Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Lack of collectors in large cities.
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
STLcardinals888
I was just thinking why is there hardly any collectors in citites like New York and Los Angeles. I would think that that is where most people in these forums would be from. Maybe card collecting isn't big in cities. I dont know...
osufan2383
I don't think you can really call it a lack of collector's. But i mean i see alot of collectors at the rothstein show in white plains every few months. Collectors may not be from the city. because dealers may not sell in the city as much
STLcardinals888
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Nov 16 2008, 04:12 PM)
I don't think you can really call it a lack of collector's. But i mean i see alot of collectors at the rothstein show in white plains every few months. Collectors may not be from the city. because dealers may not sell in the city as much

I have been to the white plains show and i think most of those people are from CT/Westchester and maybe NJ. Speaking of that when will that show be back?
coltsfan23
There are a lot of collectors from the LA and NY area... They are generally the highend collectors, which is why most aren't on this forum. They are mainly on Ebay and some of the other bigger forums.
19th Century Indiana Jones
QUOTE(STLcardinals888 @ Nov 16 2008, 03:41 PM)
I was just thinking why is there hardly any collectors in citites like New York and Los Angeles. I would think that that is where most people in these forums would be from. Maybe card collecting isn't big in cities. I dont know...

I live in New York City.
STLcardinals888
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Nov 16 2008, 04:17 PM)
I live in New York City.

I know I thought of you when i made this.
STLcardinals888
QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Nov 16 2008, 04:17 PM)
There are a lot of collectors from the LA and NY area... They are generally the highend collectors, which is why most aren't on this forum. They are mainly on Ebay and some of the other bigger forums.

I talking about actaully in the city for example Manhattan and downtown la
coltsfan23
QUOTE(STLcardinals888 @ Nov 16 2008, 03:25 PM)
I talking about actaully in the city for example Manhattan and downtown la

Yeah, I'm sure there are a good amount, mainly on Ebay selling.

Although, I highly doubt most of the rich people who work a lot from there actually would waste a lot of time on card forums.
QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Nov 16 2008, 04:28 PM)
Yeah, I'm sure there are a good amount, mainly on Ebay selling.

Although, I highly doubt most of the rich people who work a lot from there actually would waste a lot of time on card forums.

Hey! Well, you're probably right..... dry.gif
coltsfan23
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Nov 16 2008, 03:36 PM)
Hey! Well, you're probably right..... dry.gif

Does this mean you're rich? laugh.gif

STLcardinals888
QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Nov 16 2008, 04:37 PM)
Does this mean you're rich?  laugh.gif

laugh.gif
QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Nov 16 2008, 04:37 PM)
Does this mean you're rich?  laugh.gif

I'm on here, ain't I?
miguelcabrera
im a 2 minute walk from downtown boston...but i guess boston isnt considered a big city
STLcardinals888
QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Nov 16 2008, 04:47 PM)
im a 2 minute walk from downtown boston...but i guess boston isnt considered a big city

I would consider it big.
osufan2383
i think its usually in october i am going this year i havent gone since around 2001 last time i went i had a great time though i bought 3 boxes of cards and i rem pulling a jamaal magloire auto jersey out of black diamond basketball my first one ever and it was a redemption. i also remember getting 2000 paramount and pulling about 4 or 5 bradys out of it
bigalexx
How did you come up with this opinion, I find it completely false, and I live in LA.
finestkind
Some cities still have sports card collecting clubs. I know Boston does. Like this one Greater Boston Sports Collectors Club.
STLcardinals888
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Nov 16 2008, 06:29 PM)
How did you come up with this opinion, I find it completely false, and I live in LA.

Thats 2 out of 23,00 members. And if you read the other posts im talking about downtown LA not a suburb like El Segundo.
miguelcabrera
im in downtown boston pretty much, so count me!
STLcardinals888
QUOTE(miguelcabrera @ Nov 16 2008, 07:38 PM)
im in downtown boston pretty much, so count me!

okay... 3 out of 23,000 mellow.gif
bigalexx
QUOTE(STLcardinals888 @ Nov 16 2008, 04:22 PM)
Thats 2 out of 23,00 members. And if you read the other posts im talking about downtown LA not a suburb like El Segundo.

Oh I see. That is because Downtown LA is primarily a low income neighborhood.
marcus42
I'm sure if you broke it down it wouldn't be as low as you think.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.