Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Topps Baseball and inserts 1967 - 2008
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Baseball > Baseball Trading
macstaples
Hello Fellow Collectors.

I am a lifelong collector of baseball and football cards, now in my second go round. I returned to collecting cards with my son in 1989. He was not yet six years old. Our first set was 1989 Topps Baseball. He enjoyed opening the packs and finding the stars of the day inside. It stoked his curiosity about the game and the players and helped him develop skills in ordering and caring for his collection. We continued with the 1989 Topps Football set and branched out over the next several years to add Donruss, Fleer, Score, Stadium, Ultra and Upper Deck to our collection. When the card companies began to place greater emphasis on inserts, we redirected our focus to Topps exclusively. We have kept pace with the original Topps Baseball and Football to the present day, collecting base sets and inserts, and have worked our collection back to the mid 1970's. As a result of my dealings on eBay, I have built many solid trading partnerships over the years. My trading partners and I all share the same interest and outlook on collecting: it is a fun activity that brings people together. Helping one another takes priority over profit. People ask me what I think our collection is worth. I always answer by telling them that I do not know how much it is worth in dollar terms, but the time I have shared with my son has been priceless. I am hoping Trading Card Central will help me expand my trading opportunities in this wonderful pastime.

To help fill your needs, I have hundreds of Topps Baseball and Topps Football insert duplicates from 1967 to 2008. For Topps Baseball, they include 1967 Posters, 1968 Game cards, 1969 Deckle Edge and Decals, 1970 Posters and hundreds of inserts from 1992 to 2008. I also have more than 300 cards ranging from Ex to NrMt from the 1975 base set. For Topps Football, my inventory includes 1971 Game cards and Posters and hundreds of inserts from 1992 to 2008. I also have a strong inventory of cards from the 1984 Donruss Baseball base set, as well as a scattering of inserts from Donruss, Fleer, Score, Stadium, Ultra and Upper Deck Baseball and Football.

My needs are Topps Baseball base cards and inserts before 1973 and inserts after 2006 and Topps Football base cards and inserts from before 1978 and inserts after 2005. Topps threw me and the whole industry into a black hole with the senseless Generation Now insert series in 2007, printing more inserts than regular series cards. I am still working on several of the 2007 insert series, but I was so discouraged that I shifted my focus on older cards and inserts. Hopefully, Trading Card Central will help me get catch up.

I look forward to hearing from as many of you as possible to work mutually-satisfying trades and to pick your brain on how to get the most out of Trading Card Central. Have a great day.

Happy collecting,

Shawn
finestkind
Shawn Welcome to the site ! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.