Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Upper Deck SPx Football Preview
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
Mike Lindegarde
Here is a preview of SPx Football. Hopefully it'll be out on the 29th and not delayed again.

2009 Upper Deck SPx Football Preview
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Mike Lindegarde @ Sep 22 2009, 12:22 PM)
Here is a preview of SPx Football.  Hopefully it'll be out on the 29th and not delayed again.

2009 Upper Deck SPx Football Preview

Oh please, Oh please no more delays......biggrin.gif
ffman
Those shadow box inserts could be cool.

Nice to see a little creativity again even if it is on a very rare card.
northicehero99
Yuck! I hate this $20 a pack junk and I mean junk! 1 or 2 good hits in the box that will yield maybe the pack price or twice the pack price, the rest are utter junk. Basically overpriced game used cards, but aren't they all anymore. I hate that $20 SRP for a base gu card that will book $8 for a star. Give me a product like the Hockey SPx where you get 4-5 peices in the box for $80 and they are more enjoyable to open.
Mike Lindegarde
I'm not a fan of SPx at all. I try to avoid being to harsh in the preview since I haven't actually held the cards in my hand. If it weren't for the new shadow box technology I wouldn't have even bothered previewing SPx.
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Mike Lindegarde @ Sep 23 2009, 08:41 AM)
I'm not a fan of SPx at all.  I try to avoid being to harsh in the preview since I haven't actually held the cards in my hand.  If it weren't for the new shadow box technology I wouldn't have even bothered previewing SPx.

ahhhh...c'mon guys..... cry.gif

crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif
Stlouisrams1600
I might try a pack or two. I opened one pack last year and pulled a Andre Woodson/ Jason Campbell dual auto/75.
Tarasadie17
Thanks for the review Mike... as I mentioned in an earlier thread, SPx looks terrible this year and I won't be wasting any of my money on it....
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Oct 2 2009, 09:24 AM)
Thanks for the review Mike... as I mentioned in an earlier thread, SPx looks terrible this year and I won't be wasting any of my money on it....

But, I can see the serial numbers much clearer on this years design...biggrin.gif
Gforce083
After busting 5 boxes of it tonight...I think the stuff is great! Great design (so much better than last years over uses of foil).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.