Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Donruss Threads Preview...
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
Mike Lindegarde
With Threads do out shortly, I put together a little preview of the product that compares the last four years of the product (with pictures). While I'm sure the product will still be fun to open, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of some of the designs.

You can find the preview here: 2009 Donruss Threads Preview
Derek4484
I have to say i really like the Base Preview as i think its something different and i like the name in the middle of the card.

I wish they went back to the silver sticker for the autos as i do not really like the clear ones. Maybe they could to colors according to the team.
Mike Lindegarde
QUOTE(Derek4484 @ Aug 19 2009, 01:32 AM)
I have to say i really like the Base Preview as i think its something different and i like the name in the middle of the card.

I wish they went back to the silver sticker for the autos as i do not really like the clear ones.  Maybe they could to colors according to the team.

Doing the sticker color according to team would be nice. I think Topps did something where the team name was in the background of the sticker once. I think it was Triple Threads. That was nice.
Derek4484
QUOTE(Mike Lindegarde @ Aug 19 2009, 09:51 AM)
Doing the sticker color according to team would be nice.  I think Topps did something where the team name was in the background of the sticker once.  I think it was Triple Threads.  That was nice.

Yeah it be pretty different and doubt it be to hard to pull off.
northicehero99
Ugly. Those base cards look terrible and actually looking at them side by side the 06 version looks the nicest. I am sorry but the nameplate should never be right through the middle of the player, it makes the card too busy looking, especially with all the extra stuff. What the heck did they do to the GK design, wow that is a change and again the card is just too busy for me. I will still buy it for the chance at the letterman, but I don't think I will chase the set.
babybraves05
i dont see 1 category, (of the 4 that you pictured) where 2009 is superior. 2007 and 2006 Truly Dominate the product. The 2007 Gridiron Kings are just a thing of Beauty
ffman
Ugh....the base looks horrid.
marcus42
DLP is getting pretty bad...

Base is nothing special at all, it's ugly as others have stated...

Gridiron Kings was great cause it had a throwback artistic look to it...now it's over digitalized.

08 Base was a favorite of mine...09 is just horrid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.