guess some could probably call Akimbo 1887s "noob tubes". It's ridiculous when someone 50 yards away kills you with those. But....I still won't call anything in the game "noob".
mjda
QUOTE(cardinal @ Feb 7 2010, 10:10 PM)

I've played CoD online since CoD 2 and I've never heard the shotgun referred to as the "noob tube". It's always been some sort of explosive projectile.
cardinal
QUOTE(mjda @ Feb 8 2010, 01:40 AM)
I've played CoD online since CoD 2 and I've never heard the shotgun referred to as the "noob tube". It's always been some sort of explosive projectile.

I used to play CoD2 online ALL the time on PC before COD4 came out, and that was always called the "noob tube" because there was no grenade launcher or anything of the like.
MeachemCollector
I hate dual shotguns. They always dominate and the streak ends with a nuke.
Iplayfootball_90
I'm absolutely horrible at MW:2 now. I do good to break even.

Now I'm just awaiting the release of the new Medal Of Honor this summer.
degibson84
QUOTE(MeachemCollector @ Feb 8 2010, 04:55 PM)
I hate dual shotguns. They always dominate and the streak ends with a nuke.

not always. I use the dual rnagers and can unload all 4 shots on one guy and still end up with a death. only me i think
Stlouisrams1600
I've been doing great almost to my first Prestige! smile.gif
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Feb 8 2010, 08:30 PM)
I'm absolutely horrible at MW:2 now. I do good to break even.

Now I'm just awaiting the release of the new Medal Of Honor this summer.

its looks good. but i will be enjoying BFBC2 and the crap load of other games that coming out this year.
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Feb 8 2010, 09:05 PM)
its looks good. but i will be enjoying BFBC2 and the crap load of other games that coming out this year.

I've always been a big fan of the Medal Of Honor series, and when I heard they were doing a MW game, I flipped.

Going to try and play a few games of CoD tonight. Probably gonna get my butt handed to me again.
degibson84
can someone explain to me exactly how prestige works

do I lose all accomplishments?
Bravesfan10
Yeah, you lose all guns, camos, attachments, etc. You keep emblems/titles though.

Even if you don't feel like prestiging, I would still recommend doing it just once. That unlocks a new custom class, and the prestige challenges (which allow you to work towards a ton of new titles and emblems)

I personally like the challenge. I think the game would become boring very quickly without the incentive to rank up.
degibson84
will you only lose progress on weapon and perk challenges?
Bravesfan10
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Feb 8 2010, 11:35 PM)
will you only lose progress on weapon and perk challenges?

You lose all challenges
Stlouisrams1600
Got on for about 20 minutes and played 2 matches, did horrible, got mad and left. laugh.gif
ffman
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Feb 8 2010, 09:16 PM)
I've always been a big fan of the Medal Of Honor series, and when I heard they were doing a MW game, I flipped.
Going to try and play a few games of CoD tonight. Probably gonna get my butt handed to me again.

I liked MoH up until around the time they released European Assault. That game was just waaaaaaaaaay too hard and wasn't much fun.
metsfan2427
Its official i'm tried of MW2
ffman
I get tired....but I come right back.

It helps having a four day break from the game each week.
cardinal
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Feb 8 2010, 10:16 PM)

The WWII Call of Duty games (with the exception of WAW) were SO much better than anything Medal of Honor ever put out, and in my opinion, were better than both the COD: Modern Warfare's.
ffman
QUOTE(cardinal @ Feb 9 2010, 05:22 PM)
The WWII Call of Duty games (with the exception of WAW) were SO much better than anything Medal of Honor ever put out, and in my opinion, were better than both the COD: Modern Warfare's.

I've played Call of Duty 3 a bit online; it can be fun but sniping is hard and there are way too many teamkillers.
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(cardinal @ Feb 9 2010, 06:22 PM)

Fair enough. Though I never stated Medal Of Honor was better than the CoD franchise, just that I was a big fan of MoH.

Playing some CoD 4 tonight.
cardinal
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 9 2010, 07:03 PM)
I've played Call of Duty 3 a bit online; it can be fun but sniping is hard and there are way too many teamkillers.

Forgot to mention that I wasn't including that game. It wasn't a true COD, it wasn't on PC, it had barely any players. Just terrible all around.
degibson84
QUOTE(Bravesfan10 @ Feb 9 2010, 05:43 PM)
You lose all challenges

man that sucks
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Bravesfan10 @ Feb 8 2010, 11:27 PM)
Yeah, you lose all guns, camos, attachments, etc. You keep emblems/titles though.

Even if you don't feel like prestiging, I would still recommend doing it just once. That unlocks a new custom class, and the prestige challenges (which allow you to work towards a ton of new titles and emblems)

I personally like the challenge. I think the game would become boring very quickly without the incentive to rank up.

i just wish prestiging felt more rewarding.
Prestige felt to me like i have already done this already.

Plus the prestige gun titles are ugly.
Iplayfootball_90
I didn't prestige on MW 2. It took me too long to get to level 70 so I decided to just stay there.

I'm about to hit the third prestige on MW though.
fourkkids
I haven't played CODMW2 in a week lol. I'm too addicted to MAG! Haha.
ffman
I am very ready for MW 2 night!

Thursday evening/night when I get home from college is all Call of Duty time (after I check the PC).
sportscollector4life
My user name on the ps3 is mnvikingsfan4 send me some freind requests!! Just let me know your from TCC!
Bravesfan10
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Feb 9 2010, 09:14 PM)
i just wish prestiging felt more rewarding.
Prestige felt to me like i have already done this already.

Plus the prestige gun titles are ugly.

I don't really prestige for the reward, I just enjoy the challenge of unlocking everything again and ranking up. You can't think about it either, when I do I start to miss my AK47 too much laugh.gif
metsfan2427
Decided to play some free for all
went 30-5 on subbase.

The only thing i dislike about free for all is the spawns are horrible.

You have atleast two or 3 deaths becuase of guys spawning behind you.
ffman
Found a new favorite weapon:

MG4 with Grip and thermal.

Very accurate for an LMG. It lacks the power of the RPD or AUG, but is pretty good.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 12 2010, 02:46 PM)
Found a new favorite weapon:

MG4 with Grip and thermal.

Very accurate for an LMG.  It lacks the power of the RPD or AUG, but is pretty good.

the thermal seriously
ffman
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Feb 12 2010, 02:13 PM)
the thermal seriously

Yeah.

I don't like it on anything else that much though.
Bravesfan10
I think I'm done with MW2 for a while. It seems like I can't go 5 minutes without getting ticked off by some dude with a danger close noob toob on his FAMAS (or something along those lines)....
Might go play a little COD5 or Left 4 Dead 2
Stlouisrams1600
Finally Prestiged on COD MW Reflex.
ffman
I had my best match last night.

It didn't contain my longest killstreak, but my best overall match totals.

I was playing Afghan with this class:

M16 with silencer and Thermal
M93 Raffica
Bling Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Predator
Harrier
Pavelow

I pretty much camped around the bunker area (alternating between the smaller bunker and the "exit" of the large bunker by the field). I got both rounds of killstreaks twice, and ended up at 32-3.
degibson84
I heard the Car package glitches were fixed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.