Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Weekly TCC Chat Night
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
bob_TCC
Please join us in the Chat area for our weekly TCC Chat Night every Monday starting at 8:00 PM EST.

Please note the new day and time based on your feedback. wink.gif

When you join the room, please use your Collector Zone member name as the chatroom User Name.

-Bob
aceecards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 5 2005, 12:56 PM)
Please join us in the Chat area for our weekly TCC Chat Night every Thursday starting at 9:00 PM EST.

Please note the new day and time based on your feedback.   wink.gif

When you join the room, please use your Collector Zone member name as the chatroom User Name.

-Bob

Cool I will try to be there but it depends on the PTA meeting when I will finally join in...
aceecards
QUOTE(aceecards @ Oct 5 2005, 02:01 PM)
Cool I will try to be there but it depends on the PTA meeting when I will finally join in...

I guess were not chatting tonite
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Oct 6 2005, 09:31 PM)
I guess were not chatting tonite

Well, I wasn't able to be around much yesterday between work and a wife that is sick. I ended up having to pick up my three-year-old son from the in-laws on the way home from work and then it was pretty much time to start the bedtime routine.

We'll try again next week. wink.gif

-Bob
aceecards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 7 2005, 11:17 AM)
Well, I wasn't able to be around much yesterday between work and a wife that is sick.  I ended up having to pick up my three-year-old son from the in-laws on the way home from work and then it was pretty much time to start the bedtime routine.

We'll try again next week.   wink.gif

-Bob

I was so ready to I had a couple things i wanted to get asked...

Is the list of users at bottom of main forum page all really on. There were like 14 users signed in last night...?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Oct 7 2005, 03:26 PM)
Is the list of users at bottom of main forum page all really on. There were like 14 users signed in last night...?

The list shows all members that have been active in the last 60-minute period. That doesn't mean that they actually are on the site at that very moment though. The list is in the order of most recent activity though. wink.gif

-Bob
gglwebster
I was on for an hour before the chat and am in the chat, by myself, quite a bit. I had to go to work but I was hoping somebody would show up early... Is there any way we could get another chat time going? Or have people just load the chat? I'd love to get some trades going and hate posting. I'd much rather do it in a chat or over a messenger....
bob_TCC
QUOTE(gglwebster @ Oct 7 2005, 08:23 PM)
Is there any way we could get another chat time going?  Or have people just load the chat?  I'd love to get some trades going and hate posting.  I'd much rather do it in a chat or over a messenger....

Feel free to use the chat at any time. It's always there. wink.gif

We are looking to have it be more tightly integrated before the end of the year and that will likely increase its use.

-Bob
KHarmon
I realize that the chat thing was sorta my idea...or at least having it on a set night. But with the change of jobs came a change of schedule and I've managed to miss every one!!!! I appologize for this of course....but should I get the opportunity I have every intention of joining in on the chats. It will be nice to "talk" to you guys in real time instead of through the posts.
bob_TCC
Just a reminder to stop by the Chat area if you are available around 9:00 PM EST tonight. wink.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
Thanks to those that stopped by tonight. It's always good to get to know each of you a little better. wink.gif

-Bob
snowblink
Only 3 of us there this past Thurs, no trades, but decent chat, emptied out a couple minutes before CSI came on.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Oct 22 2005, 10:20 AM)
Only 3 of us there this past Thurs, no trades, but decent chat, emptied out a couple minutes before CSI came on.

Glad to hear that several of you made it. wink.gif

-Bob
supafreak989
I'm having trouble with the whole chat system. When I try to sign in by clicking on the link to the left of the page, my connections end up being bad for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?
snowblink
QUOTE(supafreak989 @ Oct 22 2005, 02:19 PM)
I'm having trouble with the whole chat system.  When I try to sign in by clicking on the link to the left of the page, my connections end up being bad for some reason.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?

I had some trouble with this kind of thing too when I first started using the site. I'd get logged out for no apparent reason when clicking links...
Some ideas:
Check your cookie handling (privacy settings) and make sure to allow cookies for the TCC site.
Experiment with a different web browser.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(supafreak989 @ Oct 22 2005, 04:19 PM)
I'm having trouble with the whole chat system.  When I try to sign in by clicking on the link to the left of the page, my connections end up being bad for some reason.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?

Click here for help and a user's guide for the chat software. You may just need to upgrade your browser to support the software. wink.gif

If you still don't have any luck getting it to load, let me know.

-Bob
bob_TCC
Just a reminder to stop by the Chat area if you are available around 9:00 PM EST tonight. wink.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
Anyone planning to stop by the Chat area tonight around 9 PM EST?

-Bob
aceecards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Nov 3 2005, 04:33 PM)
Anyone planning to stop by the Chat area tonight around 9 PM EST?

-Bob

if I am done with PTA by then I will be there.. If not Ill be late or square...
bob_TCC
Well, Bondsaway and I had a nice chat until the chat software let us know that it was time to take a break. wink.gif

-Bob
aceecards
well Im sorry I didnt quite get there in time.

9:30pm b4 pta meeting ended. Its only supposed to take an hour. But get a room full of estrogen and it becomes all night gripe session.

I was the only testosterone laced person there...

I was done with the treasurers report by 7:20 and had to sit there listening for another 2 plus hours...

I will not even begin to point out details of this conversation for fear they might have spies tongue.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 4 2005, 09:04 AM)
well Im sorry I didnt quite get there in time.

There's always next week. wink.gif

-Bob
Bondsaway
I wondered what happened, thought maybe my computer started having problems. Well now that I know you have to get right to things I'll make sure if I use the chatroom for a giveaway I won't keep people waiting.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 4 2005, 06:59 PM)
I wondered what happened, thought maybe my computer started having problems.

I'm not actually sure what happened, but I was able to get right back in a minute or so later. That happens sometimes with chat software.

-Bob
Bondsaway
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Nov 5 2005, 07:13 AM)
I was able to get right back in a minute or so later.  That happens sometimes with chat software.

-Bob

I tried but it would not open the room again. But I only tried once, I was confused.
Bondsaway
Just want everyone to remember tomorrow is thursday night and the chatroom will be open! If enough people show I may throw some goodies to some lucky people! Now I just have to remember to be there! biggrin.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 9 2005, 07:04 PM)
If enough people show I may throw some goodies to some lucky people!

Cool. cool.gif

Looks like I'll have to show up now. tongue.gif laugh.gif

-Bob
Bondsaway
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Nov 9 2005, 08:23 PM)
Cool.   cool.gif

Looks like I'll have to show up now.   tongue.gif  laugh.gif

-Bob

I never said steelers? Bob maybe think up some contest questions?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 9 2005, 09:29 PM)
Bob maybe think up some contest questions?

I can do that. wink.gif

-Bob
Bondsaway
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Nov 9 2005, 08:43 PM)
I can do that.   wink.gif

-Bob

Great maybe we can get 10 members squeezed into that phone booth now!
CBiggio
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 9 2005, 08:53 PM)
Great maybe we can get 10 members squeezed into that phone booth now!

i will try to be there ..if i remember??
bob_TCC
Just a reminder to stop by the Chat area tonight around 9 PM EST.

-Bob
aceecards
If I get out of the city council meeting I will be there. The last one went to 11:07pm CST.. starts at 7:00pm...

Keep your fingers crossed...
Bondsaway
well if we can get 10 members tonight I've pulled these cards for a giveaway.

Football- Ben Troupe rookie card bowmans best w/jersey
basketball- Steve Francis UD game floor and film
baseball- Vladimi Guerrero pack wars bat
Non sports- star wars ROTS bonus card B3 (clone trooper)
golf- Ian Baker-Finch tour swatch shirt

Not sure How they will be won, but then neither do you?!
See you tonight at 9pm est
Bondsaway
Another slow night in the chatroom. So no one won any goodies! CBiggio missed his question, so keep watching for another night!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 10 2005, 10:13 PM)
Another slow night in the chatroom.

Yes, I'm still alive! biggrin.gif

I had to jump out about halfway through to read books to my three-year-old son which turned into many, many books and then everyone (including me) asleep. laugh.gif

-Bob
aceecards
Another long night for me in the Maryland Height City Council Meeting for Greenways and Trails...

Oy
Bondsaway
Bob have you ever ask everyone what would be the best night for chat night?
I've been to the past 2 and well you know the answer to how many showed. Do you think we might consider and different day or time? rolleyes.gif
CBiggio
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 10 2005, 09:13 PM)
So no one won any goodies! CBiggio missed his question

Why do you have to tell people..come on now...it was a pretty dificult 1...HAHA laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 11 2005, 05:29 PM)
Bob have you ever ask everyone what would be the best night for chat night?

Click here for the previous poll on this topic. wink.gif

-Bob
Bondsaway
QUOTE(CBiggio @ Nov 11 2005, 04:31 PM)
Why do you have to tell people..come on now...it was a pretty dificult 1...HAHA   laugh.gif

Sorry But I heard the Best baseball trivia question last night on ESPN. I never even heard of this rule! Oh the question you missed, it was on my local radio station as trivia and 20 people before me missed the answer. So don't feel bad BTW (bob missed it also!) ssshhhh our little secret.

Second chance question, ready?

What is the ruling if a player throws his glove at a ball inplay?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 11 2005, 05:48 PM)
So don't feel bad BTW (bob missed it also!) ssshhhh our little secret.

Just the 3 of us and our 599 friends (and more)? laugh.gif

-Bob
Bondsaway
I knew Bob would have a cup to the wall listening. Can't get anything past him. Well except for that cherry bomb in the toilet prank! biggrin.gif laugh.gif ohmy.gif
CBiggio
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 11 2005, 04:48 PM)
Sorry But I heard the Best baseball trivia question last night on ESPN. I never even heard of this rule! Oh the question you missed, it was on my local radio station as trivia and 20 people before me missed the answer. So don't feel bad BTW (bob missed it also!) ssshhhh our little secret.

Second chance question, ready?

What is the ruling if a player throws his glove at a ball inplay?

I read this in my baseball digest but cant quite remember... I think the batter gets 2 bases
Bondsaway
QUOTE(CBiggio @ Nov 11 2005, 05:52 PM)
I read this in my baseball digest but cant quite remember... I think the batter gets 2 bases

Close, its an exception to the ground rule double rule! The batter is actually awarded a triple! As it is considered impeding a ball in play! No fielder should throw his fielding glove to alter the path of any ball in the field of play.

Now at least the players haven't tried throwing their gloves at home run balls just to keep the batter from scoring! Though I'm sure theres an amendment for thats as well.

Too bad Canceso read the rule wrong! He tried using his head to impede the balls flight and it went over the fence! laugh.gif
bob_TCC
Just a reminder to stop by tonight around 9 PM EST and take part in our weekly chat. wink.gif

-Bob
aceecards
Maybe tonight.....
CBiggio
QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 17 2005, 04:12 PM)
Maybe tonight.....

i will probably be there
Bondsaway
Ace you say that every week. Well I'll cross my fingers for you. I'll be there as usual I like getting the future dirt of the site and all those free cards Bob gives away! laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bondsaway @ Nov 17 2005, 06:14 PM)
Ace you say that every week. Well I'll cross my fingers for you. I'll be there as usual I like getting the future dirt of the site and all those free cards Bob gives away! laugh.gif

Bondsaway,

aceecards is in Chat. Where are you? tongue.gif laugh.gif

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.