Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 Topps Football Letterman?
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Product Reviews
catcherball
Has anyone seen or heard the Topps Letterman is its release on 10/29? I cant find anyone that has had a break or anything on Youtube? Anyone seen it or know where I can see some personal product reviews/breaks?
xxxoooxxxNick
topps pushed release date for somewhere in december for some reason. check blowout for actual date.
fsabala
i think its the first week of december
Rhody_Red_Pats
Looks like this product has been released... and I think it needed more time. I just found this card on eBay:

user posted image

yuck! sick.gif
Stlouisrams1600
Is That A Sticker On A Patch?
Wow.
Thats Sad!
jwman92
Have you seen the foldouts?
user posted image

SAHWEET!
fsabala
i just saw the cards....wow (in a bad way). it's bad enough it's mostly manufactured patches but stickers on top of them? come on now.
jam92102
Can't believe they did stickers on lettermens!! I'd be ticked if I paid that much for a box and the lettermen isn't even signed!
imacrackr
TOPPS DROPPED THE BALL BIG TIME

How do they push the product back by over a month and have sticker autos on everything? I'd be surprised big time if these dont drop in price a ton. Just a slap in the face for the collectors
chewbaca1972
Another horrible failure from Topps...
aceecards
i keep reminded ya. Topps did this in 2006 Paradigm their highest end high end! sad.gif
fredbird2
It's horrible look at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-TOPPS-LETTERMAN-F...A1%7C240%3A1318
fredbird2
It's horrible look at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-TOPPS-LETTERMAN-F...A1%7C240%3A1318
cardinal
topps disappoints me on this one
PedroFelizFan7
They probably thought it was a good idea,trying not to copy other letterman autos.
They thought wrong.
hhorton513
Another reason for me to stay away from Topps. I'm just guessing, but wouldn't the stickers come off of the material after some time? $160+ per box....

Last hope for me is Triple Threads.
webbgem
Ok...I can understand some stickers...but stickers on letter patches...that is just horrible...I will not be busting this product. Does Topps know that if they had a product with on card autos that many of us would all over it. At least get on card autos on the high end stuff.
degibson84
Topps is one brand i usually stay away from
benshobbies
QUOTE(webbgem @ Dec 2 2008, 05:20 PM)
Ok...I can understand some stickers...but stickers on letter patches...that is just horrible...I will not be busting this product.  Does Topps know that if they had a product with on card autos that many of us would all over it.  At least get on card autos on the high end stuff.

2008-09 Topps Basketball NBA photoshoot RC autos are on-card and they look beautiful! Also look at 2008 Bowman Chrome Baseball. I know Topps can do it and when they do the product goes from good to amazing. They did such a good job on 2008-09 Topps Letterman Basketball that I do not know why they failed miserably on Football. I have seen tons of box breaks on youtube today and I do not think I have seen any Mendenhalls or Ryans pulled yet. I think I am sticking to 2008 Bowman Chrome Football.
vslyke
QUOTE(fredbird2 @ Nov 28 2008, 07:56 PM)

Hideous. Why not move the patch up (or cut some of the white space) and put the sticker below? Or just sign on the patch?
RaidersFan4Life
They are horrible i will never buy another pack of this at 80 dollars from my local shop and 240 i think a box total rip off! I wouldnt be suprised if topps gets alot of greef over this product absolutely horrible!! Companys went to crazy with manufactured patches.
dielonthug
Idk I guess I didnt think this wasnt a terrible product. first off its only 140 a box now on blowout which i think is alot more reasonable. and yes, i dont like the design with the stickers, that was a mistake, but the foldouts and booklets are beautiful. I think one thing they did that is better than the basketball, and people will probably disagree with me, is that they got rid of all the 1/1s that the basketball had. Letterman basketball made the 1/1 irrelevant with the high number of 1/1s per case.
michiganmaniac94
Did anyone pull anything David Harris from this product?? I know he is in here
NYStateOfMind1976
I broke down and got a couple....Horrible product. What was topps thinking.......
dodgerblue38501
2006 Topps Paradigm.....2007 Topps Performance....2008 Topps Letterman.......three strikes and you're out! Let Playoff and UD handle high end and just stick to mid range products please. I'm scared of what Triple Threads may become and the yet to be released 2008 Topps Sterling Football.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.