Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts on advertising ebay auctions on TCC?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
STLcardinals888
What do you guys think about members advertising their eBay listings in the Marketplace forums?
joe31
i dont really have a problem with it. it helps them get their cards out for sale to more people. i also like looking at some
ffman
I don't see a huge need for posting topics about every auction you have, but I think it is alright to post a topic or two advertising "hot" cards or something that you want attention for.
19th Century Indiana Jones
No problem with that here. Ebay is an auction site with many items that have to do with the hobby. And quite a few times it alerts some to items others may never have thought of or might have an interest in.

TCC is ill-equipped to hold such auctions, and thus holding auctions on TCC is forbidden.
snowblink
I don't care for it. It's easy enough to go to the bay a do a search if you are after something.

I think it takes away from the board feel to have them in the forums.
coltsfan23
QUOTE(snowblink @ Nov 13 2008, 07:40 PM)
I don't care for it. It's easy enough to go to the bay a do a search if you are after something.

I think it takes away from the board feel to have them in the forums.

It's just a post here and there, though. There are barely any to make much a difference, I feel.

It's similar to selling a card here, but you are just letting people know that it's for sale but on Ebay too. Similar things, I think.
baseballguy601
I don't have a problem with it, even though seeing too many post about eBay stuff sometimes gets annoying.
sschind
I don't like it unless its clearly marked in the subject line that its ebay. There are few things more frustrating than seeing a subject line that sounds like a card you are interested in and then opening it and finding an ebay auction. If I were running the show I would have a special section for ebay listings separate from the for sale board.
osufan2383
i think its ok as long as they dont advertise other peoples in my opinion
autocut
QUOTE(STLcardinals888 @ Nov 13 2008, 05:27 PM)
What do you guys think about members advertising their eBay listings in the Marketplace forums?

Waste of time as no one buys anymore.
athopesend
I dont see a problem with it as long as it clearly states in the title: ebay auction. A separate forum would be nice for those, but not necessary. Maybe adding an Ebay section and/or an Box Break section to the Everything Else Emporium could be an idea to help clear up some of the posts in the Marketplace section.
19th Century Indiana Jones
QUOTE(autocut @ Nov 15 2008, 10:03 PM)
Waste of time as no one buys anymore.

I am a buyer. smile.gif
Johnny Number 5
I buy as well

j55555555555555555555
Hawksfan28
I think its fantastic. Some collectors have some good auctions.

The only beef I have ever had with ebay was that it killed the local card shows and local card stores. Now days you can find anything you want online.
MVPujols
no problems here
sgmco
annoying
Tick-Tock-Man
I think it's good if the title has ebay on it. (someone should make suggestion, to
make it a rule)
dd316
Doesn't bother me, although it's nice when the poster mentions "Ebay" in the thread title, so you know what you're clicking on.
sschind
QUOTE(Hawksfan28 @ Nov 17 2008, 03:34 PM)
I think its fantastic. Some collectors have some good auctions.

The only beef I have ever had with ebay was that it killed the local card shows and local card stores. Now days you can find anything you want online.

Ebay didn't kill those things. It was everybody buying off ebay that killed those things. It doesn't matter what is for sale or how cheap it is, If nobody buys it it won't fly. Its convenient to blame Ebay but if you have ever bought or sold on Ebay you have to shoulder a bit of the responsibility yourself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.