Full Version: McFarlane College Figures
Collector Zone > Collectibles > Figures
athopesend
just got an email about this the other day, should be awesome:

" MCFARLANE TOYS TO PRODUCE NEW COLLEGE FOOTBALL ACTION FIGURES
Line Spotlights NFL Superstars in College Uniforms
February 13, 2009
Copyright 2009 TMP International, Inc.
McFarlane Toys kicks off a major event in the world of sports action figures. In response to fan demand, the company's new 2009 College Football line will spotlight current NFL players in their college uniforms.

The 2009 College Football line marks the first time college sports have been commemorated in McFarlane Sports Picks™ action figures, and McFarlane is feeding fans' fierce loyalty to college teams and their devotion to favorite players.

2009 College Football will include 6-inch scale figures of six pro football superstars in their school's home uniform, and will feature the incredible detail, signature poses and picture-perfect facial likenesses that McFarlane Toys is famous for.

McFarlane Toys' 2009 College Football is scheduled to be in stores August 2009. "
dodgerblue38501
I've wondered when this might happen. The customizers have been selling college figures for years....for big bucks! Do we know who will be in this first series yet? I'm hoping for Peyton Manning in his Vols uniform. That one would be a big seller at my shop.
dodgerblue38501
This is the list I have heard for this series:

Jamarcus Russell - LSU
Hines Ward - Georgia
Ray Lewis - Miami (FL)
Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma
Tom Brady - Michigan
Peyton Manning - Tennessee

Ward is an interesting choice. He was a QB in college. I don't understand the Russell choice. Is anyone else surprised that we aren't seeing USC or Ohio State represented?
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Feb 20 2009, 05:54 PM)
This is the list I have heard for this series:

Jamarcus Russell - LSU
Hines Ward - Georgia
Ray Lewis - Miami (FL)
Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma
Tom Brady - Michigan
Peyton Manning - Tennessee

Holy cow! What about the West Coast teams??? I would totally snag a John Elway in his Stanford uniform, Troy Aikman in his UCLA duds and any of the following in their USC uni's: Ronnie Lott, Anthony Munoz, Junior Seau, Marcus Allen, etc etc...
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Feb 22 2009, 06:17 AM)
Holy cow! What about the West Coast teams??? I would totally snag a John Elway in his Stanford uniform, Troy Aikman in his UCLA duds and any of the following in their USC uni's: Ronnie Lott, Anthony Munoz, Junior Seau, Marcus Allen, etc etc...

I figure that will be the next step provided that these current NFL stars in their college unis sell well (and I expect them to). I think we will see a College Legends line featuring retired players and HOFers in their college gear eventually.
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Feb 23 2009, 08:53 AM)
I figure that will be the next step provided that these current NFL stars in their college unis sell well (and I expect them to). I think we will see a College Legends line featuring retired players and HOFers in their college gear eventually.

Okay, but they still left the west Coast collectors empty handed.... current West Coast alumni who would sell: Reggie Bush USC, LenDale White USC, DeSean Jackson Cal, Maurice Jones Drew UCLA, Steven Jackson Oregon State, TJ Houshmandzadeh Oregon State, Chad Johnson Oregon State, Carson Palmer USC, blah blah blah....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.