Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Tigers on the prowl....again....
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Golf
KHarmon
Tiger has a one shot lead going into the 14th....Furyk is one back but is on the 17th...so he is about out of holes. Tiger is 20-0 after leading a tournament by 2 or more after 54 holes.....looks like a good chance to make it 21-0....and get his 50th career win....the youngest by three years to ever get 50 wins.
aceecards
tigger is back and his skills are honed!!
tysingleton34
Yep I've been watching the whole thing. Tiger should have this one in the bag. he is now 1 up, but he just hit the drivable par 4 in the woods.
KHarmon
Tigers got 55 ft for birdie on 14....15 is the toughest hole on the course...16 is a birdie hole unless he jerks it OB again....17 is the roudiest gallery on tour (they were doing the wave yesterday) and 18 isn't that hard of a finishing hole....I think he's going to be fine. Furyk just jerked it left on the 18th tee.
tysingleton34
Tiger just made a clutch par putt on 14. It's his tourny to lose now.
KHarmon
Unless Furyk pulls off some kind of miracle with his putt on 18...Tiger should be in good shape....Furyk has a tough birdie putt on 18.
tysingleton34
He ended up chipping it. LOL. It was a great shot though. BTW Tiger just split the fairway in half with his drive!!

QUOTE(KHarmon @ Aug 6 2006, 02:57 PM)
Unless Furyk pulls off some kind of miracle with his putt on 18...Tiger should be in good shape....Furyk has a tough birdie putt on 18.

KHarmon
Tiger just hit a 198 yard 6 iron about 2 or 2.5 feet on 15....he's about to be 23 under with the closest to him on the course at 19....he should have this wrapped up shortly.
KHarmon
Furyk's 64 today was an AWESOME round though....to come from 5 shots back to make it as close as it was on Sunday was great to see.
KHarmon
BTW...it was a 7 iron from 198 yards...not a six iron.

I just figured it out....this is his 196th tournament in 10 years....with win #50 his win percentage will be .255.....not bad at all!!!! laugh.gif
Charlie
tiger is an awesome player I love watching him....I loved that guys shot yesterday that bounced off the canopy onto the fringe wink.gif
KHarmon
Tiger was the picture of consistency this week...four rounds....66, 66, 66, 66. Personal best..28 birdies in the tournament. What a great week for him...now he's taking a week off before the PGA Championship...last major of the year.
Charlie
I am hoping he will win the PGA also that would be major 12 wink.gif
KHarmon
QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 6 2006, 08:08 PM)
I am hoping he will win the PGA also that would be major 12 wink.gif

If he wins the PGA...and then turns around and wins the Masters and the US Open next year that would be a second "Tiger Slam"....I'll have to check my facts but I don't think anyone has ever held all four major titles at the same time.....that would be cool...and would put him at 14 majors...just four away from Jack.
Charlie
I am pretty sure you are correct about the "Tiger Slam" I think he is going to pass Jack with ease. He is already on a better pace and with 50 wins is almost 3 years younger then win Jack had won 50 wink.gif
acampione
and that's his 50th!
KHarmon
Well...here we are a month after I posted this topic about the 50th win...and he's on a streak of five in a row.....not too bad at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.