Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Topps Magic
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
broscards
After busting a case of this stuff... very shady.

1. No boxtoppers at all - were on the sell sheet
2. No buyback
3. No dual auto
4. Player selection was doubled up

The "Case Hit" was a TOpps Magic Michael Crabtree auto 2/25 - very nice

The rest of the case yielded these autos (off the top of my head)

Addai
Trent Edwards
Steve Slaton
Forte
Kevin Smith
Adrian Arrington x2
Craig buster davis
Marlin Jackson
Henne
Hakim Nicks
Lesean Micoy

the rest were BAD...

DJ Shockey was one..

Lots of minis, stupid inserts - "McCullom vs The Board of Education" was one.

The magic set design is awesome, love the college photos.

The "All American" set is very nice too.. looks just like the first one.

Overall for 900.00 Id say we got pwned.

Here were some of the autos:

user posted image

Johnny Number 5
seems like topps has the same issue it had with Mayo "guarenteeing" Lots of stuff that didnt deliver.
j
broscards
That was my impression...
Johnny Number 5
i want to know why they would put in a DJ Shockley auto in the first place....thats seriously lame

j5
broscards
Yeah, there are some real winners and losers on that checklist!
Johnny Number 5
topps brags about a HUGE check list of autos, their biggest ever, and they put on DJ shockely, next thing someone is going to tell me they are pulling some other 4th string practice squadders.

ah

sorry u got mangoed
j5
broscards
Me too laugh.gif

Thanks though!
Stlouisrams1600
They should put Chris Long there instead of D.J Shockley.
broscards
AMEN!

And they should guarantee a meachem per case! laugh.gif
Gforce083
bros...I think you were confused on the "box topper" There wasn't ever supposed to be an extra "box topper" card like Topps Chrome...the only thing the advertised was a "Magic Box Loader" that would inform collectors of the little known facts about 1951 Topps Magic...

user posted image
marcus42
QUOTE(Johnny Number 5 @ Jul 3 2009, 09:05 PM)
topps brags about a HUGE check list of autos, their biggest ever, and they put on DJ shockely, next thing someone is going to tell me they are pulling some other 4th string practice squadders.

ah

sorry u got mangoed
j5

well there's going to be scrubs if there is a checklist that huge...they all can't be A listers...plus Kamerion Wimbley is in the set smile.gif
broscards
I didnt see anything in any of our boxes Gary.. I wanted to learn about Magic!! laugh.gif

Mark - I agree that scrubs will be included.. but DJ Shockley, Dajuan Morgan etc etc ?
marcus42
Mark - I agree that scrubs will be included.. but DJ Shockley, Dajuan Morgan etc etc ?

Oh I agree that the selection could be better, but the nice thing is, most of the guys in this set were pretty good in college and this gives collectors who focus on college teams (or players in college uniforms) something new and different to chase!
broscards
yes sir! Cmon somebody pull a meachem already!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.