Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Tiger Woods cards and collectibles
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Golf
bob_TCC
So, with Tiger's fourth Masters title, will we see his cards and collectibles increase in value or do you think the golf-card market has just settled in at current values and won't change much?

-Bob
wrv01
unfortunately I think the card prices have settled...unless some amazing new person (just like tiger did) comes up and wins a ton of events.
dry.gif

http://www.freewebs.com/wrv01/

QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Apr 11 2005, 01:26 PM)
So, with Tiger's fourth Masters title, will we see his cards and collectibles increase in value or do you think the golf-card market has just settled in at current values and won't change much?

-Bob

bob_TCC
QUOTE(wrv01 @ Apr 12 2005, 10:59 AM)
unfortunately I think the card prices have settled...

I think you're probably right. As someone with way too much 2001 UD Golf, it pains me to say so though... wink.gif

-Bob
wrv01
Tell me i went crazy for the golf boxes and the only good thing i got was tiger woods rookie card...i had it graded by BGS and got a gem mint 9.5...
meuandthelot
Honestly..
I think Tigers cards have room for growth, look at all the naysayer/doubters crying he was a flash, finished(lol..yes even with 40+ titles including ~7 majors < 30yrs old) UNREAL!!!!
I think once people realize just how high he set the bar, and he has MANY years left + an amazing drive to get better, more collectors will want to own a few more Tiger cards.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(meuandthelot @ Apr 13 2005, 01:48 PM)
I think Tigers cards have room for growth

<snip>

I think once people realize just how high he set the bar, and he has MANY years left + an amazing drive to get better, more collectors will want to own a few more Tiger cards.

Maybe, but I'm just not sure.

I'm certainly not going to be in a hurry to get rid of all of it right now though since it wouldn't really be worth the effort. Might as well hold the cards and see what happens.

-Bob
meuandthelot
A quick couple thoughts...

1)Tiger had a big Rc. push in the collectable market, but it really fizzled quickly(Compared to say Pujols, or Lebron)
Then a few spikes like his crushing the field headlines...one being the "Tiger Slam" which was golden wink.gif..

2) When all is said, and done, Tiger will have(sounds funny..lol) created many "I gotta have a Tiger collectable" like the latest Masters. Where in other sports it's usually a season long achievment, or a record book assault that gets attention.

Also, He appeals to such a large consumer/fan base, heck my girls know who he is. IDK..Maybe it's the optomist in me. plus, there's only 1 legit product!? maybe 2.

Kindof a ramble..House full o' people wink.gif
19th Century Indiana Jones
I have his 1997 card by Grand Slam Ventures. Anybody know the price on this one? It's a tall, black card.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Apr 16 2005, 12:22 AM)
I have his 1997 card by Grand Slam Ventures. Anybody know the price on this one? It's a tall, black card.

The May 2005 issue of Tuff Stuff has the 1997 Tiger Woods card from the 1997-98 Grand Slam Ventures Masters Collection at either $40 or $150 (gold-foil version).

-Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.