Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Call of Duty Thread.
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Entertainment News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Stlouisrams1600
All talk about Call of Duty.

Go!
joe31
Fun game. Started out not so hot but getting better. Whats your favorite gun to use?

Im assuming your talking about MW2
ffman
I'm hooked on phonics....err.....Call of Duty: MW2.

I've logged in a little over 60 hours so far on the game. Level 64....ready to prestige so I can unlock a new custom class slot.
cardinal
The first FPS I ever played online was COD2 on PC. That game was excellent.
metsfan2427
I'm loving MW2.
Have put in 5 days 6 hrs into the game.
Currently on 1st prestige lvl 49
My Fav gun is the ACR used to be the scar
ffman
QUOTE(cardinal @ Jan 10 2010, 01:46 PM)
The first FPS I ever played online was COD2 on PC. That game was excellent.

My first online game was also a Call of Duty title. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

It got me hooked on online gaming - something I never thought I would care for believe it or not.
Stlouisrams1600
I play MW and WAW on the Wii, level 32 on MW and I think 49 on WAW on my second Prestige. Haven't played much WAW in a while.
degibson84
I'm working on mastering the SCAR-H trying to get everything unlocked its alot harder to get the headshots need for it than i expected.

Also unlocked the assault rifle at level 40 not sure its noame. it has burst of 3 but seems to kill people alot faster than the SCAR-H
ffman
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Jan 10 2010, 01:54 PM)
I'm working on mastering the SCAR-H trying to get everything unlocked its alot harder to get the headshots need for it than i expected.

Also unlocked the assault rifle at level 40 not sure its noame. it has burst of 3 but seems to kill people alot faster than the SCAR-H

I have the SCAR-H mastered....getting all the kills with the FMJ was a pain. I still lack the camouflage patterns (I need the last two).

I think you are referring to the M16.
metsfan2427
I went 41-9 on domination and raised my killstreak to 22.

M203 for the win

But is any one getting sick of all the exploits, glitches and what not
degibson84
QUOTE(ffman @ Jan 10 2010, 02:57 PM)
I have the SCAR-H mastered....getting all the kills with the FMJ was a pain.  I still lack the camouflage patterns (I need the last two).

I think you are referring to the M16.

The FMJ did take awhile as i would just look for people in windows or on ledges and shoot at their feet for the penatration kills.

i was just playing this morning and forgot to look what the other gun was i want to say M14A or somehitng along those lines.

and the headshots are really hard to get to unlock the camo for the weapons. i found using the red dot has helped me out a little bit on that
metsfan2427
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Jan 11 2010, 01:04 PM)
The FMJ did take awhile as i would just look for people in windows or on ledges and shoot at their feet for the penatration kills.

i was just playing this morning and forgot to look what the other gun was i want to say M14A or somehitng along those lines.

and the headshots are really hard to get to unlock the camo for the weapons. i found using the red dot has helped me out a little bit on that

M4A1

I just wish iw would just fix this game for good.
Fix the care package glitch, fix commando, fix it so there isn't a new glitch everyweek.
As much as i love this game if this keeps up i think i will be playing BFBC2 when it comes out in March
ffman
Only glitch that really gets me is the care package glitch. I knife occasionally, but not with the care package.

Lately I have been dominating with this class:

SCAR-H (w/ silencer)
Random secondary (did have M1014 silenced but wasn't working good)
Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded
Ninja Pro

Killstreaks - Care Package, Harrier, Stealth/Pavelow

The silenced SCAR-H isn't quite as good as range but it still gets the job done most of the time. In the past I couldn't use the SCAR without Stopping Power, but now I find it a little better to sacrifice power for stealth.

I have also found the Harrier to be one of the most devastating killstreaks in the game, given it doesn't get shot down. On my last match I unlocked the Omnicide challenge with the Harrier (kill the entire enemy team within 10 seconds).

This game is so much fun, but I might give it a rest for the remainder of the day. Playing MW 2 online is so addictive that it takes time away from other games.
sportscollector4life
pm if your online with the ps3! give me your user names!
Bravesfan10
I've almost got fall for my Barrett 50 Cal. but lvl. 70 is closing in quick and I'd like to prestige again as soon as I'm there. So from here on out it's sniping every game smile.gif

I'm also starting to narrow my playlists down to 2 (Search & Destroy / Domination). I just find that the TDM games are WAY to short. I've been well on my way to a nuke at least 3 times, but the game always ends while I'm in my chopper gunner.
joe31
I like the Scar and the Famas. I almost have the famas mastered.
phatman68
I love MW2 but I am not exactly the best at it...logged like 14-16 hours Im more of a sports guy talent wise but LOVE playin COD

the SCAR-H is my gun fo sho with the heartbeat sensor
ffman
I prestiged the night before last.

Level 21 now. Even though I said I was going to try new weapons I find myself going back to the trusty SCAR-H. Need around 300 kills to get the SCAR Veteran title.

I'm also using the default "First Recon" class a lot since it comes with a tactical knife....awesome.
mjda
I'll be entering prestige again tonight! I ONLY play hardcore team deathmatch and hardcore search and destroy, so if any of you want to play let me know. I have a pretty good group of guys that I play with regularly, but we usually have room for 1 more. smile.gif

Depending on the map, I use 4 different classes primarily on team deathmatch. I do have an ACR class and a Sniper class, but I rarely use either.

1) M16A4 (Acog, Silenced)
Raffica (Red Dot, Silenced)

Bling Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

2) M16A4 (Red Dot, Silenced)
Stinger

Bling Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

3) M16A4 (Red Dot)
Stinger

Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

4) UMP45 (Silenced)
Raffica (Red Dot)

Marathon Pro
Lightweight
Ninja Pro

Predator Missile, Harrier Strike, Pave Low

The UMP45 class is the one that I use in search and destroy, and I generally change my killstreaks to UAV, Counter-UAV, and Predator Missile. smile.gif
Stlouisrams1600
I was doing great on MW last night on Hardcore Search and Destroy only having about 2 deaths each game. biggrin.gif
cardinal
Search & Destroy has always been COD's best game type IMO.

S&D was excellent in COD2 on PC.
metsfan2427
i can't stand s/d
Stlouisrams1600
I've been doing S&D, and Hardcore TDM. Haven't been doing so hot today.
degibson84
I have never had any glitches on 360. The only thing that happens is an occasional server connection time out and the guys dont really move or the map moves while you aren't. but that usually fixes its self or the game finds a new host
degibson84
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Jan 17 2010, 04:48 PM)
I've been doing S&D, and Hardcore TDM. Haven't been doing so hot today.

demolition is also kind of fun
degibson84
QUOTE(ffman @ Jan 14 2010, 03:04 PM)
I prestiged the night before last. 

Level 21 now.  Even though I said I was going to try new weapons I find myself going back to the trusty SCAR-H.  Need around 300 kills to get the SCAR Veteran title.

I'm also using the default "First Recon" class a lot since it comes with a tactical knife....awesome.

what do you mean by prestiged?
ffman
Once you reach level 70 (actually, after you "level up" once more after that) you can prestige. You go back to level 1 and have to reearn perks and weapons but the symbol beside your name changes. Also, on odd-number prestiges (1st prestige, 3rd, 5th , etc) you gain one extra custom class.

I had my first perfect game last night. 17-0 on Estate with the Intervention and PP2000 (Care Package, Harrier, Bomber).
metsfan2427
Been playing s/d.
Pulled off a nice 1 vs 3
killed the last 5 guys in the match
degibson84
QUOTE(ffman @ Jan 18 2010, 01:04 PM)
Once you reach level 70 (actually, after you "level up" once more after that) you can prestige.  You go back to level 1 and have to reearn perks and weapons but the symbol beside your name changes.  Also, on odd-number prestiges (1st prestige, 3rd, 5th , etc) you gain one extra custom class.

I had my first perfect game last night.  17-0 on Estate with the Intervention and PP2000 (Care Package, Harrier, Bomber).

so once i hit level 70 i can chose to go back at level 1 and have to re earn everything?
ffman
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Jan 19 2010, 11:01 AM)
so once i hit level 70 i can chose to go back at level 1 and have to re earn everything?

Yeah. And, if you want, you can go through it all over again up to 10 times. laugh.gif (if you have the patience).
Iplayfootball_90
I haven't played in 2 weeks or so. I get rather frustrated while playing it.

Probably gonna pick up Skate 2 again once I get the money.
ffman
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Jan 19 2010, 12:34 PM)
I haven't played in 2 weeks or so. I get rather frustrated while playing it.

Probably gonna pick up Skate 2 again once I get the money.

I don't get frustrated until I do REALLY bad. But I do get tense quite a bit.
metsfan2427
I think i will just give up on tdm. I loved it with i first started but now its just full of campers, spawn campers, and people who play like noobs.

out of the 10 games i played last night. only once was it wasn't full of the above listed.

All tdm does i tick me off half the time.

Iplayfootball_90
I much prefer S&D or Demolition. But the guys I play with all play Team deathmatch.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Jan 19 2010, 09:05 PM)
I much prefer S&D or Demolition. But the guys I play with all play Team deathmatch.

I don't enjoy Demolition on MW, or Headquarters.
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Jan 19 2010, 09:10 PM)
I don't enjoy Demolition on MW, or Headquarters.

I never was big on Headquarters. I never had a fun time playing that game type.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Jan 19 2010, 11:40 PM)
I never was big on Headquarters. I never had a fun time playing that game type.

Too long for me, I stick to the short 10min games like TDM and S/D.
Iplayfootball_90
There's that too. I'm not a fan of playing long games. That's why I hate domination. I wouldn't mind it if it weren't so long.
metsfan2427
think i going to try some snipping on hc today if i have time.
cardinal
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Jan 20 2010, 11:11 AM)
think i going to try some snipping on hc today it i have time.

huh.gif blink.gif

I'm going to make a daring attempt at figuring this out and assume you meant:

"I think I'm going to try some sniping on hc today if I have time."

How close was I?
degibson84
If anyone wants to play tonight shoot me a request degibson84. I play alot
Stlouisrams1600
I wish more of you guys had Wii's! biggrin.gif
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Jan 20 2010, 03:28 PM)
I wish more of you guys had Wii's! biggrin.gif

i have a wii.

but it collects dust
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Jan 20 2010, 03:30 PM)
i have a wii.

but it collects dust

Get COD WAW or MW. And let's play!
Iplayfootball_90
This is the last week I'll have CoD MW2 (selling it this weekend), so if anyone wants to get a game or two in before I sell it, let me know.
cardinal
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Jan 20 2010, 06:56 PM)
This is the last week I'll have CoD MW2 (selling it this weekend), so if anyone wants to get a game or two in before I sell it, let me know.

Are you taking it to GameStop or selling it on eBay.
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(cardinal @ Jan 20 2010, 07:52 PM)
Are you taking it to GameStop or selling it on eBay.

A friend of mine is buying it from me.

I'm also getting rid of The Saboteur and Rainbow Six : Vegas 2
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Jan 20 2010, 03:34 PM)
Get COD WAW or MW. And let's play!

sorry man. not going to spend 50 bucks on a dumbed down verison. when i can get it on the 360 version for half the price
metsfan2427
picked up cod 4 off ebay
bluechip
I've enjoyed all of them, haven't bought the MW2 yet though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.