Full Version: 2009 Topps Sterling Football
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
snkpoct137
$225 for this??

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2309

DARREN MCFADDEN ON THE CHECKLIST??? what a joke

the product looks pretty cool though
69madman69
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Mar 21 2009, 03:58 PM)
$225 for this??

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2309

DARREN MCFADDEN ON THE CHECKLIST??? what a joke

the product looks pretty cool though

LOL @ "
PRESENTING 27 OF THE GREATEST PLAYERS IN NFL HISTORY!
- AND -"

If McFadden does nothing over the next 2 or 3 seasons we will be talking one of the biggest busts in history, not greatest players. COME ON TOPPS?!?!!? Let the guy carry 300 times and pick up 1500 yds before you advertise him as even a good running back. His blocker at Ark., Peyton Hillis, looked shockingly more promising before his injury. Let's pray we don't have another Ki-Jana Carter on our hands! With all the extra time Topps gave themselves with this product they should have switched out Flacco or Forte for McFadden. Those guys are no legends, but at least they had very nice rookie years.
ffman
True. There are 5-10 rookies who arguably should have been included over McFadden. Forte, Flacco, Chris Johnson, etc.

QUOTE(69madman69 @ Mar 22 2009, 12:25 PM)
LOL @ "
PRESENTING 27 OF THE GREATEST PLAYERS IN NFL HISTORY!
- AND -"

If McFadden does nothing over the next 2 or 3 seasons we will be talking one of the biggest busts in history, not greatest players. COME ON TOPPS?!?!!? Let the guy carry 300 times and pick up 1500 yds before you advertise him as even a good running back.  His blocker at Ark., Peyton Hillis, looked shockingly more promising before his injury. Let's pray we don't have another Ki-Jana Carter on our hands! With all the extra time Topps gave themselves with this product they should have switched out Flacco or Forte for McFadden.  Those guys are no legends, but at least they had very nice rookie years.

Dauizdabest
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 22 2009, 01:34 PM)
True.  There are 5-10 rookies who arguably should have been included over McFadden.  Forte, Flacco, Chris Johnson, etc.

tim hightower.. tongue.gif
marcus42
the bad thing is you can't even say these will be RC's since they will be in an 09 product.

I could see this being another bust high end try for Topps sad.gif
avalanche
wow the cards together may be worth like $100 very big bust and failed attempt
Dillywill
Worked in baseball because the high enders are HIGH END! Football doesn't work like that!
NYStateOfMind1976
Going to be interesting for sure. Honestly, as of right now, if I busted this product and got DMac I am not sure I would be happy wiht it at all. Who knows he could still be a stud but like was mentioned earlier it will not even be his RC card.... I think Topps might sink on this one!! I hope not of course:)
imacrackr
i thought i heard this product was canceled?
sportscollectoroz
Yeah. I don't understand it either. 27 of the greatest players in NFL history - Darren McFadden? He hasn't even been in the league for 5 years!!!

Oz w00t.gif
marcus42
Also, where's the Thorpe, Baugh, Granges, Nagurski, Otto Graham, Doak Walker type players?
snkpoct137
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Mar 25 2009, 01:48 PM)
Also, where's the Thorpe, Baugh, Granges, Nagurski, Otto Graham, Doak Walker type players?

'yea this is going to be an epic fail!
matty18
I thought topps cancelled production?????????????
sportscollectoroz
QUOTE(imacrackr @ Mar 24 2009, 03:09 PM)
i thought i heard this product was canceled?

QUOTE(matty18 @ Mar 25 2009, 07:16 PM)
I thought topps cancelled production?????????????

They killed the 2008 series but are bringing it to shelves for 2009.

Oz w00t.gif
aceecards
Im going by what Shawn told me that this product got cancelled!

Blowout has NEVER removed it from its scheduled releases.

you will not find any literature on Topps site!

I still say this product never comes out in the config describe on blowout!
msuwendy
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 26 2009, 09:43 PM)
Im going by what Shawn told me that this product got cancelled!

Blowout has NEVER removed it from its scheduled releases.

you will not find any literature on Topps site!

I still say this product never comes out in the config describe on blowout!

Agreed!

If it does come out without being reconfigured, Topps are really shooting themselves in the foot by including the 2008 rookies in a 2009 release.
patstigs3712
Thought it was cancelled
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.