Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008-09 UD MVP Hockey
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
snowblink
Since the regular issue products don't get much attention I thought I'd review 2008-09 UD MVP Hockey. I won't bother with the stats and stuff for the release, since you can find that on the product sheets.

I limit myself to one pack of the product, just as if I'm a kid spending his realistic allowance.

From my pack I pulled:
12 Eric Perrin (thrashers)
30 Derek Roy (sabres)
32 Thomas Vanek (sabres)
202 Jason Spezza (senators)
223 Peter Mueller (coyotes)
280 Pavol Demitra (canucks)
289 Jason Blake (maple leafs)
Marked by Valor #MV9 Brad Richards (stars)

7 base and an insert, decent. For this product I think pack size should increase by a few cards 10-12 I think is a better fit for this product.

Anyhow, decent photos on the cards, nothing super action, mostly just socks up shots in full frame.

The silver script and super script parallels to the regular set are gone (maybe they have been in previous years, it's the first pack of this product line I've busted). All the base cards now have a silver "signature", which I think is one of the nice points to this set. Also appearing are the mvp logo in silver foil, club nickname in black type, and player name in silver foil.

Base card backs have no photo but do have jersey number, team logo, player stats, regular season stats, a seasons played total, and a four to five line blurb.

The insert issue has an upper body photo, which is repeated on the reverse in smaller size along with a blurb and a list of awards the player has won.

For the price, a nice issue with mostly positive points.
TMacfreak91
The Silver Script is gone I belive but I know that they now have a Gold Script and I'm pretty sure the Super Script is still around, don't quote me on that second one though wink.gif

Steve
snowblink
UD does list a Gold Script and Super Script version for the Rookies, although I think you are right, that there is a Gold Script for the regular issues too. I think I saw some at the local show, will try to verify tomorrow.
benshobbies
I really like Upper Deck MVP Products. I think they are passed over for stuff like UD Black and The Cup. Upper Deck MVP is always a fun break and most of the time you get a complete set within a box.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.