Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Time to give something back!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Contests and Giveaways
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
crpalmi
So I was looking at a few threads today. One was about showing pics of your card room so I took a moment to duck into my storage area (I can't really call it a "card room" cause it's a closet) to see if I should take a pic and it dawned on me that I have alot of stuff...too much stuff. They're all great cards and all but how often do I take the time to "play with them" as my wife says. Not too often and for some cards that get assigned to the back shelves basically never. I started to think that I may need to "thin the herd" a bit but it's too time consuming to list all those little inserts or less valuable hits for sale. I need to have a giveaway!

So how to go about it? I have run across many great collectors on this site but it's impossible to know what projects and PC's you all have. I have a couple people that participate in my group breaks all the time that I just learned today have great specialized collections going on (NLR4434 and Coltsfan27) that I had no idea about. Maybe I can help some of you at least a little...maybe I can't. But I figure this will be a place to start.

However...as with anything there's a catch. What I'd like people to do is list in this thread some of the specific cards they collect (particular player, team, set, subset, year...whatever)...however by posting you are also going to be committing to sending a freebie to someone else on this thread. If the first 5 people list items that you have none of, just check back later until you see someone with a need you can fill. Your agreement is that you will contact them for their address and send them a card or cards for free. It could be a base card they need or a stack of autos of their favorite player. Don't ask for postage...don't ask for anything in return. This won't be a trade thread but a freebie thread. By being the one to start this off I'll promise to send at least 5 people freebies but hopefully I can regularly fill someones need and clear out some of the stuff that's sitting on my shelf that will be enjoyed more by someone else.

If you get a freebie sent to you please post it here so we can see it but you are under no obligation to send something back to them...as long as you do (or already did) send out a freebie to someone else that posted a need (or want) here. Obviously I would hope that you would continue to send some out as you see needs you can fill rather than stopping at one...but by posting you must agree to AT LEAST one. By posting here and sending out a freebie to someone else, there's no guarantee that you will ever get a freebie sent to you based on your interests or needs...but that's not what it's about. If you send one out but never receive one, please don't complain. Also don't grumble that you sent an auto but only got a few base cards in return...that's not what this is about. If you can't understand that or agree to that then perhaps you shouldn't post. But if we can help each other out with our collections without worrying so much about matching book values or sale values...I hope that's a good thing.

So with all that said (sorry about the long read)...who wants some freebies? Remember try to be specific if at all possible as I'm hoping if I don't have it then someone else out there will!
Johnny Number 5
That is genuinely kind,

I am a huge devery henderson collector(saints wr) and Philip HUmber (mets/twins pitcher)

I without a doubt can send some body something nice,

what goes around comes around!

Again,

Thanks in advance

J5
crpalmi
QUOTE(Johnny Number 5 @ Mar 3 2009, 11:16 PM)
That is genuinely kind,

I am a huge devery henderson collector(saints wr) and Philip HUmber (mets/twins pitcher)

I without a doubt can send some body something nice,
what goes around comes around!

Again,

Thanks in advance

J5

Not sure on the Humber but I can swear I remember a Henderson card or two. I'll check the back shelves when I get a chance.
bulldogbaseballcardz
I collect any Roger Maris insert cards, also always looking for a Ryan Ludwick rookie card.

I have over 10,000 baseballcards so I have many cards to choose from.

This is a great thing I always have cards that I will give away for free.

Thanks
Johnny Number 5
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Mar 4 2009, 12:18 AM)
Not sure on the Humber but I can swear I remember a Henderson card or two. I'll check the back shelves when I get a chance.

Thank you !

j5

I will be sure to return the favor!

j smile.gif
chiefsfan101
I've got all kinds of cards I'm sure someone else needs, that I don't do anything with and just sit in my card room.

Darren McFadden, Peyton Hillis, Felix Jones, and Sonny Weems are who I collect.
sebredsox24
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Kevin Garnett
Dan Orlovsky
DeMarcus Ware
Marion Barber III
Felix Jones
Jason Varitek
David Ortiz
Kevin Youkilis

Any other Red Sox, Cowboys, or Celtics(active or legend)
Also any players featured in a UCONN uniform

crpalmi-this is a great idea! i have a feeling this thread is gonna grow like crazy biggrin.gif
cbware88
These are my Collections:

#1 - Draft albums!! I've been doing this since I started collecting and I have a binder for each year of the NFL draft. Basically; I put a card of each draft pick with him in his college uniform, pro uniform (rookie card preferred), and milestone cards (like NFL Offensive rookie of the year).
Eventually I want to start this with the MLB draft and NBA draft but haven't had the time.............maybe when I retire.

So if anybody has Presspass, Hit, or Aspire commons collecting dust........I'm your man!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#2 - Jim Thome

#3 - Kurt Warner
urbanmonk
I can't play as I never give away freebies wink.gif laugh.gif
Kmart6nets
tongue.gif

Kenyon Martin....
NGWH Sports Cards
I collect...Craig Biggio/Ike Diogu/Johnathan Joseph/Derrick Brooks/Derek Hagan/YSL Master Set...

Thanks for this great idea.
THUNDER9
Andruw Jones
Braves
Mike Modano
Marty Turco
Dallas Stars
Ilya Kovalchuk
Kari Lehtonen
Thrashers
Dan Majerle
Redwings
Detroit Lions
Atlanta Falcons
Deltapine
This is a great idea and very generous of you crpalmi. I'm happy to participate in this even if there isn't anything for me.

I collect:

Dale Murphy
Adrian Peterson (Bears)
Kurt Busch
msuwendy
Chris....SUPER idea! biggrin.gif

Just goes to show the kind of members we have here at TCC smile.gif

crpalmi
Thanks for posting guys. Remember this means you are committing to sending out some freebies whether you receive some or not! It's good to see that so many people are up for sending something out... and remember it doesn't have to go to the same person that sent you stuff. It's kind of a pay-it-forward type of a thing.

I'm wondering if it might be easier to list your name and address in the thread so people don't have to PM you for the info...it kind of ruins the surprise freebie. Not sure if people are comfortable doing that but if you're Ok with that please do so.

msuwendy
Chris, I don't think it will be a good idea for everyone to publicly post their mailing addresses here.

Let me discuss this with the CZT and maybe one of us can play host to all the addresses smile.gif

Let's keep this going everyone! THIS is what the hobby should be about! biggrin.gif
bravesfan09
Chipper Jones
Nick Markakis

And Chiefsfan101 - contact me with an address as I have something for you wink.gif
Kmart6nets
If you post your address in your profile, it is only available for those who have open transacctions with you and the CZT to see.

Make sure those are posted, and feel free to PM Mario or me to see if we can assist with any address help wink.gif
crpalmi
QUOTE(msuwendy @ Mar 4 2009, 09:08 AM)
Chris, I don't think it will be a good idea for everyone to publicly post their mailing addresses here.

Let me discuss this with the CZT and maybe one of us can play host to all the addresses smile.gif

Let's keep this going everyone! THIS is what the hobby should be about! biggrin.gif

Yeah I thought that might be an issue but I wanted to avoid the transaction obligation as I was thinking on a freebie you shouldn't have to go that route. I'm open to ideas but I guess for now just PM the person you want to send something to for their address.
dd316
This is a great idea, count me in!! smile.gif

I collect:

Will Clark & Non-Sports Stuff
Kmart6nets
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Mar 4 2009, 10:31 AM)
Yeah I thought that might be an issue but I wanted to avoid the transaction obligation as I was thinking on a freebie you shouldn't have to go that route. I'm open to ideas but I guess for now just PM the person you want to send something to for their address.

Again, if you post your address in your profile, we as CZT members can help out to keep this a surprise.
crpalmi
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Mar 4 2009, 09:50 AM)
Again, if you post your address in your profile, we as CZT members can help out to keep this a surprise.

Thanks for the offer to help out. I hesitate to put anything on the CZT members shoulders to do any of the legwork but if people want to enlist your help I appreciate your willingness to assist.
msuwendy
Not a problem Chris smile.gif

We're glad to help out as much as we can smile.gif
vito
great idea Chris

Leon Hall
Boomer Esiason
Jerome Simpson
Jason Avant
Randall Cunningham
Brian Westbrook

07 Football Leaf Limited baseset & legends (1-200)
06 Football Classics legends (226-274)
06 Football Classics Monday Night Heroes
Knudson
Great idea, I'm in.

My main player focus is Hulk Hogan (professional wrestling) and I'm after everything from cards and stickers to oddballs like Hogan coins, postage stamps and food or toy cutouts.

I'm also interested in set building circa 1900s tobacco issued cards but haven't handled any of these cards previously; I wouldn't know what to look for re: card stock, ink vibrancy etc. on the original runs. Any rogue singles would definitely be a huge help to me. (Received, thank you)
skins30&steelers43
I collect steelers and redskins, mainly charley taylor.
aka spider
I collect Russell Westbrook and Jerryd bayless. Lmk smile.gif
RGBII
Great idea!

I collect Baseball only, sets only!

1953 Topps
1957 Topps
1961 Topps High Numbers
2001-2007 Topps Heritage ( only GU, Autos & Topps Team Autos)
2002 Topps 206 (just GU, Autos & Originals)
2002 UD Piece of History (just numbered Phenoms, GU & autos)
2002-2004 Diamond Kings (only funky serial numbered or bizarre inserts)
2003 Timeless Treasures (I need quite alot of this, no base)
2001-2003 Bowman Heritage (very few open items)
2005 Topps Cracker Jack (just GU, Autos and freaky stuff)
2004 & 2005 Prime Cuts (the Big Boys!)
2005 UD Hall of Fame (Big Boys)
2006-2008 Topps Allen & Ginter (funky, parallel stuff, Black Boder minis)

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

ffman
I will hop in. I'll try to look for a need for a member tomorrow night for my post office run next week.

I collect:

- Sammy Sosa
- David Wright
- Chris Johnson (Titans)
- Courtney Lee (Orlando Magic)
- Low-end Mel Ott GU if anyone has one
- Mantle GU
- Ruth GU
bravesfan09
Iv got chiefsfan101s address and will be sending him something within the next 3 or 4 days.
chiefsfan101
I'm gonna be sending Kmart6nets something.
crpalmi
Thanks again for adding to the post guys.

Don't get your expectations up as some of this stuff may be pretty low end but hey...free stuff is always good isn't it? I'm not exactly sure what items for sure yet but I know I have stuff for;

Sebredsox24
NGWH Sports cards
DD316
Vito
Knudson
FFman

Vito I already have your address but if the rest of you could PM me with your name and address I'll send what I can find out to you. I'll keep scrounging around the back shelves for more.

Remember if you receive something (not just from me but from anyone on this "pay it forward" kind of a thread) please post it in this thread so we can see it.
NGWH Sports Cards
Thanks. PM sent.
Knudson
Have an envelope waiting to go over to THUNDER9. Please PM address.
msw_sportscards
QUOTE(dd316 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:32 AM)
This is a great idea, count me in!! smile.gif
I collect:

Will Clark & Non-Sports Stuff

Nice avatar change. PM addy. I have some Will Clark stuff for ya.

Collecting:
St. Louis Cardinals Pre-1980 and Post-2000
Deron Williams
Luther Head
Dee Brown
James Augustine
Bryan Cook
Frankie Williams
Robert Archibald
crpalmi
Me too...found about 45 Will Clark rookies for you so if you're a "hoarder" zip me a PM with your address. Still can't find my Ray Allen box as I thought I had a ton of low end rookies of him too. Still looking around for some stuff for others.
THUNDER9
QUOTE(RGBII @ Mar 4 2009, 09:00 PM)
Great idea!

I collect Baseball only, sets only!

1953 Topps
1957 Topps
1961 Topps High Numbers
2001-2007 Topps Heritage ( only GU, Autos & Topps Team Autos)
2002 Topps 206 (just GU, Autos & Originals)
2002 UD Piece of History (just numbered Phenoms, GU & autos)
2002-2004 Diamond Kings (only funky serial numbered or bizarre inserts)
2003 Timeless Treasures (I need quite alot of this, no base)
2001-2003 Bowman Heritage (very few open items)
2005 Topps Cracker Jack (just GU, Autos and freaky stuff)
2004 & 2005 Prime Cuts (the Big Boys!)
2005 UD Hall of Fame (Big Boys)
2006-2008 Topps Allen & Ginter (funky, parallel stuff,  Black Boder minis)

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

PM ME ADDY FOR SOME STUFF RICHARD.
ffman
Just saw your post crpalmi, thanks. PM coming.

I will be sending out a small package of 08 SAGE base rookies to cbware88 on Tuesday. vito has already contacted me for my address for some Chris Johnson cards.
joe31
Ill do this. Gonna wait until I find a good freebie to give away until i commit to this though. smile.gif
sebredsox24
ive got some stuff for cbware and cheifsfan101
broscards
Im looking for the ever elusive Meachem's smile.gif

Im pretty sure I can find some stuff for some of you guys wink.gif
troygoesdeep
I like current minnesota base
VERY NICE OF U !
Kmart6nets
chiefsfan101 - I received your Kenyon base of Topps Murad.... I didn't have this one yet. Thanks so much!!
chiefsfan101
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Mar 10 2009, 04:58 PM)
chiefsfan101 - I received your Kenyon base of Topps Murad.... I didn't have this one yet. Thanks so much!!

I didn't send that to you, I sent something else. You haven't gotten it yet.
Kmart6nets
Well whoever sent me that... thank you!
sebredsox24
i got a ray allen gu form cheifsfan101 today, THANKS!!!
jwman92
I am always looking for Brian Leonard cards I don't have!
Kmart6nets
cheifsfan101 - Thanks so much for the Kenyon/Odom dual GU. I didn't have this one!!

Big thanks to you my friend!
chiefsfan101
QUOTE(Kmart6nets @ Mar 12 2009, 12:49 PM)
cheifsfan101 - Thanks so much for the Kenyon/Odom dual GU. I didn't have this one!!

Big thanks to you my friend!

No problem, I actually checked to see if you had it first. It kinda seems like this topic has died down alot.
Kmart6nets
I have something that I'll be putting together Sunday for sebredsox... Everyone else seems to want stuff I don't have any of tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.