Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Is it just me?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
wezz60
I don't know if I'm the only one feeling this, but trading on this site for me has been really really down. I haven't been able to make a trade in near a month for some reason. Not that I haven't been in trade talks, I've been in like 5, but the people NEVER GET BACK TO ME! dry.gif mad.gif

There honestly should be some type of a fine for people who don't respond. I mean, I hate that. If you don't like my offer, counter offer or say no, but don't leave me wondering, how lazy are you to not type "no thanks"

Sorry for the bit of a rant, my day has been down and I'm feeling rather crabby. For some reason lately, nothing has been going the way I'd like.

But back to topic, are any of you guys in a slump or is it just me?
booth9919
trading is way down, has been for a few months
coltsfan23
On this forum it is down a lot. It isn't as much down in other places, I've noticed.

Overall though, I'd have to say it's taken a dip.
Stlouisrams1600
I've Been On A Hot Streak Lately But Soon Im Not Going To be Able To Make A Trade. My Luck....
metsfan2427
I have seen trading drop up big time for me esp on here. i made like 13-15 trades a month know i am down to just a couple
wezz60
At least it isn't just me. I mean, I was ripping off like 20 a month. Now I haven't made one in almost a month
osufan2383
well i think one of the reasons trading is down is because alot of the people on here are in school whether it be college or high school or even grade school and with the economy the way it is, people are less likely to buy or trade
wezz60
True, I'm just kinda down not getting anything in the mail haha laugh.gif
xxxoooxxxNick
maybe its because people r sick of seeing the same old stuff in buckets?
bigalexx
QUOTE(wezz60 @ Nov 9 2008, 10:29 AM)
There honestly should be some type of a fine for people who don't respond.

Should people also get fined for breathing other peoples air?

Thats crazy talk.
wezz60
QUOTE(bigalexx @ Nov 9 2008, 03:37 PM)
Should people also get fined for breathing other peoples air?

Thats crazy talk.

No, it's just common courtesy.
basketballstar21
It seems that it's always been like that, but I usually sell more than I trade, but its not really like that on other sites.
autocut
QUOTE(wezz60 @ Nov 9 2008, 01:29 PM)
I don't know if I'm the only one feeling this, but trading on this site for me has been really really down. I haven't been able to make a trade in near a month for some reason. Not that I haven't been in trade talks, I've been in like 5, but the people NEVER GET BACK TO ME!  dry.gif  mad.gif

There honestly should be some type of a fine for people who don't respond. I mean, I hate that. If you don't like my offer, counter offer or say no, but don't leave me wondering, how lazy are you to not type "no thanks"

Sorry for the bit of a rant, my day has been down and I'm feeling rather crabby. For some reason lately, nothing has been going the way I'd like.

Trading is down, people buying is non-existant.
ffman
Trading is actually up a little for me, but:

1. I am trading for fairly low-end cards right now.

2. Most of the time, I have no trades going.

Right now I have three trades here, one on the Bench, and one on SCF.
chopinalex
i have made one trade in past month to month and a half..it is indeed slow here..if u dont have gold no one wants to trade with u..
wezz60
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Nov 9 2008, 09:03 PM)
i have made one trade in past month to month and a half..it is indeed slow here..if u dont have gold no one wants to trade with u..

I know what you mean...I was just looking for some base and got no responses
ffman
That's the problem with trading. If you don't have something good, many people won't trade. If you want to trade something low-end, many people view it as a waste of time/cash. It can be hard to find a middle ground.

QUOTE(wezz60 @ Nov 9 2008, 08:17 PM)
I know what you mean...I was just looking for some base and got no responses

vslyke
I'm primarily a low to middle end trader, and some people just don't care about that. But trading is booming for me, I've probably done 10 trades in the last month. Before, I was at 3 or so.
wezz60
Here's another thing that has been killing me lately:

People OVERVALUING THEIR CARDS!

I was just on SCF looking for some LeBron base...this guy has 10 (they book 50 all together) and he asks for a Kobe triple GU/100 in return! I'm sitting here laughing thinking "Dude, are you serious? When I say base for GU, there is no way I'm trading at FULL BV!" That's insane! I could pick them up for like 50 cents at a card show, I mean c'mon be realistic
autocut
QUOTE(ffman @ Nov 9 2008, 09:19 PM)
That's the problem with trading.  If you don't have something good, many people won't trade.  If you want to trade something low-end, many people view it as a waste of time/cash.  It can be hard to find a middle ground.

My problem is, no one has what I'm looking for. Most stuff I want is hard to find.
sebredsox24
id say about 1/4 of my trade offers dont even get a response, now these are fair offers. if you dont like them then just say no thanks. is that really too much to ask? i go on trade streaks, 10 in a week, then none in a week.
jmarino76
im having the same problem as all the other low end traders out there
nobody wants base game used
never mind rookies, base or inserts

people say there is an inflation of game used cards so they are becoming worthless. but who cares if its the team or player you collect.
NGWH Sports Cards
It is really down on here, and has been for about 5 months.
northicehero99
Interesting comments, and yes trading is down. I have been doing more buying than trading. As others have said unless you have "hot" cards people seem to not find interest in what you have. I think I have some decent stuff on my tradelist, but cannot find the right people with cards I want. If and when I do, something seems to foul it up, either they want two cards I have, but I cannot find something else I like, or something similar. I hope things turn around otherwise I am going to have to have a fire sale of about 50-100 gu cards or maybe just a fire. laugh.gif

It is what it is, just have to try to keep looking for those that are willing to trade, I guess.
snowblink
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Nov 9 2008, 07:03 PM)
..if u dont have gold no one wants to trade with u..

What's sad is that this is true everywhere. People really want gold these days. Nobody is trading base. blink.gif
ffman
A little different for me - no one who wants what I have has what I'm looking for.

I'm also considering trying to get some of Sosa's "rarer" inserts from the 90s, but hardly anyone here has insert cards available for trade unless they are fairly common.

QUOTE(autocut @ Nov 9 2008, 09:21 PM)
My problem is, no one has what I'm looking for. Most stuff I want is hard to find.

tj2373
It has slowed down for me, mainly due to school, work, family, holidays coming up. I do agree if you are in trade negotiations your potential trade partner should be courteous and respond if your offer is fair and reasonable. Then again, you need to show some patience on your part and realize that people here have lives outside of this hobby.
PJRoxx
Low end trading for me is way up, I've pretty much given up on high end trading. I prefer trading for low end cards (Eddie Royal Topps Chrome parallels, etc.). It doesn't make much sense to spend $1 on a card and have a seller charge you $3.50 shipping.
On the other hand, if there's a mid range or high dollar card I want, I'll just buy it. I got tired of playing the game of "I saw my card go for X amount on eBay, so I want more" and at the same time, Beckett pricing is really outdated. After I had a $350 Favre auto stolen from me in a trade a few years ago (on another site, not this one) I pretty much gave up on high dollar trading.
fsabala
i like TCC but this site is not for high end trading. i usually do mid end trade stuff here and thats down too.
fsabala
and i feel like a lot of people here way overvalue their cards and are not as mature as on other sites. i have met some people here that i've tried to trade with that have given me some nasty attitudes.
vslyke
There are some nasty attitudes on here.
wezz60
QUOTE(fsabala @ Nov 12 2008, 10:00 PM)
and i feel like a lot of people here way overvalue their cards and are not as mature as on other sites. i have met some people here that i've tried to trade with that have given me some nasty attitudes.

Word. Same exact thing with me on here. There are some great traders on here though, and I was fortunate enough to get a second trade with one of these members posted last night. Jeremy (ilovetheheat) is a class act and a pleasure to deal with.
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(wezz60 @ Nov 13 2008, 04:05 PM)
Jeremy (ilovetheheat) is a class act and a pleasure to deal with.

That he is...
ffman
MICHAEL!

QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Nov 13 2008, 05:12 PM)
That he is...

kooljazz1966
I would say don't get discouraged. Be patient and things will eventually click for all parties involved.
snowblink
QUOTE(wezz60 @ Nov 9 2008, 11:29 AM)

Definitely, but that's likely because I'm looking back a few more years than a lot of current members seem to have been collecting for, so they just don't have what I want. (Which is sort of sad since it's less than 15, but what do you do?)

So that in turn usually means I don't have the brand new stuff they are after.

So what to do? Just check the shows and the bay in the meantime....share the stuff that does arrive. cool.gif
wezz60
I think a found a sure fire way to get things going...post scans of your best stuff in the thread and write the word "SCANS!!" in the title. It may be cheesy, but i've made a trade the past three days after not trading for a month! One on here and two on sports. Card freaks. On here, I got an amazing card, and on scf, I got a sweet PC add and two other real nice cards. It's been a great trade week for me! (ain't that ironic)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.