Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone see this? Babe Ruth card for a buck!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
www.toppsheritage.com
Talk about a nice gift from ebay for a buck! Wish I would have know about this promotion before they "gave" away the Ruth card. The corvette would be nice too though! I wonder what the SMR on this card is.

PSA Babe Ruth card for $1
dodgerblue38501
What a lucky person! I'd give $1 all day long for a '48 Leaf Ruth.
Ilovetheheat
I feel sick.

Peace
Jeremy
www.toppsheritage.com
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Dec 2 2008, 10:01 PM)
What a lucky person! I'd give $1 all day long for a '48 Leaf Ruth.

Well, some would say it was not luck. There was an article about the eBay doorbuster promotions on MSNBC today and basically about 75% of the prizes are being won by automated scripts. In addition to the grand prizes, they are selling dozens of Wii's, iPod's, etc. for $1, and many of them are being won with no visitors ever being registered on the item and before the item even shows up in searches on ebay! I was going to try to win some of these prizes but when I saw that I figured it would be a waste of time. Maybe next year they'll make you enter a verification code or something. Good promotional idea though.
Luke2411
Here's the article...

MSNBC

Sounds like none of us is going to have a chance unless there are some hackers here at TCC.

Also looks like eBay doesn't give a rats about fixing it. Doesn't surprise me one bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.