Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Topps Football Review
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
Mike Lindegarde
I recently finished my 2009 box break of Topps Football. I put together this review for those of you who haven't yet decided whether or not you want to buy a box (or more) of this product.

2009 Topps Football Review
rnpurdue
In your opinion, which easy to put together/cheap football set do you think is better.....Topps or Score? I put together the score set already and sounds like I choose more wisely. Thanks for your thoughts. Matt
Mike Lindegarde
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Aug 3 2009, 02:54 PM)
In your opinion, which easy to put together/cheap football set do you think is better.....Topps or Score?  I put together the score set already and sounds like I choose more wisely.  Thanks for your thoughts.  Matt

Here is how I break it down:

Score Hobby box:
- Cost: $61
- Hits: 3
- Cards: 20 packs, 5 cards = 100 Cards
- Card design: not so good
- Rookie Uniform: college

Topps:
- Cost: $95
- Hits: 3
- Cards: 10 packs, 50 cards = 500 Cards
- Card design: nice
- Rookie Uniform: NFL
- Long shot chance at a Rookie Premier auto.

I would have to say Topps is the better choice: especially once the price on the jumbo box starts to fall (and it will). I also tend like Topps better "just because": weak argument, I know.

I used the Jumbo box for the comparison because I wouldn't consider buying a regular hobby box of Topps. I'm willing to pay a little extra for the shot at a Rookie Premier autograph.
rnpurdue
Thanks for your thoughts.
ty4orce
Don't feel bad my box 90% of the cards had either a dinged corner scratch lines or roller marks ....and I am in Canada so I pay a lot more......I do put the set together normally but my mind is changing rather quickly .....the base card design is really nice I find better than past years.......but I am really discouraged and if I want my cards replaced I have to pay more and deal with a Topps representative........in the past they told me I can have 25 cards replaced which to me does not make any sense..........it was not a jumbo box but a hobby one.........I am just really discouraged........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.