Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Personal Milestones and Announcements
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Everything Else
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
sasports
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I like to think that everyone here on TCC is like a huge family. And its important for families to share their happiness, their sadness, and everything in between. This thread is going to be dedicated to just that. Building a stronger bond between the family members of TCC!

Post up anything that you would like to share.

If you have a new addition to the family baby.gif , please share so that everyone can congratulate you (and by all means feel free to post pics of the new bundle of joy!).

Just married wub.gif , let us know! We would all love to pat you on the back. Plus your family is our extended family! Give everyone else a chance to welcome them in!

Recent death in the family sadwalk.gif allow us to give our condolences and share our experiences with you to help you through your hard time.

Whatever it is that you would like to share, this is the place to do it.

If you have any questions as to whether or not your announcement is appropriate to share, please PM me first.
jwman92
Great Idea, and can't wait to add my own personal milestones!
Stlouisrams1600
Well, last Tuesday my Grandmother got hit by a car and passed away. sad.gif
sasports
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ May 3 2009, 07:47 PM)
Well, last Tuesday my Grandmother got hit by a car and passed away. sad.gif

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope your family is coping well.

My grandmother passed away from last year during my tour in Iraq. I know how hard and taxing it can be on a person.
ffman
Nothing huge but I did get a $.40 raise at work!!
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(ffman @ May 3 2009, 06:51 PM)

Here at TCC? unsure.gif

Bob doubled my wages from last year... wink.gif
sasports
QUOTE(ffman @ May 3 2009, 07:51 PM)

.40 raise is huge! Minimum wage here in Kansas is 2.35 /hour! laugh.gif
ffman
Well....my past TCC wages were $.40 so mine doubled too. sadwalk.gif

That's the good thing about eval time at Wally World!

QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ May 3 2009, 07:53 PM)
Here at TCC?  unsure.gif
Bob doubled my wages from last year...  wink.gif

jwman92
QUOTE(sasports @ May 3 2009, 09:56 PM)
.40 raise is huge!  Minimum wage here in Kansas is 2.35 /hour!  laugh.gif

I'm hoping that this:
laugh.gif
means sarcasm!

I got paid almost 4 times that at my summer job, and I'm 16!
phatman68
well i took my act about a month ago and in the mail this week was my score-a 29!!!!!
jwman92
QUOTE(phatman68 @ May 3 2009, 10:18 PM)
well i took my act about a month ago and in the mail this week was my score-a 29!!!!!

Thats a very good score!
ffman
That's pretty darn good!

I had a 30 after I thought I did horrible.

QUOTE(phatman68 @ May 3 2009, 08:18 PM)

sasports
QUOTE(jwman92 @ May 3 2009, 07:57 PM)
I'm hoping that this:
laugh.gif
means sarcasm!

I got paid almost 4 times that at my summer job, and I'm 16!

no sarcasm! Luckily Federal Minimum wage laws overule KS but i still only get 5.15 an hour right now
phatman68
im hopin it gets me into illinois or michigan for sports management-my gpa isnt good enough for northwestern sad.gif
sasports
QUOTE(phatman68 @ May 3 2009, 08:18 PM)

WOW! Congratulations! That ought to get you into a really nice college!
phatman68
dangg 5.15? i made double that last year as a 16 year old too!-thats crazy i mean i made more than all my friends but illinois minimum wage is like 7.75
phatman68
thanks guys
sasports
QUOTE(phatman68 @ May 3 2009, 08:27 PM)
dangg 5.15? i made double that last year as a 16 year old too!-thats crazy i mean i made more than all my friends but illinois minimum wage is like 7.75

yeah it doesnt sound great but i also make about 50 bucks a night in tips. so it evens out
phatman68
ya that pretty much evens it out then
sasports
Good morning TCC!

Its a new day and that mean new milestones are happening right now!

Just wanted to share one of my own! My son (will be 3 June 1st) hasnt worn a diaper in 1 Week now! biggrin.gif
sasports
Good afternoon TCC!

How is everyone doing? Any news you would like to share today?
pavi39
QUOTE(sasports @ May 4 2009, 07:59 AM)

Just wanted to share one of my own!  My son (will be 3 June 1st) hasnt worn a diaper in 1 Week now!  biggrin.gif

Congrats on the milestone.

I remember how happy I was when the last of my 3 boys stopped wearing diapers about 4 months ago.
sasports
Not only am I proud but loving the extra $$$$ that i am saving on those darn things!
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(phatman68 @ May 3 2009, 10:18 PM)

wow thats great. i got a 28 on mine, where you looking for schools?
broscards
Congrats to all on their potty training success and ACT scores!!

Kmart6nets
I got a promotion and a raise at work about a week and a half ago! smile.gif
sasports
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ May 6 2009, 04:10 AM)
I got a promotion and a raise at work about a week and a half ago! smile.gif

Sweet! Congratulations!
phatman68
QUOTE(2000 rushing yards @ May 5 2009, 07:13 PM)
wow thats great. i got a 28 on mine, where you looking for schools?

looking at illinois for sports management and maybe michigan since they have the best s.m. in the nation, was hopin northwestern but my grades arent good enough and a local NAIA has a nice sports management program so i dunno one of those 4 prolly-how bout you?
poodlum
i got a 100000000000000000000000 times raise as i was making 0 and am currently making 0 still a raise of epic proportions nevertheless.
ffman
I got a 102.9 on an Accounting exam I thought I didn't do too good on!

sasports
Sweet!

I am glad to see members starting to utilize this thread! I would like to see more people get active as we all try to bond a little more!
RGBII
Shawn,

Can you please, pat you son, Shawn on the back for me?

Tell "Little Skin" that Richard said hello and tell the wife
that the goods are on the way! Tell her Mosel rocks and the Rhine
is passe.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
broscards
QUOTE(ffman @ May 6 2009, 07:06 PM)
I got a 102.9 on an Accounting exam I thought I didn't do too good on!

Out of how many?? laugh.gif
Ilovetheheat
I dropped out of my BA program for a few reasons last year.
I took out another loan and went back to school.... But this time a trade school.

I took my ASE (Mechanic) certification on the 7th. Im confident I passed. If I get the Master ASE certification I can literally demand $30+ a hour at any job I apply for.

I plan on going back to college next year and buying house within five years. Somewhere in there I'll get married to my girlfriend. We've been together for a little over 7 years.

-Jeremy
sasports
Good luck with all of your plans! I hope everything works out for you!
2000 rushing yards
wow 7 years Jeremy? thats great
Kmart6nets
Seven years?? Wow, I'm closing in on one with mine tongue.gif
heatersgirl
I've finally decided that I'm going back to school in Sept 2010 to get more education into me while I can still learn some new tricks tongue.gif
sasports
How is everyone doing today? Havent seen any new posts recently and just wanted to make sure eveyone is still kicking! tongue.gif
ffman
100!

Actually there were 103.5 (?) possible points but only 100 were counted.

More good news:

As of now I have an A in 4 of my 5 classes - just waiting on the grade to be uploaded on the other!

QUOTE(broscards @ May 9 2009, 03:16 PM)
Out of how many?? laugh.gif

metsfan2427
I got a 96 on my History Final Last week.
ffman
Nice job! History tests can be rough depending on the class, teacher, and test format..

QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ May 14 2009, 11:57 AM)
I got a 96 on my History Final Last week.

mvpujols#5
Well as alot of you know from my topic, my sister had a baby! So i am an uncle!
mvpujols#5
Also, i juyst ate a whole bag of bugels!
philliesfan1980
On Tuesday I turned 16 and get my permit for driving soon!
captkirk42
Congrats on being an Uncle. So I guess it's a boy otherwise you'd be an Aunt laugh.gif Seriously Congratulations.

QUOTE(mvpujols#5 @ May 14 2009, 02:29 PM)
Also, i juyst ate a whole bag of bugels!

I'm assuming that you "played" at least half of them before consuming them. I think it's a law you have to "do-da-do" into at least $15-20%/ounce.
rangerfan
Well nothing to big but our lil league team won there last two games after dropping three in a row so were excited again hoping to win tomorrow got a big game against the team in 1st if we beat them we take over first yea!!!!!!! "Go RedSox"
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(rangerfan @ May 15 2009, 09:36 AM)
Well nothing to big but our lil league team won there last two games after dropping three in a row so were excited again hoping to win tomorrow got a big game against the team in 1st if we beat them we take over first yea!!!!!!! "Go RedSox"

Good luck! smile.gif
sasports
Great stuff everyone! I am glad to see some new posts here. Congrats to everyone and good luck on the ball game!
sasports
QUOTE(philliesfan1980 @ May 14 2009, 10:36 PM)
On Tuesday I turned 16 and get my permit for driving soon!

So where do you live? That way we can send out a public alert! LOL Just kidding! Congrats!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.