Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: I just wanted to say something about pack
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
kcroyals24
I love the feeling when you get a nice rookie auto or veteran auto in a pack. But some other people just buy all there cards. To me thats not very fun. Almost every good card i own i pulled from a pack

What do you guys think
dd316
Nothing beats an unexpected surprise, but you can't always rely on busting packs to get that one card you need.
flea
Love pulling a great card from a pack, but have bought cards also, both have their place
krayzie83
Personally I rather spend $100 on a single and get my moneys worth as opposed to the same $100 gambling on a box that with my luck will land me this years 2nd to last pick's GU seat cushion. Without people buying the packs/boxes though I wouldn't be able to get my singles so keep up the good work!
Gadsden86
I love pulling an auto or nice patch. But its almost never who i collect so i end up buying what i want .
Yogurtmania
Pack breaking is great and extremely fun....But, let's put this in perspective. For a price of an Exquisite pack you can buy ALL of these players autos:

Brett Favre
Emmitt Smith
Joe Montana
And another lower-end HOF auto like Jim Kelly or Steve Young.

Odds are, you are not going to get those 4 autos in that pack of Exquisite.

With that said, that can go all the ways down to a $5 pack. Instead of spending $5 on a pack, you could probably take that $5 and buy a nice auto, jrsy, or rookie that would have come out of that pack.

Last night, I broke a few packs of Donruss Classics at $6 a pack. I pulled a really nice quad jersey (Warrick Dunn/Fred Taylor/LT/Edge James). Thought the card was great looking, only it only books $12. Probably could have bought the card on Ebay for half the price that I spent on opening the 2 packs.

sschind
In my case, the only cards I collect are Packers. Why would I gamble on a pack just hoping I pull a Packer card when I can just go out and buy the cards I want. If I had lots of disposable income I might rip a few boxes again but for now the best way for me maximize my dollars and increase my collection is to buy the cards I want.

Yogurt- When you say you could get those players autos for the price of an Exquisite pack do you mean the Exquisite autos of those players that you would get from the Exquisite product or just 4 autos in general?
northicehero99
QUOTE(sschind @ Nov 29 2008, 03:06 PM)
Yogurt-  When you say you could get those players autos for the price of an Exquisite pack do you mean the Exquisite autos of those players that you would get from the Exquisite product or just 4 autos in general?

I think he was just referring to any auto not the exguisite autos.

Both sides are right in this case. I enjoy opening boxes for the sheer thrill of pulling something nice or something I collect, but the other side of it is I could have probably bought half of that stuff a lot cheaper. Still it is the thrill of the chase. In addition, for me as a set builder, busting product gets me a base set and rookies to start with. I just hate supporting anyone elses habit other than my own. laugh.gif
metsfan2427
i enjoy opening wax. but lately i have just picked up singles. but then most of the time you blow 50-400 dollars and get really nothing
sschind
QUOTE(kcroyals24 @ Nov 28 2008, 11:10 AM)
I love the feeling when you get a nice rookie auto or veteran auto in a pack.  But some other people just buy all there cards.  To me thats not very fun.  Almost every good card i own i pulled from a pack

What do you guys think

If you like nice rookie autos or veteran autos and the anticipation of pulling one out of a pack is fun then that is the way you should collect.

Personally, I used to bust lots of wax but what got to be no fun for me was spending $75.00-$100.00 on a box and getting no good cards so I just started buying them.

It all depends on what you mean by good cards and what you consider fun.

jwman92
I think you need to have a good balance, but I always love opening packs!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.