Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: how awesome/unique is this card?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
marcus42
check this card out!

eBay Auction (Item number: 260312983505)

a cut of Sammy Baugh that has a George Halas in the cut autograph too!

how awesome is that!
imacrackr
why doesnt t say both of their names on the back of the card?
marcus42
QUOTE(imacrackr @ Nov 9 2008, 11:33 PM)
why doesnt t say both of their names on the back of the card?

I'm assuming DLP didn't notice the Halas signature when it was produced...it would've been an amazing idea to have both figures on the card!
osufan2383
that is very cool looking are you going to bid on it
marcus42
I wish, don't have the funds to do!
bigalexx
The Ink looks pretty dark on the Halas cut signature. I would think that both signatures would've faded a bit, not just one. Plus the signature has some flaws to some PSA/DNA Certs on ebay. It looks like the Halas was forged onto the card after the card was produced. Just me $0.02 wink.gif
10alex10
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Nov 11 2008, 12:01 AM)
The Ink looks pretty dark on the Halas cut signature. I would think that both signatures would've faded a bit, not just one. Plus the signature has some flaws to some PSA/DNA Certs on ebay. It looks like the Halas was forged onto the card after the card was produced. Just me $0.02 wink.gif

or they signed with a different pen?..
marcus42
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Nov 10 2008, 11:01 PM)

very possible...

Man I would be ticked if someone would ruin a cut auto like that!
bigalexx
QUOTE(10alex10 @ Nov 10 2008, 08:04 PM)
or they signed with a different pen?..

Even so, there still would be some fading to the ink, plus that doesn't explain why the signature looks different than the PSA/DNA Certs.
Iplayfootball_90
If someone ruined a very nice cut auto of Sammy Baugh with a forged signature of Halas, they need to be smacked in the head.
dd316
The "G" in George goes under the window, I don't think it was added after the card was produced. Its authenticity is another story...
bigalexx
Look the "G" in Halas's signature, look at the frame right above it, if you look closely it looks like the frame in that spot is bent.
Lockdown32
I would email dlp. They are usually good about letting you know if a card they made was altered. I would think with cut autos they would have noticed if that sig was there. So i am sure they can answer that.
19th Century Indiana Jones
Something doesn't smell right with that card.
fsabala
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Nov 11 2008, 07:14 PM)

yea Halas's auto doesn't look as faded as Baugh's but i don't know..
dd316
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Nov 11 2008, 07:14 PM)

How can you smell it, are you the seller? wink.gif tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.