Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: This is just going TOO far....
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
19th Century Indiana Jones
LINK
osufan2383
wow i hope thats not real if so it is just plan ugly
That's the way it's made. Who is to say that someone won't humidify a room that is 90F, peel off the sticker, and just place it on their favorite base card?

This is why I'm totally anti-sticker.
Stlouisrams1600
Topps Screwed Up ONCE AGAIN!
IS It Going To Be Another Paradigm? Or Performance?
Kmart6nets
Ew! No way that stays on there for more than a year.
northicehero99
That is the worst production effort I have ever seen. Why not make the bottom border bigger and put the sticker on the card???

Terrible production.
aceecards
Topps did this first in 06 paradigm!

Ugly then ugly now!
ronaldinho0003
That is the nastiest card ever..looks terrible!
ffman
Horrible, horrible.

What happened to caring what your product looks like?
kcroyals24
seriously

that is so easy to just peel off the sticker put it on a plain jersey card of the player easy extra 20 dollars there

then they can sell the 2/5 letterman non auto'd for about as much as it would go for if it was auto'd
krayzie83
Not a fan of manufactured patches regardless but IMO the autographs usually look terrible on them as most bleed into the letter. Think Topps was trying to rectify that problem with this poorly designed concept.

edit- Kinda looks like there's a layer of plastic over the sticker keeping it in place.
marcus42
manufactured patches and then sticker autographs on top of them? DOES TOPPS LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS???

here's my favorite by the way...

eBay Auction (Item number: 400012808072) confused.gif
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Nov 27 2008, 11:14 AM)
manufactured patches and then sticker autographs on top of them? DOES TOPPS LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS???

WHOA! That is just being bad AND lazy!
marcus42
I'm seriously disgusted looking at these cards...

I know it's just cardboard...but it's a multi-million dollar business that should look professional...

my girlfriends 2 year old niece can make something better than 2008 topps letterman football with paper and crayons...
metsfan2427
why they stop signing on card
dodgerblue38501
Terrible concept! I would have thought that Topps learned their lesson with Paradigm in '06. For all the good Topps gives us each year, it seems as though they can be counted on for one terrible football product per year as well.
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Nov 27 2008, 11:26 AM)
why they stop signing on card

That has been my question ever since the advent of sticker-autos.
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Nov 27 2008, 11:14 AM)

laugh.gif woooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww that's horrible
Stlouisrams1600
The Worst Part Is,It Was Supposed To Come Out In October!
laugh.gif
Tick-Tock-Man
it's the worst use of stickers.
Hallsgator
Actually, that's not the worst. Two years ago, they used a silver sticker auto on a Tom Brady letter.
cleavland_23
reminds me of the football autofocus cards, kinda defeats the purpose of the card.
QUOTE(cleavland_23 @ Nov 27 2008, 05:02 PM)
reminds me of the football autofocus cards, kinda defeats the purpose of the card.

What are those?
cleavland_23
it was originally a basketball product where the auto's were signed directly on plexi glass, last year football released the product and used sticker auto's on the plexi glass

Basketball
http://cgi.ebay.com/Trilogy-AUTO-Focus-200...bayphotohosting

Football
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANQUAN-BOLDIN-2007-UD-...bayphotohosting
PJRoxx
Worst product ever, given the pack price, design, etc.

And the design Marcus showed there is just horrible. Donruss does the exact same thing in Rookies & Stars and Prestige and has the player sign the fabric. Topps cant' even do that, slaps a sticker on top of it. Horrible.

QUOTE(marcus42 @ Nov 27 2008, 10:14 AM)

Gforce083
Not sure if someone posted this already, but what Topps did was insert a clear "plastic window" over the patches and stuck the auto'd sticker on top of the "plastic window"...the stickers ARE NOT stuck directly on the patches.
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(PJRoxx @ Nov 27 2008, 05:33 PM)
Donruss does the exact same thing in Rookies & Stars and Prestige and has the player sign the fabric.

Exactly! The fact that Donruss does this concept the right way makes Topps look even worse as a company in this scenario. I agree also, this is the worst given the price. Topps thinks that just because they market something as high-end with a high SRP that collectors will buy it and not even notice. Sadly, by the looks of eBay listings, many folks did just that. For that reason, I say we haven't seen the last of this ugly bunch of laziness!
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Nov 28 2008, 12:02 AM)
Not sure if someone posted this already, but what Topps did was insert a clear "plastic window" over the patches and stuck the auto'd sticker on top of the "plastic window"...the stickers ARE NOT stuck directly on the patches.

I still think this stuff looks horrible. I would much prefer to have a letterman signed on the fabric. If it bleeds into the fabric, as many do over time, so be it. At least everyone can see the thing was actually signed. When you start getting plastic film over your cards with stickers on top of that it reminds me of a cheap microwave dinner. Maybe next year we will see Topps Healthy Choice Lean Cuisine Letter AUTOS. biggrin.gif
Yogurtmania
We keep complaining, yet we continue to buy....These cards look horrible, but yet they are still getting bids, so that means someone likes them.
dd316
What a joke!
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Nov 28 2008, 01:02 AM)

So what happens when that plastic window slides off or cracks or creases?
Zimbow
i think its a great idea. putting good money to waste.

ugh, awful comment i posted. sorry guys i have about 2 hours of legit sleep.
flea
Nice cards but the sticker auto? Uuuuggghhhh
Gadsden86
i couldnt wait for this to come out and it looks awful. dry.gif
Gforce083
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Nov 28 2008, 09:57 AM)

What happens when stickers peel off cards, what happens if you display your cards next to a window and the autos fade to nothing, what if the actual fabric autos bleed and fade over time, what happens when on card autos are displayed near a light source/window and they fade?
Yogurtmania
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Nov 28 2008, 09:57 AM)

Protect your cards better and it won't happen would be my response to that question. wink.gif
wlalocal
Both are pretty brutal looking, the Jackson wins the ugly contest though...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.