Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Mysteries in wrestling!
Collector Zone > Non-Sports Cards > Wrestling
jaderock
Actually # of World title changes in Ric Flair career...the used # is 16, but there were alot of 1 week swithes overseas and probably in some US terrorities that were never "formally" recognized.

Announced attendence/figures such as the fake 90,000 at the silver dome for WM and the $20 million for Mayweather.

What are your's?
dodgerblue38501
I get a kick out of Hogan telling the story of slamming Andre at Wrestle Mania 3. Each time he tells that story he adds about lbs. to Andre's weight. The last time I heard the Hulkster talk about it he mentioned that his back gave out when he picked up the "800 lb giant over his head".

The biggest mystery in all or wrestling still has to be how Lex Luger remained a top star throughout his career with only a good physique having no charisma, mic skills, and a move set that included no less than 5 moves!
msw_sportscards
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Feb 6 2009, 09:12 AM)

The biggest mystery in all or wrestling still has to be how Lex Luger remained a top star throughout his career with only a good physique having no charisma, mic skills, and a move set that included no less than 5 moves!

2 WORDS::::: LUGER BOMB!!!!!...although I never did see him hock one at anybody...hmmmm....that IS a mystery.

Seriously though, Luger and Sting were good friends which automatically made him good with Hogan......thus, setting him up fo life.
dd316
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Feb 6 2009, 09:12 AM)

I forget who, but someone once said his Human Torture Rack was the most painful move in all of wrestling.

The greatest mystery - Who better than Kanyon? tongue.gif
cbluem
I think one of the biggest mysteries is all about Macho Man Randy Savage. What really did happen with Stephanie? How old was she when this happened. Why isn't more blame placed on Stephanie when she obviously has been put in this business her whole life and married a wrestler.

Vince is supposedly a brilliant business man, yet he has banned Macho King from everything WWF/WWE related. A Savage DVD would no doubt be a #1 seller, and him being put in the HOF would be a bigger shock than the hitman was.

I'm not saying that he isn't a jerk(I've met him a couple times and he is certainly an as). But money is money. And Wrestle-mania is the biggest event of the year in wrestling and he would make a huge impact.

5toosweet
I agree.

Luger was the worst at selling to the crowd.

Lashley and Batista are right under Luger on the list.
jaderock
QUOTE(5toosweet @ Feb 6 2009, 01:42 PM)
I agree.

Luger was the worst at selling to the crowd.

Lashley and Batista are right under Luger on the list.

Luger and Lashley I agree...Batista does a bit better

What's more strange (not really, but logically) is how in the heck did Luger become part of the Four Horsemen?!? I mean the Horsemen represented the creme of the crop...Luger, on the other hand, is a statue with muscles.
jaderock
QUOTE(cbluem @ Feb 6 2009, 11:56 AM)
I think one of the biggest mysteries is all about Macho Man Randy Savage. What really did happen with Stephanie? How old was she when this happened. Why isn't more blame placed on Stephanie when she obviously has been put in this business her whole life and married a wrestler.

Total urban legend and a popular one at that.
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(cbluem @ Feb 6 2009, 12:56 PM)

A Savage DVD would no doubt be a #1 seller, and him being put in the HOF would be a bigger shock than the hitman was.

A DVD dedicated to the career of Savage is in the works for a later release this year. I noticed he was prominently featured on the cover of the Best of Saturday Night's Main Event DVD Set so hopefully Vince can drop the grudge against Randy and make some money off the Macho Man.
athopesend
mmm, my mystery ... what exactly is the Rock cooking? ... lol
msw_sportscards
QUOTE(athopesend @ Feb 6 2009, 08:29 PM)
mmm, my mystery ... what exactly is the Rock cooking? ... lol

I don't know either but I can smell it!!!!
jaderock
QUOTE(msw_sportscards @ Feb 6 2009, 09:09 PM)
I don't know either but I can smell it!!!!

I know what it is, but since it's a family friendly site....I'll leave it at this....it's a dessert!
msw_sportscards
QUOTE(jaderock @ Feb 7 2009, 01:32 AM)
I know what it is, but since it's a family friendly site....I'll leave it at this....it's a dessert!

Warm apple pie?
beanschat
not a mystery, but currently I am reading Bret Hart's autobiography....I thought he would be really egotystical..but I am really surprised at how many people he speaks highly of..of course he thinks every one of his matches was one of the greatest of all time..
bblair_2002
Why is such a big deal placed on Hogan slamming Andre at WM3 when there's a pic of Harley Race slamming him back in the 70s in Harley's autobiography?
cbluem
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Feb 6 2009, 06:24 PM)
A DVD dedicated to the career of Savage is in the works for a later release this year. I noticed he was prominently featured on the cover of the Best of Saturday Night's Main Event DVD Set so hopefully Vince can drop the grudge against Randy and make some money off the Macho Man.

I know it is in the works, but this is the third time it has been in the works. The thing I truly don't understand is how Vince will allow a DVD about the Warrior, and not him. Even if they made it the same way as Warriors and have the current stars make fun of him.

There have been multiple people from within the company that have tried to sneak some Machoness through on video games or other things, but any time Vince gets hold of it, it disappears.

If the video does come out, then I believe you will be able to expect a HOF bid for him at Wrestlemania 30
aceecards
My question is how do the silly writers for Raw keep their jobs.. Heck even lawler and Cole have trouble believing it!

same old tired boring.. dreck!
jaderock
QUOTE(bblair_2002 @ Feb 8 2009, 10:36 AM)
Why is such a big deal placed on Hogan slamming Andre at WM3 when there's a pic of Harley Race slamming him back in the 70s in Harley's autobiography?

Simply cause it was/has been pushed as a big deal for many years. Slamming Andre isn't a big deal. Hogan slammed Andre on the Shea Stadium show headlined by Sammartino/Zbyszko in 1980. That said, WM3 was the 1st time it was before a "world wide audience" and as such will be remembered as (McMahon's) history.

By the time WM3 took place Andre was a shell of himself - immoble and in ton of pain. For me, it was sad to see the Giant suffer.
snkpoct137
My question and the saddest day in my wrestling watching history..

Why did the NWO Wolfpack get disbanned? They had such a good thing going with NWO Wolfpack vs NWO Hollywood then they go and ruin it. I was so sad when that happened i couldnt believe it happened...
msw_sportscards
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Feb 8 2009, 05:32 PM)
My question and the saddest day in my wrestling watching history..

Why did the NWO Wolfpack get disbanned? They had such a good thing going with NWO Wolfpack vs NWO Hollywood then they go and ruin it. I was so sad when that happened i couldnt believe it happened...

I'll tell you why in 2 words: Disco Inferno
Talk about the shame rolleyes.gif
detroittigerfan1976
my mystery is how people consider cena? he is about as limited in moves as was hogan.
jaderock
QUOTE(detroittigerfan1976 @ Feb 8 2009, 04:19 PM)
my mystery is how people consider cena? he is about as limited in moves as was hogan.

Cena has a tad bigger repertoire than Hogan...but to answer your question, it's strictly "Charisma"...very few have it even when the writers feed Cena material that is totally lame, he still pulls it off more or less.
aceecards
I think Cena is / maybe the greatest young talent since the young Shawn Michaels..

Ill take his mic skills anyday over the uncerebral marble mouth randy orton!!! laugh.gif
jaderock
Mystery...how Vince Russo remains as key booker!
historian1974
QUOTE(detroittigerfan1976 @ Feb 8 2009, 07:19 PM)

I think a bigger mystery is why he is starring in a second movie....

More Cena Nonsense

And this movie ironically (or not) also contains a kidnapping and a Camaro.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.