Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Free Card Pricing for all
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Krusin
Going thru a bunch of BSB cards today & decided to check out CMOC that everyone on Blowouts site raves about. f.y.i. it's another place to sell your cards, I belive you have to send them your cards & they take care of listing selling & sending out the cards. Just wanted to see what certian things were selling for.

But back to the subject, I noticed in thier listing for cards they give a BV on the paticular card & when I read their pricing guidlines it said they use an on-line service provided by Beckett. Most of the auctions have that price crossed out & a sell for price listed. So does this mean as long as you can find the card your looking for up for sale you can get an accurate BV price on it? I don't have OPG to check it against but thought if someone did they could check it out.
Krusin
Forgot to put up the link to the site -

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Default.aspx
edgerrin32
this is a sweet site!! i was looking up stuff, man there is a lot of cheap cards on there, i seen cards that sell for 5-6 bucks on the bay on here for like 50cents. and they have that flipping option!!! theres a lot to understand thought, about all the fees and shipping etc. but i will be checking it as a buying place!!!!
captkirk42
I discovered COMC back around Feb or Mar signed up bought about 30 some cards and eventually sent in 215 cards. It takes about a month to 6 weeks for them to get all your cards scanned into their system. I've only sold about 9 cards so far. It took about a month or 2 for that first sale. As with Ebay it is a matter of timing, and sometimes of price. OK the selling steps (after you have already signed up with the service and read the directions for how to send cards to them etc...

1. You notify them that you are sending them cards and how many to get the total processing cost for the cards you are sending them. You have an option of having them rush the process which is extra but gets your cards up on the site sooner.

2. You ship the cards to them following their requirements.

3. They receive your cards and email you that your cards have been received and they give you an estimate on how long they will be processed.

4. They look up the BV of each card and scan both the front and the back of each individual card.

5. During this process they send an update telling you what percentage of your cards have been processed and if there is a change in the estimated completion date.

6. Once your cards have been scanned and put into the database they notify you that your cards have been scanned and entered. They then will charge you the processing fee using your "credit $" that you have sent to them. That is part of why they need you to tell them when you are sending them cards, so that you can stock up your account for processing.

7. Then before you can sell any cards you MUST price them card by card. Once you have put prices on the cards they will start showing up in the database for customers to buy. You can price them at whatever you want. The entry for each card will show the BV and your price. If you price is low enough a % off of BV will show.

Everytime one of your cards sell they will send you a message. They also send you alerts when the BV of any of your cards change so you can adjust your price if you wish.

Since they hold all the sellers cards, it saves the customers big time on shipping charges since all cards are coming from the same place. Unlike sportlots.com where each seller still holds their own cards (and very few of them have images) and ships them out separately.

When you buy cards from there on the invoice in the package it has tiny little icon sized b/w images of the cards you bought.

If I've skipped anything it's only because it is after 5:00PM at work and I need to get going to be someplace at 7:00PM.
Krusin
Great info, I'm sure it'll get a little more traffic, some from me if for nothing else to look up card pricing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.