Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: How many NPNs do you send out a month?
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
mjda
Here is a question that I'm sure may have been asked before. However, I'm going to ask it again anyways just for fun. I actually have never sent out an NPN, but by the looks at some of the cards you guys seem to be getting back, I should start!

Since I can only ask 1 question I'd also like a few people to post how many you send out and how many you get returned, on average, every month.
sasports
I sent 24 different NPNs online (all different brands) in the same month and did not recieve 1 back!
bajmurray
I have mailed out a request to every valid NPN address that has been posted in the main thread over the last 4 months.

When I receive the next card, it will bring my grand total received to ONE!
ffman
None.

I've sent out a couple over my entire life and received....one?
nameant
I sent out 3 at one time a long time ago and didn't receive anything so that was the end of that for me.
benshobbies
Man, I've had a totally different experience than you guys. I'll buy a book of stamps each month for the NPN's that are released an send in all the NPN's that appear on www.npnsportscards.com. My return rate is about 1:5.
2000 rushing yards
I send out one for almost every product that comes out. MY ratio is probably around 1:5 (1:3 if you exclude UD!)
FerrisBueller
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ Jul 21 2009, 04:55 PM)
I send out one for almost every product that comes out. MY ratio is probably around 1:5 (1:3 if you exclude UD!)

I agree. My father and I send out for about every product and response is about 1:5. I received one UD since they went to their online system. I never received a Press Pass, Stealth or other NASCAR product, so I stopped sending in for those.
mjda
I was mainly talking about the ones you have to mail in, but I'm glad you guys brought up the UD online system. I actually have used that before, several times actually. I've probably submitted a NPN for 12, or more, products on UD's website. Needless to say, I didn't get anything back from any of those entries. I was just curious to see if the mail-ins were better, and by the replies it seems they might be. I might have to try sending a dozen, or so, of those out.
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(FerrisBueller @ Jul 22 2009, 07:41 PM)
I agree. My father and I send out for about every product and response is about 1:5.  I received one UD since they went to their online system.  I never received a Press Pass, Stealth or other NASCAR product, so I stopped sending in for those.

Yeah i don't do NASCAR, magic, or WWE really
northicehero99
Michael you really have to break it down by manufacturer:

Topps I usually do pretty good with 2/5-3/5

DLP (Panini) probably 2/5 for the mostpart or better.

I seem to get a good bit from DLP and Topps when I remember to send in. Most of it (95%) is inserts, sps, parallels.

UD 1/20 + with the online site. Did a lot better when they were mail in.

Presspass 0/15 basically don't do theirs due to lack of getting anything.

How many I send out depends on how much product is released by those card manufacturers, but have been doing less, as spending $0.44 for an insert just does not seem as worthwhile in some sports for me.
benshobbies
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Jul 23 2009, 11:52 AM)
Michael you really have to break it down by manufacturer:

Topps I usually do pretty good with 2/5-3/5

DLP (Panini) probably 2/5 for the mostpart or better. 

I seem to get a good bit from DLP and Topps when I remember to send in.  Most of it (95%) is inserts, sps, parallels.

UD 1/20 + with the online site.  Did a lot better when they were mail in.

Presspass 0/15 basically don't do theirs due to lack of getting anything.

How many I send out depends on how much product is released by those card manufacturers, but have been doing less, as spending $0.44 for an insert just does not seem as worthwhile in some sports for me.

I have about the same odds for Topps, however with dunruss I am 3/5 and Upper Deck I am 1/10. It really counts if you WRITE ON THE ENVELOPE VERY NEATLY (for mail-ins)! That is important because I think if people say "Oh, I don't want something I can't read then we'll just won't pick it." I also am interested in seeing how Razor does on NPN's. I sent in my max for both sets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.