Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: August Trade-A-Thon!!!!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Luke2411
Trade-A-Thon

THE TRADING CARD CENTRAL MONTHLY TRADE-A-THON IS BACK AGAIN BEGINNING August 20, 2009 AND LASTING UNTIL August 23, 2009.

This 4-day event will once again be a time where all Collector Zone members are encouraged to focus on trading, buying and selling with each other. So, dust off your trade and want lists! In addition, stop by the local shop and make sure you're fully stocked with shipping supplies.

Come Thursday (8/20/09) all attention will turn to trading, buying and selling! We'll also have a number of giveaways - including a special prize for the member that completes the most transactions by the time the September 2009 Trade-a-Thon starts (only transactions posted during the Trade-a-Thon will apply)!

As you can see, this special event should be a great time and a great opportunity for many of you to obtain some new cards from your want lists!

Let's do everything we can to continue making this a great series of monthly trade-a-thons here at Trading Card Central.

Here's one of the prizes that will be given away...

user posted image
Luke2411
Let's get this going again!!!
Stlouisrams1600
Well this stinks! I'll be in Jamiaca during this. It's a win lose. wink.gif
joe31
Id rather be in Jamiaca I think smile.gif

Should be fun. Cant wait
road_runner_1964
Bring it on!
KHarmon
I'll be waiting!!!! biggrin.gif
Kmart6nets
Pinned! Trade-a-thon!
2000 rushing yards
awesome! it/s the last week before going to college so i'll be looking ot move a lot of stuff!
ac5595bb
wow that's the day i get back from brazil! hope to get back to trading on those day!
ronaldinho0003
Trade-a-thon! Trade-a-thon! Can't wait!
CardCollector123
Im pumped, I missed half of it last time so I only got like 8 trades done, lets hope I get more trades and more JDB's to the collection!
nameant
Sweetness.
webbgem
Sounds like fun....let's get ready to trade!
hockeyfan1208
Mario Williams Cards Guys...

I know i'm not gonna win this thing or get close but, I can certainly help out anyone making a push if they have him available for me :]
Kmart6nets
The August Trade A Thon starts tomorrow everyone! Get those cards ready!
joe31
Cant wait. Who gets prizes again? Whoever has the most trades or the biggest trade?
joe31
TRADE-A-THON time!!

Lets trade guys
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(joe31 @ Aug 20 2009, 09:50 AM)
TRADE-A-THON time!!

Lets trade guys

Awfully quiet out there, get checking each others lists....biggrin.gif
Luke2411
Trade-a-thon is now happening. It's been awfully quite on this thread. Who has trades up and going for this???
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Luke2411 @ Aug 21 2009, 04:39 PM)
Trade-a-thon is now happening.  It's been awfully quite on this thread.  Who has trades up and going for this???

biggrin.gif
KHarmon
I've got two so far......trying to get some more rolling.....CHIP needs to look at my Topps Chrome break. There's a little Chipper goodie in there!!!!
tj2373
I've got one trade posted with tootalltoma.
Packers247
i have around 5 or 6 one form pejarox, mvp kosar, hester collecter, sprinter something?, and timmyftblastar54
Timmyftblstar54
yupp i have a trade with packers247^^
KHarmon
Didn't do as well with this trade-a-thon as I did the last one......wound up with five. sad.gif
road_runner_1964
Not as good as last time, only 14. But, quality trades...biggrin.gif
rnpurdue
QUOTE(road_runner_1964 @ Aug 24 2009, 08:19 AM)
Not as good as last time, only 14.  But, quality trades...biggrin.gif

I agree. wink.gif
Luke2411
I'll get some stats up here this afternoon on this trade-a-thon. Thanks everyone for participating.
Luke2411
Here are some preliminary results from the August Trade-a-Thon.

You can view them here...

August Trade-A-Thon

There were a total of 142 transactions posted during the August Trade-a-Thon.

Compare that to the May Trade-a-Thon where 269 transactions were completed.

So, this month's trade-a-thon was not as successful. I'm going to chalk that up to being late in the summer where people were finishing up their vacations, or in my case the last weekend before classes started again here in Texas.

Let's see if we can get back on track with the next trade-a-thon.

As these transactions get completed, I'll have more information on winners and prizes.
Stlouisrams1600
I wish I could have participated.
sportscollectoroz
QUOTE(road_runner_1964 @ Aug 24 2009, 07:19 AM)
Not as good as last time, only 14.  But, quality trades...biggrin.gif

And to think . . . I thought I did well with my four trades.
Luke2411
So far, 109 of the transactions for the August Trade-A-Thon have been completed. There are 33 left.

Right now, rtsjr is leading with 10 completed trades. We'll see if he can hold on to the lead as the other 33 close.
Luke2411
The August Trade-a-thon resulted in 139 completed transactions, of which 78 where trades.

The person with the most trades was rtsjr.

For completing the most trades in the allotted time period, rtsjr will receive....

Cut auto of Tom Seaver.

user posted image

and...

user posted image

An 8x10 print of this picture I took of the fountains at Kaufmann Stadium.

Thanks for playing. Look for another trade-a-thon in October!!!
Stlouisrams1600
That 8x10 is amazing. I love it.
rtsjr
thats a nice birthday present to myself

how did you know fav team awesome photo
Luke2411
QUOTE(rtsjr @ Sep 30 2009, 06:16 PM)
thats  a  nice  birthday  present to  myself
how  did  you  know  fav  team  awesome  photo

You've got the Royals listed as one of your favorites in your signature.

rtsjr
never got anything from this

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.