Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Ultimate Collection Baseball
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
snkpoct137
HORRRRRIBLEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2293

1 hit per $82, am i reading that correctly? If so that is absolutely stupid and i expect this product to drop in price atleast 30 bux or so
xxxoooxxxNick
thats a pretty big ripoff, uness u get some really nice git BVD like 80$, just buy when it goes down.
MVPujols
we will have to see what comes out of it, but I imagine there are going to be alot of horrible boxes at $80-90 per crack. ohmy.gif
aceecards
that sound you hear is the sound of groan of another UD customer pulling a USA Junior Team auto of some whozit who quits playing baseball during college!

Oy Vay..
dd316
Sounds like every other high-end UD product. Wonder how many Melvin Moras will find their way into this set? rolleyes.gif
TheCircusMonkey
This configuration change is going to kill this release. I hope the product managers at Upper Deck for the other sports don't repeat this gun-to-the-head SKU change.
ffman
Why even put those into regular UD product - create a separate USA product! If I wanted USA team autographs of people who might not sniff the major leagues I would buy the proper product!

QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 11 2008, 10:10 AM)
that sound you hear is the sound of groan of another UD customer pulling a USA Junior Team auto of some whozit who quits playing baseball during college!

Oy Vay..

cardinal
"ONE Autograph, MEMORABILIA , or Autograph Memorabilia card per pack, on average!"

imagine paying 82 dollars and getting a not numbered base jersey card. i really wanna see some vids of ppl opening these and see the kind of cards you can get.
snkpoct137
QUOTE(cardinal @ Nov 11 2008, 04:22 PM)
"ONE Autograph, MEMORABILIA , or Autograph Memorabilia card per pack, on average!"

imagine paying 82 dollars and getting a not numbered base jersey card. i really wanna see some vids of ppl opening these and see the kind of cards you can get.

im sure there are a lot of boxes like that to sad.gif

i bet we dont see more then 5 of those boxes opened here...
STLcardinals888
Wow, I hope this is not foreshadowing the future of this hobby. mad.gif
runepcc03
Up until last year, you only got 1 hit per $100 msrp pack of Ultimate Collection. The only difference with this is that instead of being 4 mini boxes or packs per box, they are simply just loose packs now. That could be good for the overall set-up becuase you don't have to worry if someone already pulled the patch out of the box, you should have equal odds. And if we remember, they upped Ultimate to 3 hits per pack last year and it is now the lowest priced Ultimate Collection you can get. So quantity doesn't equal quality. There will be some bad boxes, but I bet if you buy 4 of them you will probably find something nice. Last year, Ultimate was $300 per box when it came out, so the prices are actually pretty similar to buy 4 of these. The 1 hit from these boxes may end up being better than 2 common unnumbered jerseys and a common unnumbered auto from a 2007 Ultimate pack.
imacrackr
Its the same amount as buying a box of Ultimate before so its not a big deal to me. Just open it in the store and gamble if you hit big in one or 2 boxes u save a lot of money over last years product
chewbaca1972
God I hope that UD is not considering this to be their marketing schemes of the future...

If so, I won't ever buy them again...
Tick-Tock-Man
$82 is too much of a gamble, your right.
Luke2411
Actually, from what I've seen this hasn't turned out too badly. Most people that have broken cases (15 boxes) are getting 13 or 14 autographed memorabilia cards on average. Also, they are cards where the player actually signed the piece of jersey. If not, then they are still on-card autos. It's not a bad looking product. Here are some shots I stole from eBay.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

wlalocal
Looks like some nice hits in this stuff, but I'll stick to buying singles.
I Love Product
The one hit in this year's packs are a lot better than the multiple hits in last year's packs.
NYStateOfMind1976
I agree the hits look okay but I am going to stick with getting my hands on the singles I want. The price just seems a bit inflated to me.
Icrackwax
I think this years Ultimate Baseball was pretty good. While I agree it's a little overpriced, the hits look nice and are really sick. Most of the hits are autographs on a jumbo jersey. You can't beat that now can you? I'm not going to buy a box of this, but I will be buying quite a few singles because they look azaming. Out of ten, I think this is about where it ranks:

Autos- 6/10
Game Used- 7/10
Overall Value- 6/10

You don't get your money back, but you get a nice looking card.
accdadeal
The one box I got was a DICE K redeemption Auto Road Jersey #D/10
So I liked it
matty18
QUOTE(runepcc03 @ Nov 11 2008, 07:47 PM)
Up until last year, you only got 1 hit per $100 msrp pack of Ultimate Collection. The only difference with this is that instead of being 4 mini boxes or packs per box, they are simply just loose packs now. That could be good for the overall set-up becuase you don't have to worry if someone already pulled the patch out of the box, you should have equal odds. And if we remember, they upped Ultimate to 3 hits per pack last year and it is now the lowest priced Ultimate Collection you can get. So quantity doesn't equal quality. There will be some bad boxes, but I bet if you buy 4 of them you will probably find something nice. Last year, Ultimate was $300 per box when it came out, so the prices are actually pretty similar to buy 4 of these. The 1 hit from these boxes may end up being better than 2 common unnumbered jerseys and a common unnumbered auto from a 2007 Ultimate pack.

for a highend product I prefer boxed packs, they can't as easily be "searched, check "pack searching" on youtube to see what I mean.
poodlum
melvin mora is a solid player yes u will lose alot of money but he is better than josh willingham
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.