Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Our first Donruss NPN
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
jcharles2
My eldest daughter received:
2005 Playoff Contenders Round Numbers RN-10 Kyle Orton/Stefan LeFors #0973/1500.
The tally thus far:
oldest daughter: 4 NPNs
youngest daughter: 5 NPNs
their brother: 5 NPNs
their dad: 3 NPNs
gopackgo
Go kids go! laugh.gif
meuandthelot
Wow sweet, with one per household, odd that they all come to the same mailing address?!

Hey, Rock On!!
northicehero99
Nice one. That is a nice one to get.
acampione
nice!!
mvpujols#5
nice card.
jcharles2
QUOTE(meuandthelot @ Jul 23 2006, 12:00 PM)
Wow sweet, with one per household, odd that they all come to the same mailing address?!

Hey, Rock On!!

My son and youngest daughter get theirs at their grandmother's address and my oldest daughter and I get ours at my address. I'm always sure to only send in the appropriate amount of entries to each address, leading to a staggering of who sends entries for which products. I figure my kids basically live at my mother's place half the time any way, at least in the summer, because she has a pool!!! I hope this isn't construed as unethical by the board members. I just like my kids to have a fair good chance at receiving NPNs. They get a big kick out of mail days and collecting should be about kids and their enthusiasm. I worry that the industry has lost touch completely with the younger generation and is becoming too much geared toward BVs and secondary markets and selling on E-Bay. I'm open to any input.
aceecards
nice freebie!!
sahetu
Hehe, nice. I've been thinking of sending NPN's to my brothers house. tongue.gif
jaderock
jcharles2,

What is the success/fail ratio?!? 1 NPN recieved of out XXX sent?
meuandthelot
QUOTE(jcharles2 @ Jul 24 2006, 07:38 AM)
My son and youngest daughter get theirs at their grandmother's address and my oldest daughter and I get ours at my address. I'm always sure to only send in the appropriate amount of entries to each address, leading to a staggering of who sends entries for which products. I figure my kids basically live at my mother's place half the time any way, at least in the summer, because she has a pool!!!  I hope this isn't construed as unethical by the board members. I just like my kids to have a fair good chance at receiving NPNs. They get a big kick out of mail days and collecting should be about kids and their enthusiasm. I worry that the industry has lost touch completely with the younger generation and is becoming too much geared toward BVs and secondary markets and selling on E-Bay.  I'm open to any input.

Nothing wrong at all, I really wondered about the household rule and susequent termination of all entries if more were submitted. You answered that with, if 2 entries allowed 1 for you 1 for someone else..

I think this is great for children, not to mention the family bond created for dad wink.gif
Here's to continued success, and the enjoyment brought on by the "What's inside anticipation." smile.gif
jcharles2
QUOTE(jaderock @ Jul 24 2006, 03:32 PM)
jcharles2,

What is the success/fail ratio?!? 1 NPN recieved of out XXX sent?

Of course, I can only give a rough estimate, but I believe the success ratio for Topps has been 0-50%, depending on the specific products and 25-33% for Topps products taken as a whole. I think these are very accepable odds and worth the time and the 39 cents to send in the entries.

Success ratio for Upper Deck is 0% with at least 50 entries sent. Suffice to say I will send no more entries to UD unless I start receiving some cards!

No comment yet on Press Pass.

So far for Donruss 100%!! My oldest daughter received the one Playoff Contenders card and my son has now received two (in the same envelope): a Nate Burleson Playoff Ticket and a Bo Jackson Legendary Contenders card. I'm hoping we have success with Gridiron Gear (I really liked that product)!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.