Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: What is your avg for getting something back
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
runner05
I'm new here, and just heard about the NPN offers. So I sent some out over the weekend, and was curious what everyone's average was for actually receiving cards.

dd316
Topps seems to be the best. For every one that had a limit of 1 entry I've received something back. Some of their non-sports products allow up to 8, I may get 3-4 of those back.

Donruss has been pretty good too, I get back something for almost every one of those too.
bufbillsstlcards
I sent out five a few months ago, some to Topps, Some UD, and have gotten nothing back. Yet.
northicehero99
Breakdown:

Topps usually get something for almost everything sent in 75-90% (Limit 1 entry)

Donruss/Leaf/Playoff usually get something for almost everything sent in again 75-90% (Limit 2 entries)

Upper Deck I have hit on more hockey than any other sport. I average 2-4 letters sent and the return ratio is probably 10-30% but when you win you get a GU or auto (Unlimited entries)

Press Pass I only started doing these last year but I am batting 0% as I have not gotten anything.

On Topps and DLP I am saying a low of 75% because there have been some items I have not received anything on but it is so rare I do not remember them.
aceecards
Im horrible since i only waste stamps for high end stuff.. Im like 2 /40...

well below the mendoza line...
cbware88
I'm ZERO for ZERO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well; at least I'm consistent! laugh.gif
dd316
QUOTE(aceecards @ Aug 21 2006, 12:37 PM)
Im horrible since i only waste stamps for high end stuff.. Im like 2 /40...

well below the mendoza line...

Really? Even with Topps?
runner05
Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping for at least 50% and it looks like that might be low according some of you. Great! I can't wait to get something back.
jonnyweb69
QUOTE(runner05 @ Aug 21 2006, 02:15 PM)
Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping for at least 50% and it looks like that might be low according some of you.  Great!  I can't wait to get something back.

donruss has been best for me, i'd say it's 6 or 7 out of 10

Upper Deck i have only gotten one thing from them, but it was a nice card (i think it was $40)

Topps I have gotten a few back, but for me the Donruss products have brought me the most returns.

acampione
I've gotten nothing back hockey wise..
northicehero99
QUOTE(runner05 @ Aug 21 2006, 02:15 PM)
Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping for at least 50% and it looks like that might be low according some of you.  Great!  I can't wait to get something back.

Hey, even if you get one out of ten it is still the excitement of not knowing what is in the package that makes it fun. Could be a comic strip from Bazooka or it could be a GU bat you never know. So might as well try. Worst case your out $0.39 which adds up when you do a lot of these. One other suggestion is pick better products like Topps Finest, or Pristine. Usually the NPN returns on those are better. Worst case a refractor or rookie, best case a GU or auto.
ITG Franchises Man
2/4 so far
nerk01
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Aug 21 2006, 11:18 AM)
Breakdown:

Topps usually get something for almost everything sent in 75-90% (Limit 1 entry)

Donruss/Leaf/Playoff usually get something for almost everything sent in again 75-90% (Limit 2 entries)

Upper Deck I have hit on more hockey than any other sport.  I average 2-4 letters sent and the return ratio is probably 10-30% but when you win you get a GU or auto (Unlimited entries)

Press Pass I only started doing these last year but I am batting 0% as I have not gotten anything.

On Topps and DLP I am saying a low of 75% because there have been some items I have not received anything on but it is so rare I do not remember them.

I'm not aware of any 1 or 2 entry limits, what products have those limits?

Most of the rules I've seen are one per datestamp, so to refine these numbers that people are reporting; How many entries per product do people usually do?
dd316
QUOTE(nerk01 @ Aug 21 2006, 06:55 PM)

Most of the rules I've seen are one per datestamp, so to refine these numbers that people are reporting; How many entries per product do people usually do?

Just about every Topps sports product has a limit of 1. Of course you can still do 1 for Hobby, 1 for Retail, 1 for Jumbo... wink.gif (they'll have different PO boxes)

Donruss is normally limit 2.
northicehero99
QUOTE(dd316 @ Aug 22 2006, 08:02 AM)
Just about every Topps sports product has a limit of 1. Of course you can still do 1 for Hobby, 1 for Retail, 1 for Jumbo... wink.gif (they'll have different PO boxes)

Donruss is normally limit 2.

Fine print on Topps says 1 per household per product or your entry will be disqualified (meaning you should only send for Hobby or Retail or Jumbo, but not more than one). However, I have sent to several and not been disqualified that I have realized it yet.
northicehero99
QUOTE(nerk01 @ Aug 21 2006, 05:55 PM)

Topps (all sportscards) are limited to 1 entry per household.
DLP are all limited to 2 entries per household mailed seperately.

This is all written in the fine print on the packs and boxes under the NPN section.

UD is the only one that allows more than 2 entries but they must be sent seperately. On UD I was sending between 2-4 but recently I have only been getting one item back when I win and I would say I get something maybe 1 in 5 products or more, so I am going to stick to 2 entries max. I sent in on most of the UD 2005 football products but the only one I remember getting something from was Reflections and there might have been one other. As for Hockey I sent in on all of them. I got something from Hot Prospects, Powerplay, SPx and I think one other one. So about 4 out of 12 products sent in on was the ratio and if you break it down to envelopes, probably 4 in 36 or 1 in every 9 mailings I won something. Wow, I just realized my ratio with UD really bites. mad.gif
dd316
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Aug 22 2006, 12:37 PM)
Fine print on Topps says 1 per household per product or your entry will be disqualified (meaning you should only send for Hobby or Retail or Jumbo, but not more than one).  However, I have sent to several and not been disqualified that I have realized it yet.

Maybe they recognize Hobby and Retail as separate products?
yangsterksi
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Aug 22 2006, 09:47 AM)
Topps (all sportscards) are limited to 1 entry per household.
DLP are all limited to 2 entries per household mailed seperately. 

This is all written in the fine print on the packs and boxes under the NPN section.

UD is the only one that allows more than 2 entries but they must be sent seperately.  On UD I was sending between 2-4 but recently I have only been getting one item back when I win and I would say I get something maybe 1 in 5 products or more, so I am going to stick to 2 entries max.  I sent in on most of the UD 2005 football products but the only one I remember getting something from was Reflections and there might have been one other.  As for Hockey I sent in on all of them.  I got something from Hot Prospects, Powerplay, SPx and I think one other one.  So about 4 out of 12 products sent in on was the ratio and if you break it down to envelopes, probably 4 in 36 or 1 in every 9 mailings I won something.  Wow, I just realized my ratio with UD really bites.  mad.gif

haha your win ratio is still better then the pull ratio from a box of spa laugh.gif laugh.gif
northicehero99
QUOTE(yangsterksi @ Aug 22 2006, 11:43 PM)
haha your win ratio is still better then the pull ratio from a box of spa  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Good point remind me that before I spend $90 on a box this year. laugh.gif
jcharles2
QUOTE(dd316 @ Aug 22 2006, 12:06 PM)
Maybe they recognize Hobby and Retail as separate products?

I certainly consider hobby vs. retail as separate products. For example, retail Score FB (Wal-Mart) has special green bordered cards not available in hobby boxes. I'm not sure of specific examples of differences in Topps retail vs. hobby. Anybody know of any?
northicehero99
QUOTE(jcharles2 @ Aug 24 2006, 06:42 AM)
I certainly consider hobby vs. retail as separate products. For example, retail Score FB (Wal-Mart) has special green bordered cards not available in hobby boxes. I'm not sure of specific examples of differences in Topps retail vs. hobby. Anybody know of any?

Topps has differences. The Jumbos had one insert (Hobby Master), the regular hobby packs another (OTGs), and the retail probably has another insert. I know the rack packs contain 3 vintage which is the only difference there. As for the base cards they are still all the same.
jcharles2
And my hit rates so far for different products:
Topps: 70%-80%
DLP: 20%-30%
Press Pass: 10%-20%
UD: 4% (2/50 but they were nice!)
jcharles2
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Aug 24 2006, 06:46 AM)
Topps has differences.  The Jumbos had one insert (Hobby Master), the regular hobby packs another (OTGs), and the retail probably has another insert.  I know the rack packs contain 3 vintage which is the only difference there.  As for the base cards they are still all the same.

Thanks for the reply, Northicehero99. I bet there are many other examples, too. And, frankly, who would ever choose retail over hobby when given the choice, anyway? So they are obviously not the same products.
MetsFan86
I just sent out my first 4. A&G, Score Football, Topps Football and Topps Chrome Football. Hopefully ill get something back in the next few months!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.