Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Bloggers: TCC Needs You!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
bob_TCC
First things first... What's a blog?

From Wikipedia:

A weblog, which is usually shortened to blog, is a type of website where entries are made (such as in a journal or diary), displayed in a reverse chronological order.

Blogs often provide commentary or news on a particular subject, such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. Most blogs are primarily textual although many focus on photograph (photoblog), videos (vlog), or audio (podcasting).

The word blog can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

Now that you know what a blog is... Did you know about one of TCC's other sections - Community Blogs?

As you can see, we have several members who have been blogging for some time! Some members have used their blog to chronicle their collection updates while others have simply chosen to blog about everyday life. Either way, they provide great examples of what this section of the site can provide.

So, are you ready to become a TCC Blogger? If so, simply go to My Controls (link at top) and then use the options in the Community Blog section of the left-hand-side menu to create and maintain your blog.

Or, maybe you'd prefer to simply read what other members are blogging about? That's fine. I'm sure they'd be glad to hear your thoughts on their entries, so feel free to add comments to their blogs.

-Bob
ffman
I've just created one blog on the internet, but I might attempt another here.
ffman
First blog added.
Charlie
wow didnt know about this feature Bob thanks will have to start mine tonight wink.gif
northicehero99
Charlie, I have been here over a year and did not even know about it. I guess I need to open my eyes and do some clicking around on that top menu bar. laugh.gif

Wow another cool thing. Thanks Bob.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ffman @ Aug 1 2006, 06:59 PM)
First blog added.

Welcome, blogger! wink.gif

Click here to view ffman's blog.

-Bob
ffman
Thank you, bob.
ITG Franchises Man
I am going to try and start mine here...
ITG Franchises Man
Er...can Bob start mine..?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ITG Franchises Man @ Aug 2 2006, 04:21 PM)
Er...can Bob start mine..?

No. Just go to My Controls (link at top) and then use the options in the Community Blog section of the left-hand-side menu to create and maintain your blog. wink.gif

-Bob

Charlie
well just did the start of my Blogs wink.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 2 2006, 06:15 PM)
well just did the start of my Blogs wink.gif

Cool! cool.gif

Now, here's the next tip... When you add a new entry, it's a Draft entry by default which means that only you can see it. In order to make it visible to all of us, you need to click the "Entry Options" button and then the "Publish" button. wink.gif

-Bob
Charlie
lol no wonder I couldnt find it in the community wink.gif Now it is there
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 2 2006, 07:32 PM)
lol no wonder I couldnt find it in the community wink.gif Now it is there

Great! Good to see you and ITG Franchises Man both join the bloggers as well. wink.gif

-Bob
crazygood
I am now a blogger! smile.gif

It's more of a Rex Grossman fan site, though.
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(crazygood @ Aug 2 2006, 09:03 PM)
I am now a blogger! smile.gif

It's more of a Rex Grossman fan site, though.

DMB...Kool!!
Charlie
crazygood did you publish yours I went to read it and do not see it there yet?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 2 2006, 10:31 PM)
crazygood did you publish yours I went to read it and do not see it there yet?

The blog has been created, but no entries have been yet.

-Bob
crazygood
I put in an entry, is it not showing up?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(crazygood @ Aug 2 2006, 10:40 PM)
I put in an entry, is it not showing up?

The admin panel says that your blog has no entries at this point - draft or published.

-Bob
crazygood
I just noticed you have to publish it. Hi-Tech!

Does it show up now?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(crazygood @ Aug 2 2006, 10:56 PM)
Does it show up now?

Yes! There you go. wink.gif

-Bob
Charlie
going to read now wink.gif
crazygood
It's not much to read but enjoy yourself! smile.gif I'll check yours out now.
Charlie
I am anxious to see you keep it updated as I am a huge Bears fan wink.gif
bob_TCC
Welcome kooljazz1966 to the TCC Bloggers!

Click here to view his blog.

-Bob
bob_TCC
Welcome cbware88 to the TCC Bloggers!

Click here to view the blog.

-Bob
ffman
Welcome, cb. Just read and made a comment.
Charlie
welcome all to blogging will read all the new posts shortly and update mine wink.gif
bob_TCC
Yes, the 6 new bloggers are leading to some interesting reading! smile.gif

-Bob
Charlie
yes some very unique topics i love reading everyones thoughts wink.gif I am going to do mine daily for as long as I can which hopefully will be a long time smile.gif
bob_TCC
Welcome msuwendy to the TCC Bloggers!

Click here to view Mario's blog.

-Bob
ffman
If I have time, I'll post about how I began collecting later today. Thanks to your blog, Charlie. tongue.gif
Charlie
glad it inspired you wink.gif
ffman
In fact.....I just added another entry, about how I began to collect.
Charlie
I think everyone on the site should go to the blogs and read Marios latest. It is so touching. I want to personally thank him for what he does in his country wink.gif
bob_TCC
I wub.gif the blogs! They just provide such a different way of getting to know so many of you. smile.gif

-Bob
ffman
QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 4 2006, 06:53 PM)
I think everyone on the site should go to the blogs and read Marios latest. It is so touching. I want to personally thank him for what he does in his country wink.gif

I recommend it, too. I posted a comment, Mario. smile.gif
Charlie
well I updated my Blog and if you read it you will see how it is a changing of the guard in the hobby for me mellow.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 4 2006, 09:29 PM)
well I updated my Blog and if you read it you will see how it is a changing of the guard in the hobby for me  mellow.gif

Are you ready for some football? smile.gif

-Bob
Charlie
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 4 2006, 08:34 PM)
Are you ready for some football?  smile.gif

-Bob

that I am wink.gif
jaderock
I just wish blog entries/post got create as a "Post" - I like blogs!
ffman
If possible, I'd like it where it would be possible to view all new blog updates altogether, and not just per member. For example, a link like the one for viewing new posts - only where it shows the latest blog updates. I am making any sense at all with this? laugh.gif
jaderock
QUOTE(ffman @ Aug 4 2006, 07:37 PM)
If possible, I'd like it where it would be possible to view all new blog updates altogether, and not just per member.  For example, a link like the one for viewing new posts - only where it shows the latest blog updates.  I am making any sense at all with this?  laugh.gif

excellent suggestion...hope bob has the powers and tools to make it happen! smile.gif
Charlie
very nice suggestion. it is easy to keep up now but hopefully more people start blogs wink.gif
ffman
It's official - I like blogging. A little refreshment before college.
msuwendy
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! Never blogged before...so this is a first for me smile.gif
jaderock
QUOTE(msuwendy @ Aug 4 2006, 09:02 PM)
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! Never blogged before...so this is a first for me smile.gif

Very touching story!
bob_TCC
Welcome skatalite to the TCC Bloggers!

-Bob
skatalite
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Aug 5 2006, 03:47 AM)
Welcome skatalite to the TCC Bloggers!

-Bob

Aww shucks.

It'll improve, I swear tongue.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.