Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Former WWE Star Has Re-signed with the Company
Collector Zone > Non-Sports Cards > Wrestling
dodgerblue38501
Chris Mordetzky, professionally known as "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters is set to return to WWE.

Masters, who had a long talk with Vince McMahon at the WWE TV Tapings last week in Los Angeles began canceling planned bookings yesterday, telling promoters he would be returning to WWE television. Masters had been a regular visitor at the LA tapings for some time as he resides in the area.

Masters could end up being a test case for WWE going forward. He was released in November 2007 following his second WWE Wellness Policy suspension. Should he be suspended during this new run, we'll know how suspensions from previous WWE contractual agreements would stand if/when a talent is signed to a new deal following a period where they are not employed by the company. My gut tells me that he will receive a new set of strikes given his 1 1/2 year hiatus where he was not in WWE's employ.

During his first run, Masters, a regular on the Raw roster, only appeared in one PPV main event, the New Year's Revolution Elimination Chamber in Albany, NY in 2007, won by then-WWE champion John Cena.

There is no word as to when he is set to return to television but we will most likely be seeing him soon.
rtsjr
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Jun 4 2009, 01:15 PM)
Chris Mordetzky, professionally known as "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters is set to return to WWE.

Masters, who had a long talk with Vince McMahon at the WWE TV Tapings last week in Los Angeles began canceling planned bookings yesterday, telling promoters he would be returning to WWE television. Masters had been a regular visitor at the LA tapings for some time as he resides in the area.

Masters could end up being a test case for WWE going forward. He was released in November 2007 following his second WWE Wellness Policy suspension. Should he be suspended during this new run, we'll know how suspensions from previous WWE contractual agreements would stand if/when a talent is signed to a new deal following a period where they are not employed by the company. My gut tells me that he will receive a new set of strikes given his 1 1/2 year hiatus where he was not in WWE's employ.

During his first run, Masters, a regular on the Raw roster, only appeared in one PPV main event, the New Year's Revolution Elimination Chamber in Albany, NY in 2007, won by then-WWE champion John Cena.

There is no word as to when he is set to return to television but we will most likely be seeing him soon.

was at that ppv was great
bravesfan09
The Masterpiece is back!!!!!
PJRoxx
Just what WWE needs, another roided up muscle man with no talent. Maybe he and Randy Orton can have a battle to see which move is more boring, the full nelson or all those chinlocks Orton uses.
bravesfan09
QUOTE(PJRoxx @ Jun 4 2009, 04:01 PM)
Just what WWE needs, another roided up muscle man with no talent. Maybe he and Randy Orton can have a battle to see which move is more boring, the full nelson or all those chinlocks Orton uses.

Hey! dry.gif
athopesend
nice, I remember being at his debut on Raw when it was in State College, PA. He broke Stevie Richards nose in the match ... lol
jaderock
I think Masters will have a hard time AGAIN in the WWE

--

WWE should take a re-look at Mark Jindrak (aka Marco Corleone in AAA). He now has more charisma than his entire WWE run. He also speaks Spanish which is a key for WWE since they have targeted Mexico and South America as targets for more tours.
bravesfan09
QUOTE(jaderock @ Jun 5 2009, 01:03 AM)
I think Masters will have a hard time AGAIN in the WWE

--

WWE should take a re-look at Mark Jindrak (aka Marco Corleone in AAA). He now has more charisma than his entire WWE run. He also speaks Spanish which is a key for WWE since they have targeted Mexico and South America as targets for more tours.

Yeah!! Jindrak was a big sucka! I could see him feuding with like Kane or Umaga.
bravesfan09
Well it appears that various internet reports announcing Chris Masters re-signing with WWE that started on other news sites and were then re-reported here may have been premature at best.

As I noted in my first post on Masters resigning, WWE
never announced it, and in conversations I had with some folk who might know, I was never able to get confirmation, just more rumor.
jaderock
QUOTE(bravesfan09 @ Jun 6 2009, 10:02 AM)
Well it appears that various internet reports announcing Chris Masters re-signing with WWE that started on other news sites and were then re-reported here may have been premature at best. 

never announced it, and in conversations I had with some folk who might know, I was never able to get confirmation, just more rumor.

I prefer Wrestling Observer for my updates...Dave doesn't report most stuff unless its confirmed.
bravesfan09
According to the 2 independent companies Masters is with they havent heard anything and say he's still with them.

I personally hope WWE has signed him and he debuts as early as tomorrow night laugh.gif
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(bravesfan09 @ Jun 6 2009, 11:02 AM)

Masters who signed his contract a few weeks back finally made his TV return at RAW last night going to a double countout with MVP.
Stlouisrams1600
I watched WWE for this first time in so long and it was actually kind of entertaining. Still as much drama as there was before. rolleyes.gif
pwolantern
Was it just me or Masters look a lot smaller than he was before?
jaderock
What an unimpressive return. He also pegged MVP as a midcard guy with limited upward mobility.
hobbyfan
QUOTE(rtsjr @ Jun 4 2009, 01:20 PM)
was  at  that  ppv    was  great

It was actually in '06. I was there, also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.