Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Gems of the Game
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
otis0220
Hey guys. I don't know if you guys have seen those Gems of the Game basketball blasters at Wal-Mart/Target etc, usually 25 bucks. I saw they had a Series 2 Hall of Fame version for 20 bucks. It has 10 packs and a graded card so I decided to bite. Now I kinda wish I kept swimming. It was a waste of money in my opinion and should've known better. Here's what was inside:

(2) UD 1st Edition 07/08
(2) UD 1st Edition 08/09
(2) Fleer 94/95
Topps 07/08
Press Pass 2006
UD Reserve 06/07
Topps Tipoff 08/09

As for the graded card, I was expecting a RC. It was just a normal base card! A Tim Duncan base card from 03/04 Fleer Authentix. I mean ok it was Duncan but I can't believe they would try and pass off a graded regular base.

I'm only opening half of these, I can't stand the 1st editions. I might just give them away to a couple friends. You guys probably know already but don't buy these....unless it's a crazy clearance price!
Stlouisrams1600
They have those for Football too, they usually have Score rookies of Chris Henry from 07.
aceecards
thanks for taking one for the team
cardcrazed
I would have just spent the money on a nice hobby box! Blasters are such a waste of money!

Justin
otis0220
Blasters aren't always a waste of money, this time I will agree.

acee-Someone had to do it!

I'm just gonna list a couple things from here for the hell of it.

PP- 2 felton rookie reviews (1 has name in blue foil)
lowry old school insert

ud reserve- mardy collins rc

topps 07/08-oden and durant rc's (not bad at all!)
jermaine o'neal 57/58 variation (they have such poor quality)

tip-off-cartwright, mailman, rick barry, jerry west /2008, arthur rc

fleer 94/95 (21 card pk!) ewing, daugherty, kukoc, t porter. thorpe, rice, mashburn insert
ffman
On the basketball boxes like that the best you can hope for is a good 03-04 pack (James rookie) or a nice MJ insert from an older 90s pack.
truffleshuffle
I saw those like that for football Always wonderd but Desided to hold Of. Glad I did Sounds like a bucnch of crud
truffleshuffle
QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Oct 24 2009, 03:18 PM)
I would have just spent the money on a nice hobby box! Blasters are such a waste of money!

Justin

Not all the time Blasters sometimes have some good stuff. I remember back around 2000-2003 I used to buy blasters all the time and would end up with some nice stuff most of the time. I have pulled a few nice autos from blasters as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.