Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: OMG!!! LOOK AT MY LAST POST!!!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
josh3302
I redeemed a David Price/Luke Hochevar Head Of The Class dual auto from 2007 Bowman Chrome Baseball in May. They sent me a Dellin Betances Blue Refractor Auto /150 from 2007 Bowman Chrome. The HOTC of Price books $100. This Betances books $120. I called them yesterday and said I wasn't happy and wanted a Price. They offered me this.

To keep the Betances and receive 1 of 3 choices
Choice 1: A-Rod 07 Finest Auto
Choice 2: Papelbon/Pedroia 07 Finest Dual Auto
Choice 3: $120 Retail Box.

I chose the A-Rod. Future HOF can't go wrong with that. So instead of the Price/Hochevar. I wound up with a Betances /150 Auto who is the future of the Yankees Staff and a A-Rod Auto.

How do you think I did?
Stlouisrams1600
Awesome Auto!
Is he in Yankee uni?
dodgerblue38501
That is by far the best Topps replacement story I have ever heard. Congrats to you! You scored big time!
josh3302
Thanks guys, and no the A-rod is in a SEA jersey I believe. It is like a Rookie Reprint the guy said I think. But it is a sticker Auto, which is ok but rather be on card
Luke2411
Wait a minute.

You redeemed a card that books $100 and you were sent a card that books $120 and you still complained???

Sounds like they were more than generous the first time around. Why did you get upset when they replaced your original card with someone that was valued even higher?
josh3302
Because even though the value was in my favor, I redeemed a card of 2 1st overall picks for somebody that has been moving slowly in the minors, and might have a bright future but the Rotation for the Yanks is filled with many Vets that are there to stay, I bought the Price/Hochevar wanting the Price auto who is going to be one of the greatest pitchers of all-time, and instead I got an auto of somebody who is good but has way less potential than Price. Its a great card don't get me wrong but a Price autograph right now is a one of a kind, and I thought they were generous, but I called up being calm and nice and they said to call back in two weeks and they would have an offer, and they did, so I thanked them and told them that I was very happy with the way they handled it.
mo2116
nice exchange but in 1 response he is the next great yankee staff ace and in the other he is floating around the minors and left behind in a crowded yankee staff so what is he lol !
jwman92
Awesome, glad Topps came through for you!
josh3302
QUOTE(mo2116 @ Dec 2 2008, 10:08 PM)
nice exchange but in 1 response he is the next great yankee staff ace and in the other he is floating around the minors and left behind in a crowded yankee staff so what is he lol !

Thats the problem IDK what he will turn out to be LOL!

And thanks JWMAN I am glad also, I have had many problems in the past with them
degibson84
i would have taken the Pap/Ped but as a yanks fan i see why you went with the A-Rod not too mention he is a Future HOFer
josh3302
I was thinking the Pap/Pedroia figuring I would immediatly sell it since Pedroia just won MVP and Pap is arguably the best closer in MLB, but A-Rod is also arguably one of the best players of All-Time so it was a tough decision, Money or PC and I went with PC figuring once A-Rod gets in the HOF, Breaks the HR record, and eventually dies "don't want him to but he obviously is going to someday", sell it for 10x as much as I would get for the Pap/Pedrioa
Luke2411
QUOTE(josh3302 @ Dec 2 2008, 08:59 PM)
Because even though the value was in my favor, I redeemed a card of 2 1st overall picks for somebody that has been moving slowly in the minors, and might have a bright future but the Rotation for the Yanks is filled with many Vets that are there to stay, I bought the Price/Hochevar wanting the Price auto who is going to be one of the greatest pitchers of all-time, and instead I got an auto of somebody who is good but has way less potential than Price. Its a great card don't get me wrong but a Price autograph right now is a one of a kind, and I thought they were generous, but I called up being calm and nice and they said to call back in two weeks and they would have an offer, and they did, so I thanked them and told them that I was very happy with the way they handled it.

Alright. That makes sense. I'm glad you didn't call them angry though. Sounds like you handled it the right way. I'm surprised at what they were willing to do for you. Kudos to them for hooking you up. I have that A-Rod card myself and it's a nice one. He is in a Seattle uni. So congrats on the pickup.
josh3302
Thank you, Luke, the A-Rod is definitly a keeper, and thats pretty much what I said to them, I said the Price would have been one of my Prized Possessions, since I am a huge Rays fan, and the Betances was good, but he may or may not be somebody. Price already had become great when I called, so I said the least you could do is send me something of somebody that Price could turn into, they then gave me the 3 choices. I was glad they even gave me choices and they almost hung up when I was in shock for 5 minutes that they had offered me an A-Rod. So the A-Rod is definitly an upgrade from the Price unlike the Betances that would have been a downgrade despite the fact that it books more
josh3302
FREE BOX OF 2008 TRIPLE THREADS COURTESY OF TOPPS SCREWING UP MY 2 CURRENT REDEMPTIONS. BEST EXPERIENCE WITH TOPPS EVER, AND THEY ARE SENDING ME A BOX OF 08 BOWMAN CHROME FOOTBALL SINCE I DIDN'T GET AN AUTO OR A NUMBERED BOX TOPPER!!!!
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(josh3302 @ Dec 3 2008, 07:48 PM)
FREE BOX OF 2008 TRIPLE THREADS COURTESY OF TOPPS SCREWING UP MY 2 CURRENT REDEMPTIONS. BEST EXPERIENCE WITH TOPPS EVER, AND THEY ARE SENDING ME A BOX OF 08 BOWMAN CHROME FOOTBALL SINCE I DIDN'T GET AN AUTO OR A NUMBERED BOX TOPPER!!!!

Wow! Will you be my official contact to deal with Topps if I ever have any problems with them again? They sho' do luv you!
josh3302
What do I get, lol!!!
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(josh3302 @ Dec 3 2008, 07:54 PM)
What do I get, lol!!!

The satisfaction of helping out a fellow collector. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.