Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Vslyke's Cortland Finnegan PC Thread!!!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Show and Tell
vslyke
I saw this on eBay for $150 ( ohmy.gif !!!)a few days ago. Immediatly, I launched into negotiations to get my White Whale. After a few days of PMs and offers and counteroffers, we settled into a nice price of $45 dlvd. biggrin.gif 70% off, not bad at all for a great Xmas gift. Gotta thank the seller, a great guy, and very willing to negotiate. Now, I just have to collect the 07 Topps Total Parallels, and I have everyone of his cards.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=380087712494

You can put it on the board, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! toot.gif
road_runner_1964
Congratulations, Will...that is awesome.
gopackgo
Nice pick up man! Here's to hoping you can track down the rest! smile.gif
vslyke
Thanks Bob and Adam! Those 07 Topps Total should be a piece of cake, they're all over the place on Naxcom and Beckett. And I have the black /50 (the only numbered one), so I just have to get the rest.
Rhody_Red_Pats
Dang! Sweet add Will!
broscards
I saw that on there, and wondered if that was the one you needed! Glad it was and you landed it!!
athopesend
sweet PC pick up, congrats
10alex10
congrats man
thats awesome!
vslyke
QUOTE(Rhody_Red_Pats @ Dec 8 2008, 10:20 PM)
Dang!  Sweet add Will!

Thanks Rhody! And thanks for the trade as well!

QUOTE(broscards @ Dec 8 2008, 10:37 PM)
I saw that on there, and wondered if that was the one you needed! Glad it was and you landed it!!

Yeah, I never thought i would get the guy down on the price. Luckily, an auto mini helmet of his went for $45 (plus S&H), so I was able to get him to that. It was about double the price of the version /1399 (have two of those), so not too bad in my eyes.

QUOTE(athopesend @ Dec 8 2008, 11:26 PM)
sweet PC pick up, congrats

Thanks! I was worried for a long time that someone threw the other 24 in a trash can somewhere, so nice to find an obtainable one. laugh.gif

QUOTE(10alex10 @ Dec 8 2008, 11:27 PM)
congrats man
thats awesome!

Thanks alex! Still have to get some GU gloves to match you, but this is a good boost to my Finny PC. laugh.gif
faulkrules
QUOTE(vslyke @ Dec 8 2008, 09:18 PM)
Thanks Bob and Adam! Those 07 Topps Total should be a piece of cake, they're all over the place on Naxcom and Beckett. And I have the black /50 (the only numbered one), so I just have to get the rest.

Sweet! Glad you found the one you needed! Bad news on the 07 Total though....they made 1/1 printing plates for every card, one for each color (4 total). I know because I am looking for some...
Kiansdad
Congrats on hooking and landing the Whale!!!
vslyke
QUOTE(faulkrules @ Dec 9 2008, 12:08 AM)
Sweet!  Glad you found the one you needed!  Bad news on the 07 Total though....they made 1/1 printing plates for every card, one for each color (4 total).  I know because I am looking for some...

No!!! laugh.gif I now have 4 White Whales!

QUOTE(Kiansdad @ Dec 9 2008, 06:13 AM)
Congrats on hooking and landing the Whale!!!

Thanks man! Can't wait for it to get in.
vslyke
And now we go from a card that was /25 to a 1 of a kind item. My very own mini jersey, that I got in a trade from The Endzone.

user posted image

A beautful item, and I advise you to get one of your favorite player, if you do not have one.
staalfreak12
Sweet stuff dude!
michiganmaniac94
Nice pickup for ur pc
vslyke
Thanks Connor and Brian! I'm going to add something every day, but that'll take about a week to go through my entire PC! biggrin.gif Not much to collect for Finny, that's why the RC /25 was such a big addition.
vslyke
And here's today's addition, an 06 Sweep Spot RC /699! I love the look of these cards, and I wish they had a low numbered variation like the SPs.

user posted image
Gforce083
NICE!
vslyke
Thanks gforce! It's one my favorite PC items, it's a great looking low numbered RC of my favorite player.
broscards
Great add!!

But I think you now have 16 white whales.. 4 plates of every card right?
vslyke
Thanks Tyler!

No, just 4. Just one plate of the 4 variations.
vslyke
Sorry I haven't updated my thread in a long time. Finnegan is starting in the 08 Pro Bowl clapping.gif and the Titans are playing the Ratbirds this Saturday. Also, I got in three 07 Topps Total parallels, and I have the base card incoming, so there are only 2 cards of Finnegan I do not have (silver and bronze paralllels)!

Here's the first of the parallels, the blue parallel (which is the most common parallel along with the bronze). They fall one in every 2 packs, so there can't be too many of each card.

user posted image
road_runner_1964
Good luck on finding the last two....
vslyke
Thanks man! I just hope I get them soon, so I'll have 100% (non plates) before the 09 stuff comes out. That would be sweet.
vslyke
Well, I found the bronze today and it is now incoming. Just need the silver to have every non 1/1 of Finnegan! Here is the base version of Topps Total.

user posted image
Stlouisrams1600
Did you ever find the Bronze?
vslyke
I have the Bronze in hand, I just need the silver. Can you do PayPal for Beckett Marketplace? If so, I'll grab one there and be done.
Dauizdabest
buy this oddball!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TENNESSEE-TITANS-SGA-C...bayphotohosting
vslyke
Thanks for the tip man! Did not see that one, and I'll put a bid on it.
vslyke
I have ignored this thread terribly. I do finally have a new add to introduce, an uncut sheet of cards with Finnegan on it!

user posted image

Also, can someone explain Beckett Marketplace to me? Do I have to register, and can I pay with PayPal? Thanks!
marcus42
sweet stuff smile.gif

gotta love topps total having your favorite player in their set smile.gif
vslyke
Yeah, I do. I just wish they had it again this year, so I would have some 08 stuff to chase.
road_runner_1964
Nice sheet, Will.

Beckett markplace uses the same signon as a Beckett forums. You may be able to use paypal for some....
NGWH Sports Cards
Great Collection Will.

BTW-Do ya need this:

1990 Topps Big Andy Van Slyke
vslyke
QUOTE(NGWH Sports Cards @ Feb 27 2009, 02:46 PM)
Great Collection Will.

BTW-Do ya need this:

1990 Topps Big Andy Van Slyke

Thanks Bob and Nick!

Maybe. What is Topps Big, are they oversized cards?
NGWH Sports Cards
They were/are about 1/2 to 1 inch bigger, not that rare.
vslyke
Yeah, I think I do. PM coming up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.