Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Press Pass Legends Football 08
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
tkin
By any chance did anyone bust this? I am probably going to get a box, but was wondering on what you think. I like the 5 auto and 1 GU for 115, but I dont know much about press pass, and havent seen much about this product that has been out since Oct.

Thanks
kooljazz1966
I don't blame you for chasing college stuff as opposed to NFL stuff based off the icon in your sig. I prefer NFL unis myself. For the price, Contenders FB will yield 4 autos on avgerage but it can be brutal.
redbaron16
I thought it was a great product. I have seen some amazing hits. Lots of old school players, autos, and low-numbered cards.
NYStateOfMind1976
I have heard some good things about the product also. I am thinking about divinf in myself. At least one box. As far as the comments about contenders...you are so right. I have busted wuite a few boxes over the last couple years and have had a couple of monster hits but most boxes leave me scratching my head:)
Beavers98
I've seen a few of these busts and they've all looked solid..I really like the on-card autos from press pass.
heathmoel
I like the "old school" look of it smile.gif and press pass always makes nice Legends sets

northicehero99
Press Pass Legends is OK if you are looking for players in college uniforms. It has some nice autos of college and NFL greats. I only opened a little over 1 mini box, but I got an Alex Karras auto and a nice dual of Felix/Dmac.
WestCoastSkinsFan
I'm really not sure why Press Pass is considered to be an iffy product for some. On-card autos with some big name legend players, and chase stuff like red ink and nickname autos... it's GOOD stuff in my opinion. I'd buy this over stuff like Letterman, Premiere... likely over even Limited from this year's release.
northicehero99
QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ Apr 15 2009, 01:28 PM)
I'm really not sure why Press Pass is considered to be an iffy product for some. On-card autos with some big name legend players, and chase stuff like red ink and nickname autos... it's GOOD stuff in my opinion. I'd buy this over stuff like Letterman, Premiere... likely over even Limited from this year's release.

I think the issue is the drop that it takes when more of the NFL themed products hit. Overall Legends is not bad, but more collectors seem to want players with their NFL team as opposed to college.
cardcrazed
If I was guaranteed a Donald Brown, Fili Moala or Curtis Painter auto I would probably by a box, but until then I think I will wait this one out!

Justin
barberromo2008
I had bought a box because it was at one of the local card shops. I loved the Joe Namath and Steve Slaton autos. I got decent from the other 3. This was a really great press pass product
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.