Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Will Clark needs to get more respect
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Hobby Articles
Pages: 1, 2, 3
sahetu
I dunno, there are some rabid Canseco fans...
ffman
Darn, who knows how much the Clark/Pujols dual jersey I traded Ted would have sold for. laugh.gif
dd316
QUOTE(sahetu @ Jun 19 2009, 12:29 PM)

Rabid? I dunno. Strange? Maybe. biggrin.gif
dd316
QUOTE(ffman @ Jun 19 2009, 01:35 PM)
Darn, who knows how much the Clark/Pujols dual jersey I traded Ted would have sold for.  laugh.gif

It's on the 'Bay now, if I can get an internet hookup on my yacht I'll let you know. tongue.gif laugh.gif
kc_royals_fan_5
I never could stand him. Ugh! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(sahetu @ Jun 19 2009, 11:29 AM)

dd316
Got some more incredible sales....

eBay Auction (Item number: 200357363159)

eBay Auction (Item number: 200354950057)

wacko.gif
dd316
Been a while, but some things haven't changed.....

eBay Auction (Item number: 250504956696)

eBay Auction (Item number: 110439232776)
Kmart6nets
ohmy.gif How do you collect this guy? These prices are crazy!
dd316
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 6 2009, 09:22 AM)
ohmy.gif How do you collect this guy? These prices are crazy!

Stealth. tongue.gif

It's really only been crazy like this the past 3-4 years. At one point about 8 years ago a major Clark collector got out of it and I was lucky enough that I got first crack at his collection. I filled in just about every gap I needed up to 1999 for $100. If I were to put up that same lot today I'd get 3x what I paid easy.

Take that, stock market! laugh.gif
Kmart6nets
Do you know why there was such a spike??
dd316
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 6 2009, 09:35 PM)
Do you know why there was such a spike??

I honestly don't. Around a year ago there was a new collector with deep pockets that just started buying up EVERYTHING and payed ridiculous prices, so that could have impacted teh current spike. Haven't seen much action from him in a few months though, guess he did his damage and left. mad.gif
Kmart6nets
Just enough damage to annoy the rest of the Will Clark collectors laugh.gif
dd316
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 7 2009, 09:35 AM)
Just enough damage to annoy the rest of the Will Clark collectors laugh.gif

You got that right! ranting.gif
dd316
$57 for a card #/199? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

eBay Auction (Item number: 200392553456)
Kmart6nets
laugh.gif I love this thread...
dd316
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Oct 20 2009, 01:36 PM)
laugh.gif I love this thread...

I hate it! mad.gif

laugh.gif
dd316
OK, this one is the ultimate ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif.

eBay Auction (Item number: 200395330084)

What's this card book? $8 maybe?
ffman
90s inserts + diehard 90s player collectors = outrageous prices

I believe there's one collector on FCB who collectors Clark and three others; the guy has a massive budget so that could explain part of the high price.
edgerrin32
i feel your pain my friend. i have seen edgerrin cards spiking. cards that book like 20 bucks selling for 30-40 blink.gif . cards that used to sell for 2-3bucks selling for 15-20. then i say man i should sell mine i have 2-3 of them. then i see one sell again for .99 cents laugh.gif
dd316
QUOTE(ffman @ Dec 10 2009, 12:03 PM)
90s inserts + diehard 90s player collectors = outrageous prices

I believe there's one collector on FCB who collectors Clark and three others; the guy has a massive budget so that could explain part of the high price.

FCB? huh.gif
ffman
Freedom Card Board.

The baseball area over there is filled with player collectors of popular 90s guys (Griffey, Ripken, Jeter, Clark, etc).

QUOTE(dd316 @ Dec 10 2009, 10:45 AM)
FCB? huh.gif

dd316
QUOTE(ffman @ Dec 10 2009, 12:51 PM)
Freedom Card Board.

The baseball area over there is filled with player collectors of popular 90s guys (Griffey, Ripken, Jeter, Clark, etc).

Never heard of that site. But I just checked it out.... Ah yes, you're talking about theplasticman. He's got the best Will Clark collection I know of. He hasn't been buying too much lately (at least not on Ebay that I've noticed), but it's probably because he already has everything. biggrin.gif
ffman
I was amazed by the figures he posted regarding how much he has spent across four collections.

I could never justify spending that much, but I guess it's just a drop in the bucket if you have a high-paying job right now.

QUOTE(dd316 @ Dec 10 2009, 11:20 AM)
Never heard of that site. But I just checked it out.... Ah yes, you're talking about theplasticman. He's got the best Will Clark collection I know of. He hasn't been buying too much lately (at least not on Ebay that I've noticed), but it's probably because he already has everything. biggrin.gif

dd316
QUOTE(ffman @ Dec 10 2009, 01:21 PM)
I was amazed by the figures he posted regarding how much he has spent across four collections.

I could never justify spending that much, but I guess it's just a drop in the bucket if you have a high-paying job right now.

Yeah, he's outbid me countless times on stuff. I do have a few Clarks he doesn't though. biggrin.gif But for every one of those, he's got 10 that I don't have. sad.gif
69madman69
QUOTE(dd316 @ Dec 10 2009, 12:02 PM)
Yeah, he's outbid me countless times on stuff. I do have a few Clarks he doesn't though. biggrin.gif But for every one of those, he's got 10 that I don't have. sad.gif

That press proof sale is absolutely insane. The Thrill has quite the following!
Kmart6nets
This is definitely one of my favorite threads ohmy.gif
dd316
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Dec 11 2009, 07:59 AM)
This is definitely one of my favorite threads ohmy.gif

I'm glad you enjoy it, it makes me sad. sad.gif
dd316
eBay Auction (Item number: 200417421144)
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
sahetu
Ted, is that hand drawn or a print that's signed? Or is the signing a print too? What the heck IS that?
dd316
QUOTE(sahetu @ Dec 28 2009, 11:10 AM)
Ted, is that hand drawn or a print that's signed? Or is the signing a print too? What the heck IS that?

I really have no idea. The seller doesn't mention size, I'd imagine it's oversized. My guess is it's some kind of #ed print. But then again, it could be an original piece of art. Whatever it is, it'll never be in my collection for that price!!
Kmart6nets
Oh my goodness! How can you keep up with these prices??
dd316
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Dec 28 2009, 09:36 PM)
Oh my goodness! How can you keep up with these prices??

Have you noticed the recent rash of bank robberies in South Jersey? wink.gif
nolan34ryan
QUOTE(dd316 @ Dec 28 2009, 10:05 PM)
Have you noticed the recent rash of bank robberies in South Jersey? wink.gif

I just read through this entire thread and have to say that is crazy. I'm going to dig through my clarks as soon as I get home. CRAZY!!!

And highly entertaining.
dd316
QUOTE(nolan34ryan @ Jan 6 2010, 05:50 PM)
I just read through this entire thread and have to say that is crazy.  I'm going to dig through my clarks as soon as I get home.  CRAZY!!!

And highly entertaining.

...and quite possibly highly rewarding. biggrin.gif
dd316
OK, this just might be a record for a Will Clark card... eBay Auction (Item number: 320475026798)

ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif mad.gif sad.gif

I have two of the printing plates for this card, did they just go up in value? wink.gif
edgerrin32
holly smokes. that more than i have seen bigger names like that go for.
(no offense to clark) but there are bigger names that sell for cheaper! someone really wanted that one. i had the same thing happen to me last night. some guy bought a 1/1 for almost double what they always go for. i know because i own everyone thats popped up on ebay laugh.gif all 9 of them. and the one lost in the mail.
sahetu
QUOTE(edgerrin32 @ Jan 22 2010, 10:38 AM)
holly smokes. that more than i have seen bigger names like that go for.
(no offense to clark) but there are bigger names that sell for cheaper! someone really wanted that one. i had the same thing happen to me last night. some guy bought a 1/1 for almost double what they always go for. i know because i own everyone thats popped up on ebay  laugh.gif  all 9 of them. and the one lost in the mail.

If there are 9 how are they 1/1 wink.gif

Will Clark has a pretty decent following. Heck, I tried collecting Dave Righetti a long time ago and that was insane... Especially for old Fleer GU/Autos.
edgerrin32
they are the SPX platinum moments. they have a different milestone on each on. i was reading on beckett that jerry rice has 90 different 1/1 versions blink.gif laugh.gif
ffman
That is an amazing card.
dd316
Man, some BIG numbers this week!

eBay Auction (Item number: 270518236556)

This is the highest sale I've seen for a Clark printing plate. Most go from $50-$85.
sahetu
Sheesh!
Kmart6nets
36 bids??????
dd316
Here's an interesting one....

This promo eBay Auction (Item number: 120520006509) went for more than a laundry tag patch eBay Auction (Item number: 230426665089). blink.gif
sahetu
I keep telling people... 1990s wasn't all crap, you just had to be lucky to find the rare stuff.

Kinda like now.
Kmart6nets
Sheesh! I'd love to find one of those in a random box laugh.gif

...and no Ted, NOT to send to you... unless you wanna pay for it devil.gif devil.gif
dd316
*cough* *choke* *hack*

eBay Auction (Item number: 200434189573)

blink.gif ohmy.gif mellow.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif mellow.gif
Kmart6nets
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Are those really as rare as he says Ted, or is this a case of happy bidders with big wallets?
dd316
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Feb 16 2010, 04:51 PM)
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Are those really as rare as he says Ted, or is this a case of happy bidders with big wallets?

No, they are quite rare. I didn't think they were THAT rare though! blink.gif
sahetu
Sheesh, Ted, time to find a new player to collect - someone obscure! tongue.gif
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(dd316 @ Feb 16 2010, 03:57 PM)
No, they are quite rare. I didn't think they were THAT rare though! blink.gif

I have a couple of DK Jumbos from the early 90s, Ruben Sierra and Juan Gonzalez. I also have a Will Clark Jumbo "Spirit of the Game" Insert. I wouldn't expect as much as the Jumbo DK though. I would settle for $400. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.