Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Making Transactions Safer...
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
We recently added a new area called the Conflict Resolution Center (click here to view). This area contains sub-forums where restricted, suspended and banned members will be documented by TCC Team members. The area is visible to all members. Currently, this area contains a summary list of all Restricted, Suspended and Banned members. In the coming days and weeks, details will be posted supporting the reasons for each action that has been taken to date as well as any that need to be added.

In addition, we also recently made the Failed Transactions forum (click here to view) visible to all members. This forum has been in use by TCC Team members as a way to keep records and notes on all failed transactions. Now, it also provides a way for all members to further investigate the full transaction history of each and every member.

Beyond these new forums, the official Guidelines and restrictions for transactions have been posted in both the Trade Agreements forum (click here) and Sale Agreements forum (click here).

Effective immediately, members will be expected to follow these guidelines and the TCC Team will follow the timeline to enforce restrictions as needed.

We are confident that these changes will lead to one of the safest Internet-based environments for collector-to-collector transactions.

-Bob
ffman
Well done, bob. (I just realized I sound like I'm ordering a steak) laugh.gif

But, really, I like all that you've done. That'll be a big help all around.

Thanks again for the site and for keeping it in good condition.
Charlie
saw the resolution center over the weekend glad you got it update great idea wink.gif
Charlie
Bob did you ever get to look into that sale I have pending that I didnt agree on?

lmk
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Charlie @ Aug 1 2006, 04:38 PM)
Bob did you ever get to look into that sale I have pending that I didnt agree on?

I will check the status of that one again soon. By the way, those members that have open issues are asked to allow the TCC Team time to work through the pending transactions using these new tools, guidelines and restrictions.

If you do not receive an update on your situation by 8/15/06, please let us know via PM or e-mail.

Thanks,

-Bob
Charlie
awesome additions to the site loving it more all the time wink.gif
acampione
Saw the resolution centre. May just have myself a transaction very soon...
bob_TCC
As an update, the guidelines and restrictions for transactions have been posted for over 30 days and various follow-up PMs and e-mails have been sent related to various transactions in a last attempt to resolve disputes.

So, at this time, we will be acting on a number of open transactions and members.

Any "grace period" for avoiding further restrictions has now officially passed. Starting today and over the next few days, I will be personally reviewing each and every transaction that remains open due to disputes and issuing the necessary restrictions.

-Bob
aceecards
are you going to be the governator or the terminator? laugh.gif
ffman
QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 7 2006, 02:18 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

....or both?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 7 2006, 04:18 PM)

I've already tried the "statesman" approach to some of these. Since that didn't work, it's time for the other approach.

-Bob
bufbillsstlcards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Sep 7 2006, 04:56 PM)
I've already tried the "statesman" approach to some of these.  Since that didn't work, it's time for the other approach.

-Bob

"Go with Bob if you want to live." robot.gif
ffman
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Sep 7 2006, 02:56 PM)
I've already tried the "statesman" approach to some of these.  Since that didn't work, it's time for the other approach.

-Bob

Some people these days........turn a good situation (TCC) into a bad one.
acampione
QUOTE(ffman @ Sep 7 2006, 06:18 PM)

sad thing is, they're everywhere...
gopackgo
Way to go Bob, seems like all the trading card boards are working on making new additions to secure trading policies...
bob_TCC
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Sep 7 2006, 03:45 PM)
So, at this time, we will be acting on a number of open transactions and members.

Any "grace period" for avoiding further restrictions has now officially passed.  Starting today and over the next few days, I will be personally reviewing each and every transaction that remains open due to disputes and issuing the necessary restrictions.

As an update, each and every transaction that has reached 15 days or more has been reviewed and action taken (such as e-mail notices, indication as to what needs to take place to resolve, restrictions added, etc.)

Another round of restrictions will be added on 9/12/06 to close a number of transactions that have been open for some time.

Finally, the tools are now in place to support a steady flow moving forward.

-Bob
bob_TCC
Just a reminder to please review any topics and updates within the Conflict Resolution Center forums in order to be aware of those members that are currently under restrictions.

It is strongly suggested that you do not enter into any transaction agreements with members that are under restrictions. This even includes arrangements where they send first or request that you post the agreement on another site, etc. These members are restricted for a reason, so avoid future headaches and just give them time to show whether they can correct their current issues and then be trusted with additional transactions.

-Bob
bob_TCC
As an update, transactions that have reached 15 days or more have again been reviewed and action taken on most (such as e-mail notices, indication as to what needs to take place to resolve, restrictions added, etc.) There are several others that will be updated today and tomorrow.

-Bob

little-michigan
QUOTE(ffman @ Sep 7 2006, 10:18 PM)

Those people are here also... I left all of those other trading sites because of those people, and they followed me here. Wait, they were already here before me.

On a serious note... I have left other trading sites because my "got burned" ratio reached 50/50. I hope I do not run into this here.

-Lewis
northicehero99
QUOTE(little-michigan @ Dec 2 2006, 03:56 AM)
Those people are here also... I left all of those other trading sites because of those people, and they followed me here.  Wait, they were already here before me.

On a serious note...  I have left other trading sites because my "got burned" ratio reached 50/50.  I hope I do not run into this here.

-Lewis

Lewis, so far I think you will have no worries, just check the list though. wink.gif

FYI 250+ transactions and only 2 bad, cannot complain with that ratio and both were items I that did not kill (base/common/low dollar rc) trades. Still it stinks to get taken. If in doubt, do not pull the trigger and do your homework first, that is why we have completed, pending and failed transactions for each member as well. One look and a few reads will help make a decision. wink.gif
bob_TCC
With so many new members, I simply wanted to remind everyone to become familiar with the tools that are in place to protect you when buying, selling and trading.

As we all use the tools that are provided and the Collector Zone Team works to follow up on transactions, we can continue to improve on what is already a solid record!

From the home page...

Real-time tracking shows:
Fraud Prevention Rate: 99.3868989997%
Overall Completion Rate: 95.2366318377%

By the way, our full weekly review of all transactions begins again tomorrow, so please take a moment and see if you have any transactions that simply need updated. wink.gif

-Bob
DiaperDandy
Great percentages to report...
bob_TCC
It's also important to understand that we openly communicate those percentages - right on the home page. I believe that is also something that is unique to TCC. wink.gif

-Bob
acampione
Those are amazing figures.

How many significant digits? tongue.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(acampione @ Jan 10 2007, 05:44 PM)
How many significant digits? tongue.gif

Too many! I just never went back and modified the code to do rounding. tongue.gif

-Bob
ffman
Nice to know that we have a high completion percentage here!
2000 rushing yards
yes, great numbers!!
bob_TCC
Here are the latest numbers...

Real-time tracking shows:
Fraud Prevention Rate: 99.4028912634%
Overall Completion Rate: 95.3551093797%

Also, I'm happy to report that the behind-the-scenes tools used by the Collector Zone Team continue to improve so that we can do even more to monitor all transactions and make sure they are completed.

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.