Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Advertising TCC
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
Many of you may have seen TCC ads as you search on Google.com, read trading-card related content on various web sites or visit other hobby sites. This is just one of the many ways that we do our best to spread the word about this site and continue to help it grow.

Currently, we have these text-based ads running:

TCC Collector Zone
Forums and blogs for sports and
non-sports trading card collectors.
www.TradingCardCentral.com

This ad can be displayed on any site related to sports cards or within any search results for phrases such as "sports cards" and "sports card".

Talk, Buy, Sell and Trade
Visit the hobby's fastest-growing
forums for trading card collectors.
www.TradingCardCentral.com

This ad is displayed on specific hobby sites including TuffStuff.com and other trading card forums such as HI, SCF and TR.

So far this year, we have already spent over $750 advertising TCC using these methods. As you can see, we are committed to growing this site and continue to invest in its future.

In exchange, we simply ask that you enjoy your time here and continue to tell other collectors about the site as well. wink.gif

-Bob
skatalite
Have you ever thought of opening a TCC PayPal account for donations?
ffman
QUOTE(skatalite @ Aug 3 2006, 11:26 AM)

That's not a bad idea........

Thank you, bob, for continuing to offer TCC free of charge. All that you've put into it, for nada. That's why the donation thing is a good idea in my opinion.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(skatalite @ Aug 3 2006, 01:26 PM)

It has been suggested and other sites do solicit donations. However, we have decided against that approach. Instead, we simply invest the site's revenue right back into the site in order to help its growth. TCC is self-sustaining. wink.gif

-Bob
skatalite
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 3 2006, 12:32 PM)
It has been suggested and other sites do solicit donations.  However, we have decided against that approach.  Instead, we simply invest the site's revenue right back into the site in order to help its growth.  TCC is self-sustaining.  wink.gif

-Bob

Right on.

Maybe someday TCC can provide scholarships! laugh.gif Yes, I can see it now... Kharmon has just received the "Steve's Awesome Pujols Pull of 2006" scholarship valuing in $250!

Man, that'd be great. Something to look into wink.gif laugh.gif
ffman
QUOTE(skatalite @ Aug 3 2006, 11:35 AM)
Right on.

Maybe someday TCC can provide scholarships!  laugh.gif Yes, I can see it now... Kharmon has just received the "Steve's Awesome Pujols Pull of 2006" scholarship valuing in $250!

Man, that'd be great. Something to look into wink.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Bob, you're the man. I respect that 'self-sustaining' ideal.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ffman @ Aug 3 2006, 01:30 PM)
All that you've put into it, for nada.

What I have received so far is more important than a few extra hundreds here and there. wink.gif

The satisfaction of seeing this site grow by leaps and bounds and the renewed interest in this hobby by so many collectors continues to motivate many of us.

Plain and simple... Support the site by stopping by when you can, spreading the word to other collectors, visiting our partners and affiliates and just contributing to the community as a whole.

By the way, there will be fee-based items added as we grow. However, they will always be optional, value-added tools and services that you decide to purchase if the benefits are worth the cost. wink.gif

-Bob
skatalite
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 3 2006, 12:44 PM)
By the way, there will be fee-based items added as we grow.  However, they will always be optional, value-added tools and services that you decide to purchase if the benefits are worth the cost.  wink.gif

-Bob

When can TCC expect to hear more on the fee-based items? The suspense is already killing me and it's only been three minutes! tongue.gif laugh.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(skatalite @ Aug 3 2006, 01:46 PM)
When can TCC expect to hear more on the fee-based items?

We currently have a plan that extends past July 2007 that is guiding our time and resources. Over that period, more details will be shared about a number of projects.

Premium membership upgrades will be the first offering in September 2006. Look for more details later this month.

-Bob
skatalite
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 3 2006, 12:52 PM)
We currently have a plan that extends past July 2007 that is guiding our time and resources.  Over that period, more details will be shared about a number of projects.

Premium membership upgrades will be the first offering in September 2006.  Look for more details later this month.

-Bob

Sweet. Thanks, Bobbers.
ffman
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 3 2006, 11:44 AM)
What I have received so far is more important than a few extra hundreds here and there.  wink.gif

The satisfaction of seeing this site grow by leaps and bounds and the renewed interest in this hobby by so many collectors continues to motivate many of us.

Plain and simple...  Support the site by stopping by when you can, spreading the word to other collectors, visiting our partners and affiliates and just contributing to the community as a whole. 

By the way, there will be fee-based items added as we grow.  However, they will always be optional, value-added tools and services that you decide to purchase if the benefits are worth the cost.  wink.gif

-Bob

I would spread the word to other collectors....but I don't know any. sad.gif My two nephews used to be into collecting, but they have chose to partake in other, less....legal.....activities.

Tarasadie17
QUOTE(ffman @ Aug 3 2006, 10:53 AM)
but they have chose to partake in other, less....legal.....activities.

laugh.gif .... unsure.gif .... huh.gif .... sad.gif
ffman
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Aug 3 2006, 11:58 AM)
laugh.gif ....  unsure.gif .... huh.gif ....  sad.gif

Ya, I know. I'd think they'd learn, but, alas.....no. sad.gif
bob_TCC
By the way, the ads have led to over 3,250 visits to the site. smile.gif

-Bob
tysingleton34
Thanks again Bob!! I can't wait for more features. it is just egtting better by the day!!
ffman
I don't know if I can do the premium additions, but I'll just continue to attempt to contribue however I can.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ffman @ Aug 3 2006, 02:16 PM)
I don't know if I can do the premium additions, but I'll just continue to attempt to contribue however I can.

wink.gif

-Bob
ffman
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 3 2006, 03:36 PM)
wink.gif

-Bob

Bob, you just love that emoticon. laugh.gif
ITG Franchises Man
How about any members that advertise TCC on their sites, get a free upgrade to premuim membership?
ffman
QUOTE(ITG Franchises Man @ Aug 3 2006, 03:50 PM)
How about any members that advertise TCC on their sites, get a free upgrade to premuim membership?

laugh.gif I've advertised on Facebook....and freewebs. Bob - can I get a referral link to use on freewebs? I mentioned TCC there, but I don't have a referral link.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ITG Franchises Man @ Aug 3 2006, 05:50 PM)

September will also feature a new Membership Drive with rewards, some of which could be free upgrades.

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ffman @ Aug 3 2006, 05:53 PM)
Bob - can I get a referral link to use on freewebs?  I mentioned TCC there, but I don't have a referral link.

Each and every member already has their own, unique referral ID and link. To get the HTML code for a TCC image/text link, simply click the Referrals link in the top menu bar and then copy and paste the provided code into any web site.

-Bob
ITG Franchises Man
www.oilers01.piczo.com, I'm gonna upload it know...
ffman
Ah, thank you, bob. I'll do that.
Charlie
Bob looking forward to all the ideas you have for the site to grow further wink.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ITG Franchises Man @ Aug 3 2006, 05:58 PM)
www.oilers01.piczo.com, I'm gonna upload it know...

QUOTE(ffman @ Aug 3 2006, 05:58 PM)
Ah, thank you, bob.  I'll do that.

Thanks for the links, guys! wink.gif

QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 3 2006, 06:44 PM)
Bob looking forward to all the ideas you have for the site to grow further wink.gif

It's safe to say that the coming year will be exciting! biggrin.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
I am loving what I am reading and cannot wait to be a part of it smile.gif

I think I might just have to go out and do some recruiting this afternoon smile.gif

smile.gif
acampione
this is interesting...
aceecards
Im also thinking of posting a TCC logo with the link embedded in my photobucket accounts.. that way when B board members click onto my photobucket accounts they see TCC..

bob_TCC
As an update...

Our online advertising via the Google tools has led to over 3800 visits to the site so far this year.

-Bob
bob_TCC
Just wanted to update everyone on this...

Since January 1, 2003, over $2200 has been spent on online advertising promoting TCC.

I am simply sharing this information so that each of you can be assured that TCC is run by a dedicated team that is very serious about continually growing and improving the site. wink.gif

As collectors, you can rest easy knowing that the time and energy you invest in this community is time well spent.

By the way, another very unique aspect of TCC is that we have not and will not request donations (in fact, any offers have been declined) or constantly ask you to do things to raise money to keep the site going. Instead, we simply want you to enjoy the community that we're all building together.

Plain and simple... Support the site by stopping by when you can, spreading the word to other collectors, visiting our partners and affiliates and just contributing to the community as a whole. biggrin.gif

-Bob
Go18
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 3 2006, 12:52 PM)
Premium membership upgrades will be the first offering in September 2006.  Look for more details later this month.

-Bob

What happened with this? smile.gif Thank you Bob for making this a free, great, safe-haven for us to talk, deal cards, and chat about anything that we feel like.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Go18 @ Dec 15 2006, 08:46 PM)
What happened with this?

It's still coming. However, it was delayed until we're satisfied with the extras that can be provided as part of the upgrade.

-Bob
Go18
Ah, ok. Cant wait to see the options that come with it. biggrin.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Go18 @ Dec 15 2006, 08:52 PM)
Ah, ok. Cant wait to see the options that come with it. biggrin.gif

Our goal is to offer some nice features at a very reasonable price.

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.