Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Bloggers: TCC Needs You!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
snowblink
Any word on restoring the comments feature to the blogs??
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(snowblink @ Dec 7 2008, 01:29 PM)

yeah i found that always to be a problem
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Dec 7 2008, 01:29 PM)

Please refresh my memory on this particular item. Are you saying that you're not able to leave comments at all?

-Bob
snowblink
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Dec 7 2008, 02:36 PM)
Please refresh my memory on this particular item.  Are you saying that you're not able to leave comments at all?

-Bob

At first it seemed that comments could not be left for others blog entries, but could still be left on your own postings. Now I can't even add a comment under my own entries...

I also seem to recall there were comment settings (approve, allow without approval, etc...) under the Blog Settings menu...and no longer see those...maybe that has something to do with it, not sure...
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Dec 7 2008, 08:14 PM)
At first it seemed that comments could not be left for others blog entries, but could still be left on your own postings.  Now I can't even add a comment under my own entries...

I also seem to recall there were comment settings (approve, allow without approval, etc...) under the Blog Settings menu...and no longer see those...maybe that has something to do with it, not sure...

Thanks for the information.

I'll try to look into the issue this week.

-Bob
snowblink
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Dec 8 2008, 08:55 AM)
Thanks for the information.
I'll try to look into the issue this week.
-Bob

Cool, if you need any help testing it out, drop me a line.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Dec 8 2008, 03:39 PM)
Cool, if you need any help testing it out, drop me a line.

I modified some of the group-based permissions and then also ran a number of maintenance tools related to blogs. Do you notice any difference?

-Bob
snowblink
I can add comments again it appears. To both my and others.

Still got the notation when posting a comment on another's blog that it would need to "await approval"...so I still can't find the settings I thought I remembered on that note...
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Dec 9 2008, 12:52 PM)
Still got the notation when posting a comment on another's blog that it would need to "await approval"...so I still can't find the settings I thought I remembered on that note...

Looking at the database table for blog comments, I have a clue as to what is happening. I'll get this figured out and working though. wink.gif

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.