Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 08 Leaf Rookies & Stars goes 90s with die cuts
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
PJRoxx
I haven't heard much talk about this in the hobby so I thought I'd put up a post.

Has anyone seen the new Crown Rookies in 2008 Leaf Rookies & Stars? These come exclusively in the $9.99 Wal-Mart blasters. There was a thread up last week about 90s inserts and people were giving love to the 90s die cut inserts, especially from Pacific, so I thought there'd be some interest here. Pretty cool, I'll definitely be looking to pick up the Eddie Royal. Here's a Malcolm Kelly I pulled today:

user posted image
dodgerblue38501
Pretty cool! I'd love to see more of the 90s insert concepts used again instead of 10 levels of different colored parallels.
chopinalex
wow thats a cool insert!
Gadsden86
Nice card. I miss Holograms sad.gif
Stlouisrams1600
Those Look really Cool.!
PJRoxx
Yeah I'm with you, enough of the blue, silver, gold, emerald, sepia parallels. Bring back some die cuts, holograms, etc. -- put some fun into collecting so everything isn't about autos and memorabilia.

QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Nov 26 2008, 12:29 AM)
Pretty cool! I'd love to see more of the 90s insert concepts used again instead of 10 levels of different colored parallels.

Gforce083
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Nov 26 2008, 01:29 AM)

Exactly, is there really a difference in a blue foil logo and a platinum foil logo?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.