Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Data: TCC Experiences Continued Growth
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
I just wanted to take a moment to share end-of-year results with each of you...

Here is 2008 data for the overall site:

1,264,011 visits (+14.71% from 2007)
18,988,469 pageviews (+17.26% from 2007)

Here is 2008 data for the Collector Zone:

756,435 posts (+13.58% from 2007)
12,562 completed transactions (+45.78% from 2007)

As you can see, the overall site and the Collector Zone continued to experience significant increases in activity compared to the previous year!

Throughout 2008, TCC proved that it's possible to provide a site that is informative and fun as well as a site that makes it easy for collectors to buy, sell and trade - all within an environment that seeks to bring out the best in each of us!

Of course, this is all true because of many, many collectors. So...

Thanks to each and every one of you that have chosen to join the Collector Zone! Each of you help to make TCC an amazing site!

Thanks also to the men and women who volunteer their time to help as members of the TCC Team!

-Bob

P.S. Feel free to dig into various statistics about the site by clicking here. As you'll see, the bar was set fairly high in 2008. So, with almost 1/3 of 2009 behind us already, let's get busy!
chopinalex
wow i joined at one of the big points in the life of TCC jan. 06!
sahetu
Wow, TCC is rockin' punk.gif
chopinalex
I have to sing to dedicate this moment on TCC

I know your eyes in the morning sun
I feel you touch me in the pouring rain
And the moment that you wander far from me
I wanna feel you in my arms again

And you come to me on a summer breeze
Keep me warm in your love and then softly leave
And its me you need to show

Chorus:
How deep is your love
sgmco
pile.gif
To INFINITY and BEYOND
Stlouisrams1600
Wow, way to go TCC!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif
jwman92
Lets do it, and keep the party going!
sasports
Sweet Googglly Moogglly! TCC ROCKS
dd316
flex.gif
athopesend
wow, that's super-dee-duper-dee. here's to 2009 pepsi.gif
broscards
Bob, is there anyway to locate the 2,000,000th Post??

We clicked over sometime this month..
bob_TCC
QUOTE(broscards @ Apr 29 2009, 10:51 PM)
Bob, is there anyway to locate the 2,000,000th Post??

We clicked over sometime this month..

I could probably determine that at some point. I know about when it happened - just not sure of the exact post that was made at that moment.

-Bob
Ilovetheheat
QUOTE(sgmco @ Apr 27 2009, 06:25 PM)
To INFINITY and BEYOND

user posted image
mjda
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 29 2009, 09:55 PM)
I could probably determine that at some point.  I know about when it happened - just not sure of the exact post that was made at that moment.

-Bob

After a bit of research I've determined that the post was most likely made on April 14, 2009 sometime before 1pm CST.

After more looking around I've come to the conclusion that I was off by a day. wink.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 29 2009, 11:18 PM)
After a bit of research I've determined that the post was most likely made on April 14, 2009 sometime before 1pm CST.

Actually, I believe it was made shortly before this topic was posted.

-Bob
mjda
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 29 2009, 10:24 PM)
Actually, I believe it was made shortly before this topic was posted.

-Bob

The first post in that topic is post #2013935. wink.gif It was made some time before that. It's around the 14th, 15th. I'm trying to get closer now. I found a post that was made just 80 posts prior to 2,000,000, and it was on Apr 15th.
mjda
Here is a link to post #2,000,003. It's the closest I've found so far. The date shows as Apr 15 2009, 10:27 PM CST.

http://www.tradingcardcentral.com/forums/i...dpost&p=2000003
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 29 2009, 11:25 PM)
The first post in that topic is post #2013935. wink.gif It was made some time before that. It's around the 14th, 15th. I'm trying to get closer now. I found a post that was made just 80 posts prior to 2,000,000, and it was on Apr 15th.

You're not accounting for deleted posts in your approach. Otherwise, we could just do this...

CODE

[post=2000000]Here it is![/post]

Resulting in this...

Here it is!

From my experience with determining the 1,000,000th post, I know that it's somewhat difficult. However, it can be done. wink.gif

-Bob
mjda
Ahh, ok. I just figured you were looking for #2000000. I also didn't know you could use the "post" tags.

A whole 15 minutes of research...wasted! laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 29 2009, 11:32 PM)
I also didn't know you could use the "post" tags.

Yes, that's a nice little BB code! There's one for topics as well.

CODE

[topic=xxxx]Here it is![/topic]

-Bob
mjda
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 29 2009, 10:34 PM)
Yes, that's a nice little BB code!  There's one for topics as well.

CODE

[topic=xxxx]Here it is![/topic]

-Bob

That's good to know. Never know when something like that might come in handy.
mjda
A quick question though, couldn't you determine the 2,000,000th post very easily with a quick SQL call? I'm not sure how this software works, but I'm thinking this is how you might could do it.

"select pid from table limit 1,1999999"
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 29 2009, 11:38 PM)
A quick question though, couldn't you determine the 2,000,000th post very easily with a quick SQL call? I'm not sure how this software works, but I'm thinking this is how you might could do it.

"select pid from table limit 1,1999999"

The approach uses a query similar to that one. However, I have to be careful about when it's run. If I recall, that simple query really bogged down the database.

-Bob
bob_TCC
<--- Apologizes about the technical "geek" chat to all of those that aren't interested. laugh.gif

-Bob
urbanmonk
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 29 2009, 08:47 PM)
<--- Apologizes about the technical "geek" chat to all of those that aren't interested.  laugh.gif

-Bob

That loud *whoosh* sound you heard was all that going right over my head wink.gif
Gforce083
Whats the difference between a visit and a page view?
mjda
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Apr 30 2009, 12:43 AM)
Whats the difference between a visit and a page view?

Visits are counted when you actually come to a site and counts your total time spent on the site during that particular "session". Page views are the number of times you refresh/view a page on the site. Each person probably views several pages per visit.

Actually, according to this data, the average person views about 15 pages per visit.
broscards
using that postxxx coding I found post 107 lol... so far thats the oldest one I can locate.. what happened to post #1?
mjda
QUOTE(broscards @ Apr 30 2009, 12:37 PM)
using that postxxx coding I found post 107 lol... so far thats the oldest one I can locate.. what happened to post #1?

Did you already try every post between 0 and 107? If not, feel free to give me a range and I'll help you out. If so, you must be just as bored as I am!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(broscards @ Apr 30 2009, 01:37 PM)

QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 30 2009, 01:39 PM)
Did you already try every post between 0 and 107? If not, feel free to give me a range and I'll help you out. If so, you must be just as bored as I am!

Many/most of the first posts were made in a private forum related to the OpenChecklist.com project. I'll see if I can quickly determine the first "public" post.

-Bob
mjda
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 30 2009, 12:52 PM)
Many/most of the first posts were made in a private forum related to the OpenChecklist.com project.  I'll see if I can quickly determine the first "public" post.

-Bob

I just started at 1 and I'm currently at 78 checking each 1 by 1. Haven't found any working ones yet, but it may also be because I don't have permission to view those posts.

EDIT: I just finished checking all the posts from 1 to 106, as I'm now sure broscards probably did too, and found nothing.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 30 2009, 01:55 PM)
I just started at 1 and I'm currently at 78 checking each 1 by 1. Haven't found any working ones yet, but it may also be because I don't have permission to view those posts.

EDIT: I just finished checking all the posts from 1 to 106, as I'm now sure broscards probably did too, and found nothing.

Based on a query of the database, post #107 is indeed the first post in a public forum. wink.gif

-Bob
mjda
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 30 2009, 12:59 PM)
Based on a query of the database, post #107 is indeed the first post in a public forum.  wink.gif

-Bob

Does this mean Bob gets a prize now for having the first post on the forum? tongue.gif

Also, Bob, any luck determining which post was the 2,000,000th post on the forum? Now might be a pretty good time to check as it doesn't appear the boards are as busy as they are at other times of the day.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 30 2009, 01:39 PM)
If so, you must be just as bored as I am!

Shouldn't you be programming a state-of-the-art drafting system for group box breaks? tongue.gif smile.gif

-Bob
mjda
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 30 2009, 01:01 PM)
Shouldn't you be programming a state-of-the-art drafting system for group box breaks?   tongue.gif  smile.gif

-Bob

I can't do anything like that while I'm at work. sad.gif I don't have access to my server or any ftp/ssh software loaded here.

PS: I can't guarantee how "state of the art" it's going to be anyways, but it'll work...I hope?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 30 2009, 02:01 PM)
Also, Bob, any luck determining which post was the 2,000,000th post on the forum?

Give me a few minutes... Just need to verify the query (think the LIMIT statement is opposite of what you posted) as well as whether LIMIT is based on 0 or 1. wink.gif

-Bob
mjda
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 30 2009, 01:10 PM)
Give me a few minutes...  Just need to verify the query (think the LIMIT statement is opposite of what you posted) as well as whether LIMIT is based on 0 or 1.  wink.gif

-Bob

Actually, I think you could be right about me having the numbers reversed. I wasn't really thinking when I typed that out. It was meant more as a "something like this" query vs one you should actually use. However, I am pretty sure that the limit uses a 0 as the first post.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(mjda @ Apr 30 2009, 02:12 PM)
Actually, I think you could be right about me having the numbers reversed. I wasn't really thinking when I typed that out. It was meant more as a "something like this" query vs one you should actually use. However, I am pretty sure that the limit uses a 0 as the first post.

Understood. The LIMIT statement should be LIMIT 1999999,1 which returns the 2,000,000th row. That corresponds to...

Post #2013924 (Collector Zone team members click here) - Tarasadie17

That post was actually made in the sub-forum for the Collector Zone team though. So, let's look at the posts right before and right after that post...

Click here for right before - Hallsgator

Click here for right after - shuecarsmake2

-Bob
Kmart6nets
Very cool... except for the posts leading up to the actual 2 millionth post announcement eek.gif
broscards
Actually I tried to find post 1, then post 25, then post 50, then post 100, then post 200... and I found that, then I went to Mr. Presidents profile, looked up his posts, went to the last page, noticed his "first" post was post #107, and just assumed that was the oldest post - but mjda gets the award for persistence! biggrin.gif
mjda
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 30 2009, 01:19 PM)
Understood.  The LIMIT statement should be LIMIT 1999999,1 which returns the 2,000,000th row.  That corresponds to...

Post #2013924 (Collector Zone team members click here) - Tarasadie17

That post was actually made in the sub-forum for the Collector Zone team though.  So, let's look at the posts right before and right after that post...

Click here for right before - Hallsgator

Click here for right after - shuecarsmake2

-Bob

Thanks for doing that research Bob. It's always neat to see things like this, at least for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.