Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone that uses Beckett to catalog
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
RGBII
I'm making the attempt to catalog my 2008 Allen & Ginter collection on Beckett's site.
I haven't added any thing since the "new" site was established.
It's a nightmare compared to the old site.
Can anyone that uses Beckett for this purpose give me a
course on how to do it properly?

I appreciate any & all pointers.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
RGBII
There has got to be a better way to do this.

I have minimal problems getting the specific cards into
the collection, however, the quantities seem to require
a card by card entry. If this is, indeed, the case, I'll see y'all
sometime in late Spring.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
dd316
I couldn't even figure it out the "old" way, good luck!
STLcardinals888
Is it free? I wish i could help.
gopackgo
QUOTE(RGBII @ Nov 28 2008, 11:07 AM)
There has got to be a better way to do this.

I have minimal problems getting the specific cards into
the collection, however, the quantities seem to require
a card by card entry. If this is, indeed, the case, I'll see y'all
sometime in late Spring.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

I guess we will see you in spring laugh.gif It's a slow, painstaking process...once you get used to it, it should go faster, but it is a real pain in the butt regardless.
sebredsox24
Yep, one at a time. It is beyond ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that you have to pay for pricing now. The way I do it is I add each card individually, then when im done I go to my collection, do all the quantities, and put them into the correct folder. 25 cards takes me half an hour :[.
RGBII
QUOTE(gopackgo @ Nov 28 2008, 12:36 PM)
I guess we will see you in spring  laugh.gif It's a slow, painstaking process...once you get used to it, it should go faster, but it is a real pain in the butt regardless.

QUOTE(sebredsox24 @ Nov 28 2008, 12:41 PM)
Yep, one at a time. It is beyond ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that you have to pay for pricing now. The way I do it is I add each card individually, then when im done I go to my collection, do all the quantities, and put them into the correct folder. 25 cards takes me half an hour :[.

Oh, I am doomed!

I have at least 8,220 cards to catalog. I may want
to reevaluate that late Spring prediction.

Thanks for the input & Collect Hard!,
RGBII
sebredsox24
QUOTE(RGBII @ Nov 28 2008, 12:53 PM)
Oh, I am doomed!

RGBII

ouch, im too lazy to do my 2500 or so pc cards out of my big 2 ollection, i dont think i could EVER bring myself to do 8220.
tj2373
QUOTE(RGBII @ Nov 28 2008, 10:53 AM)
Oh, I am doomed!

RGBII

In that case Richard, you may want to change your "Collect Hard!" to

"CATALOG HARD!"

Truth is there's no easy way to catalog a collection on Beckett's site, either under the old way or the new way. I'm still going thru my collection on there to make sure everything was imported over during the changeover. My Excel spreadsheets are more updated than my Beckett. One suggestion is to create a new collection (say for example 1987 Topps), select all the cards in the set and add/delete the cards you have. It is time consuming, no matter what way one decides to catalog a collection of any magnitude (utilizing Excel, Beckett, etc). Whatever you decide to do, good luck.
finestkind
The old Beckett was easy, at least for me. I gave the new Beckett a try once and gave up. I just use freewebs and my internet provider to make webpages. Even I can do it. laugh.gif
jwman92
Yes it is card by card, and yes it stinks!
tongue.gif
Deltapine
Huge pain in the behind ain't it?!

I was using it to figure out what I needed in my Murphy and Busch collections. I didn't realize what the fill button was for. I clicked it thinking it was some kind of sort option. Then I entered zero and voila.......a months worth of work entering my kurt busch collection was wiped out back to zero.

I'm currently trying to print a checklist, but that's becoming a pain as well. Best of luck sir.
ffman
The new Beckett is horrible.

The old "My Collection" was incredibly easy to use, since it offered all cards from a set/player on one page and "checkboxes" to conveniently add multiple cards.

I accidentally deleted my collections during the transfer. There is no way I will be creating another collection there.
jaderock
I too am trying, but haven't given it a go yet because it's a card by card process...I do like the break up of Autos, GU, TC and serial #s tho!

CATALOG HARD! smile.gif
RGBII
I have 37 collections from the "old" Beckett cataloged.
I have no doubts that it will take me 37 times as long to
catalog the 2008 Allen & Ginter cards than it did to catalog
all of the others combined.

Catalog Until Fatigue & Famine,
RGBII
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.