Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Guys stop it already.
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Yogurtmania
Alright, I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but I get so tired of reading PM's every single day asking about my PC items. Seriously, not a day goes by where someone doesn't PM me asking how much for this card or that card. They are in my PC for a reason. PC stands for Personal/Private collection. That means they are mine and I don't want to trade them, especially online.

I mean, most of my stuff in my PC are high-end items and I am just not comfortable trading them online in the first place. 2nd off, I don't have any desire to trade them.

Take a look at my bucket. One of the folders is labeled "FAVRE PC NFT EVER" but I still get guys asking about the Favre cards. There isn't a single card out there that I would want more than those Favre cards, so it would be impossible for me to find a card that I would trade them for.

And then what really burns me is when you reply back to the PM stating, "Sorry bro, PC items are NFT." they get mad and try harder to trade for them. What's up with that?

Another thing that burns me is I will reply to a topic stating this "Hey man, I like your Randy Foye jersey card" they reply back with this "Liked your Kobe auto, LMK if we can work something out". Yeah, let me go right ahead and pull the trigger on that trade.

Does everyone have this problem, or is it just me? I mean, those PC items are in my bucket for looks only. I like to show them off, as does everyone else. Do I have to completely remove them from my bucket to get people to stop inquiring about them?

Sorry for the long read, but just had to get that rant out. lol
mzchops
i'm with you 100% you know how many times i get people asking for stuff in my pc when it clearly says NFT, esp. when i ask for a player that isn't even hof material, or not even in the top 10 best players in the league
gopackgo
Hey I like your Favre PC a lot...you want to sell it to me since it says NFT and not NFS laugh.gif Just kidding man, it can get annoying but just don't respond to those people if they annoy you. Let them realize how much of a bonehead they are by you turning the cold shoulder on them, and how much you care about the fact that they can't read or comprehend to save their life blink.gif
Yogurtmania
QUOTE(gopackgo @ Dec 3 2008, 05:34 PM)
Hey I like your Favre PC a lot...you want to sell it to me since it says NFT and not NFS  laugh.gif Just kidding man, it can get annoying but just don't respond to those people if they annoy you.  Let them realize how much of a bonehead they are by you turning the cold shoulder on them, and how much you care about the fact that they can't read or comprehend to save their life  blink.gif

Yeah, but I hate it when I pm someone and they don't respond. I always try and return the pm just becuase I know it ticks me off when someone does it to me, ya know?
osufan2383
it just happens man, some people will trade pc though. i normally wont trade stuff that i break from boxes right away. Sometimes its better to hold onto it, in case they become good.
chopinalex
no one ever asks for my PC!
Yogurtmania
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Dec 3 2008, 06:14 PM)
no one ever asks for my PC!

As Diamond Dallas Page would say, "That's not a bad thing, that's a GOOD thing."
2000 rushing yards
I AGREE!! biggrin.gif
Stlouisrams1600
I Trade Rams For Chris Longs!
biggrin.gif
coltsfan23
I totally understand what you mean. For me, my PC and NFT are sometimes open. What annoys me a ton is the fact that people with hundreds of low end cards ask me to check their bucket for my very highend items. Other than that, I don't mind if someone asks for the items in those sections.
snkpoct137
QUOTE(Yogurtmania @ Dec 3 2008, 06:53 PM)
Yeah, but I hate it when I pm someone and they don't respond. I always try and return the pm just becuase I know it ticks me off when someone does it to me, ya know?

is that so, because i pmed you twice after u posted in MY thread...
www.fpcards.com
My biggest issues simply revolve around 2 things
#1 People asking me to look at buckets where half the items are gone
#2 People saying they are interested in a nice item IE the Mays autograph we have. We have it clearly posted the BV want and yet when it comes down to it, they aren't interested in parting with a quality item to get a quality item. If you tell me you are interested in a $75-$100 item don't expect me to ask for a bunch of $6 jersey cards to get to that $75. I am going to ask for a couple of $40 cards. So often I run into folks here who expect to get high end stuff and are only interested in giving up junk
Yogurtmania
QUOTE(snkpoct137 @ Dec 3 2008, 07:23 PM)
is that so, because i pmed you twice after u posted in MY thread...

I said I try to reply to pm's. That doesn't mean some don't slip through the cracks. Sorry about that bro.
aceecards
A suggestion!

Make that part of your bucket private!

I mean what is really the issue here.?

You being bothered becuase you have nice cards or you being bothered becuase all anybody wants are your gems?

Here where I stand:

I got tired of people asking so I hid it!

End of story!

Now when I want something of theirs I always politely ask via PM what specifically they will want for it.. My collection is like an iceberg, you can only see 20 % of it above the water!

snkpoct137
QUOTE(Yogurtmania @ Dec 3 2008, 10:32 PM)
I said I try to reply to pm's. That doesn't mean some don't slip through the cracks. Sorry about that bro.

its no big deal. i just didnt want you to be a hypocrite laugh.gif
road_runner_1964
Can you believe I have had folks ask for some of my 264s.... laugh.gif

Now that's a good one...
vslyke
QUOTE(road_runner_1964 @ Dec 3 2008, 11:54 PM)
Can you believe I have had folks ask for some of my 264s.... laugh.gif

Now that's a good one...

Didn't you get the Hawkins? I need that one, please cmb and lmk what you want for it. biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.