Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Most Overrated Played in the Hobby
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
miguelcabrera
jacoby ellsbury

cards that sometimes dont get a bid or go for 4 dollars go for iver 60 for him
example cosigners hyper green /25's usually go for 99 cents plus shipping, his a few months ago went for over 60, granted the recent one went for 18

his superfractor auto bowman chrome went for 3500

the UD HEROES CARDS OF HIM GO FOR OVER 100 IF NUMBERED LOW ENOUGH WITH A PATCH

EVERYTHING GOES SO HIGH

BUT I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

bigalexx
Miguel Cabrera
10alex10
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Nov 20 2008, 12:52 AM)
Miguel Cabrera

bahahahah

ill say,
colt brennan
marcus42
Any NFL rookie that sells well before backing it up on the field...though they haven't 'played' as the title of the thread states rolleyes.gif
baseballguy601
I totally agree with Ellsbury. Same thing with Clay Buchholz
Ilovetheheat
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Nov 19 2008, 11:58 PM)
Any NFL rookie that sells well before backing it up on the field...though they haven't 'played' as the title of the thread states rolleyes.gif

miguelcabrera
bucholz...nah, sure he isnt proven but his cards dont really go for too much

ellsbury is a decent player and i like the guy, but its sad when i just wanna pick up a decent card of the guy but needa pay over 50 dollars
miguelcabrera
also bixalexx i kinda agree with u, miguel cabrera is prettty overrated in the hobby but not the MOST overrated, id have to go with ellsbury or some NFL rookies, then the next handful miggy would be included in because his autos do go for more than other players of his caliber, kinda unfair since i collect him but im gunna have to pay those prices so what can u do.
coltsfan23
QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Nov 19 2008, 11:32 PM)
also bixalexx i kinda agree with u, miguel cabrera is prettty overrated in the hobby but not the MOST overrated, id have to go with ellsbury or some NFL rookies, then the next handful miggy would be included in because his autos do go for more than other players of his caliber, kinda unfair since i collect him but im gunna have to pay those prices so what can u do.

Such as? I'd love to hear examples.

When he played 3rd, he was a bit below Wright although his autos sold a little less than half of Wright.

I think he tends to be a lower seller than he should be.

Miggy hit 37 HR and 127 RBIs this year. Name one person with those numbers that sells lower than him.
ffman
Darren McFadden

I agree. In the past I have saw his autographs go below $10; Wright's are usually $25+ at the very least.

QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Nov 20 2008, 04:19 PM)
Such as? I'd love to hear examples.

When he played 3rd, he was a bit below Wright although his autos sold a little less than half of Wright.

Miggy hit 37 HR and 127 RBIs this year. Name one person with those numbers that sells lower than him.

snkpoct137
QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Nov 20 2008, 06:19 PM)

For the player he is, he is definitiely underrated money and cardwise
miguelcabrera
yeah i was just being sarcastic
MVPujols
Yeah Cabrera's stuff is pretty cheap and for his caliber he's a solid guy to collect. Yankee's and Red Sox stuff goes higher than it should for the most part, but they are 2 of the most popular teams. Colt Brenan was a good pick for overrated as he might never see any playing time.
chopinalex
QUOTE(MVPujols @ Nov 20 2008, 04:51 PM)
Yeah Cabrera's stuff is pretty cheap and for his caliber he's a solid guy to collect. Yankee's and Red Sox stuff goes higher than it should for the most part, but they are 2 of the most popular teams. Colt Brenan was a good pick for overrated as he might never see any playing time.

yeah i am surprised on how low his stuff is..I had a on card auto of him and traded for lots of things...but now i want one again...on card though!
miguelcabrera
i have a bunch of on card autos of him NFT though sry, plus im on CTO here anyways
snkpoct137
QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Nov 20 2008, 06:48 PM)
yeah i was just being sarcastic

no, u really werent...
miguelcabrera
yep i was .......
snkpoct137
QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Nov 20 2008, 01:32 AM)

QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Nov 20 2008, 08:24 PM)
yep i was .......

certainly doesnt sound like u were being sarcastic....
dodgerblue38501
Unproven rookies will always be over-valued coming into the NBA and NFL. Some live up to the hype, most do not. It is kind of the same way in baseball too though. When a baseball prospect gets hot, his Chrome AUTOS and Refractors go insane. Most of the time he hasn't even seen a major league ballpark yet either. These crazy sell prices leave no room for any upside in the card. $800 for a Bowman Chrome Refractor AUTO of a minor leaguer doesn't make sense when you could grab several high grade RCs of Hall of Famers with the same dough. There are many undervalued players as well. A few in baseball in my opinion: Miguel Cabrera, Manny Ramirez, Chipper Jones, and Vladimir Guerrero.
PJRoxx
Get ready for the bashing ...
Adrian Peterson.

He's a very solid player who had a good rookie year and is one of the best running backs in the NFL right now. But he's played two seasons, and his autos often sell higher than even guys like Walter Payton and Johnny Unitas. Ridiculous.
I'm not discounting him as a player, but when you look at what people spend on him, he's definitely overrated.
coltsfan23
QUOTE(PJRoxx @ Nov 21 2008, 12:22 PM)
But he's played two seasons, and his autos often sell higher than even guys like Walter Payton and Johnny Unitas. Ridiculous.

Want to show me ANY examples of this? Even many of his RC year autos can be had for under $100 now, while Unitas autos are 200+ and Walter Payton autos are easily over Peterson's. That's an EXTREMELY ignorant comment.

There are a very FEW select highend cards that are RC autos of Petersons (like Exquisite auto/patches that are amazing /ed low) that go over base Unitas and Payton autos. Very few though, very few! And I'm pretty sure the Unitas or Payton would sell a hella lot higher if they were RC autos too as opposed to regular base autos.

Your comparison is very off and is easily wrong.

PJRoxx
Before you start insulting people ...

Walter Payton 99 Donruss Gridiron Kings Auto sold for $200

91 Pro Line Walter Payton auto sold for $104

Not including the several 07 National Treasures cut autos that have sold for $200 or less, or the original phone cards that have sold for under $100.

As for good ol' "AD" ...

Playoff Contenders RC sold for $330, sticker auto

Finext Xfractor /50 sold for $275

And as for your comment that you can find "several" of his rookie autos for under $100, the only completed rookie year auctions of his that have gone under $100 are the Topps Performance auto.

QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Nov 21 2008, 01:39 PM)
Want to show me ANY examples of this? Even many of his RC year autos can be had for under $100 now, while Unitas autos are 200+ and Walter Payton autos are easily over Peterson's. That's an EXTREMELY ignorant comment.

There are a very FEW select highend cards that are RC autos of Petersons (like Exquisite auto/patches that are amazing /ed low) that go over base Unitas and Payton autos. Very few though, very few! And I'm pretty sure the Unitas or Payton would sell a hella lot higher if they were RC autos too as opposed to regular base autos.

Your comparison is very off and is easily wrong.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.