Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Playoff Prestige
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
Solid133
Well the first real product of 2009 football has come out in Playoff Prestige and I for one am not to impressed. Compared to Prestige of years past this product offers more base cards, less multi-colored patches, and more fluff. The gloss from the Xtra Points insert set is gone and overall the product seems extremely dull. There is little to no excitement in this product unless you hit the elusive Matthew Stafford Logo Patch Auto. I've seen so many of the same hits with the occasional Patch/Auto and many of the low-numbered patches are a fascinating 1 color. Overall for Panini's first product I would give it a C at best. I would like to know what other people's opinions on this product are.
northicehero99
Interesting review thanks. Have not seen it hope to get some this weekend. Will post my thoughts then.
faulkrules
08 Prestige was LOADED...it will be hard to top that.
Solid133
QUOTE(faulkrules @ May 15 2009, 10:06 AM)
08 Prestige was LOADED...it will be hard to top that.

It's not even about it not being loaded. But when you sit and open 24 packs and its RC and insert #500-#1000 every single pack and then you hit the wonderful base jsy's it just doesn't have any fun factor compared to most of last years products like Leaf Limited(even though it was watered down), Classics, Elite, etc..
dielonthug
QUOTE(Solid133 @ May 15 2009, 10:41 AM)
It's not even about it not being loaded. But when you sit and open 24 packs and its RC and insert #500-#1000 every single pack and then you hit the wonderful base jsy's it just doesn't have any fun factor compared to most of last years products like Leaf Limited(even though it was watered down), Classics, Elite, etc..

I really dont like the look of alot of the hits either I must say. The autos and jerseys are lost the very dark foil board on alot of them. Idk, the design of the cards in general isnt at all very good. I have yet to see a nice patch yet.
urbanmonk
I think we may have to wait and see on later product as we don't know if this was done before they took over or if it was rushed due to them recently taking over the company. I'm not sure how far in advace the designs and formats are determined on sets. That being said I haven't seen any of this firsthand as of yet.
avalanche
i agre w/ urban monk as some products occasionly do when it is new or like this a new company they rush to get it out or when they see that not many people like i they may change it this is the first panini product of this year and i am liking the 09 donruss classics lets see what they do to gridiron gear and stuff but i would give it a B- at best
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.