Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Did UD Shaft me?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
stevenmel13
I break cases of product and several months ago I hit a streak of not getting my case hits.

a 1/1 auto from UD Heroes Fb
2 auto jerseys # /15 or less from UD Heroes Fb
an auto from Legendary Cuts baseball
a Goudey Buy Back from Goudey Baseball

I received in the mail today the following from UD

2007 SP Sign of the Times Robert Meacham auto
2007 SP Sign of the Times Trent Edwards auto
2006 Flair Showcase Fresh Ink Laurence Maroney auto
2008 Masterpieces Stroke of Genius Marc Bulger auto
2008 SP Authentics Clay Buchholz auto jersey # /999
2008 SP Legendary Cuts Al Kaline auto # /199
2007 SP Legendary Cuts Reel of History Lou Gehrig 1/1 Film Reel (not a true 1/1)

Anyone else feel I was shafted?
ffman
I think you did alright, although it could have always been a better package.

- You got your Legendary Cuts autograph, plus an extra card from the product (a 1/1, true or not, of one of the best players to play the game).

- You were missing three autographs from FB and got four, although one should have been a 1/1. However, the Trent Edwards is a fairly nice rookie autograph card.

- How you did on the Bucholz for Goudey is debatable right now.
chopinalex
hmmmm unless none of those pieces are PC..ya u got shafted!
stevenmel13
QUOTE(ffman @ Nov 6 2008, 06:17 PM)
I think you did alright, although it could have always been a better package.

- You got your Legendary Cuts autograph, plus an extra card from the product (a 1/1, true or not, of one of the best players to play the game).

- You were missing three autographs from FB and got four, although one should have been a 1/1.  However, the Trent Edwards is a fairly nice rookie autograph card.

- How you did on the Bucholz for Goudey is debatable right now.

but I opened up 2008 product and got 2007
plus they sent me a Maroney already for something else.
and I think these autos would sell for crap.
stevenmel13
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Nov 6 2008, 06:24 PM)
hmmmm  unless none of those pieces are PC..ya u got shafted!

nope not one is pc unless you consider pc pure crap
Johnny Number 5
not so bad.........................

meachem ft?
j5
stevenmel13
QUOTE(Johnny Number 5 @ Nov 6 2008, 08:18 PM)
not so bad.........................
meachem ft?
j5

wanna see what UD is gonna do first.
northicehero99
Do not think it was a great replacement, but then again who knows who the 1/1 auto out of Heroes would have been. You will never feel you got equal value, as who knows what you would have pulled had those cards been in the boxes. You are basically at the mercy of UD, but at least they try, I mean T Edwards auto is decent. See my post about my recent Topps replacement and you will feel UD gave you a better deal.
Stlouisrams1600
Its 50-50
bigalexx
You definitely got the shaft. Who were the players of the cards you redeemed?
THUNDER9
ANYBODY NOTICING A TREND HERE? UD, TOPPS, AND, TO SOME EXTENT, DLP HAS CONTINUED TO WATER DOWN THEIR PRODUCT "HITS" WHILE CONTINUEING TO TAKE OUR HARD EARNED CASH FOR THEIR PRODUCT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RARELY MAKING HOBBYIST HAPPY AFTER LAPSES IN QUALITY CONTROL, AND AS MOST COLLECTORS (DARE I SAY INVESTORS?) ARE REALISING THAT EVEN A "CASE HIT" ISN'T GOING TO COME ANY WHERE NEAR COVERING THIER INVESTMENT. FOLKS, IT'S TIME TO LOSE THE "LOTTERY" MENTALITY OF THIS HOBBY AND RETURN TO THE TRUE ROOTS OF THE JOY OF COLLECTING. THINK ABOUT WHY YOU GOT INTO THIS HOBBY IN THE FIRST PLACE AND HOW FAR YOU'VE STRAYED FROM THAT IDEAL.
stevenmel13
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Nov 7 2008, 07:20 AM)
Do not think it was a great replacement, but then again who knows who the 1/1 auto out of Heroes would have been.  You will never feel you got equal value, as who knows what you would have pulled had those cards been in the boxes.  You are basically at the mercy of UD, but at least they try, I mean T Edwards auto is decent.  See my post about my recent Topps replacement and you will feel UD gave you a better deal.

Playoff is the best for me when it comes to replacements, they have sent me in the past a Nolan Ryan/Roger Clemens dual auto bv $600
A Jose Reyes auto # /25
A Greg Maddux 1/1 auto

I just dont think anything UD sent me compared to what I should have gotten 1/1 auto, a 1933 Goudey card, and 2 auto jerseys # /15 or less
stevenmel13
QUOTE(THUNDER9 @ Nov 7 2008, 10:41 AM)
ANYBODY NOTICING A TREND HERE? UD, TOPPS, AND, TO SOME EXTENT, DLP HAS CONTINUED TO WATER DOWN THEIR PRODUCT "HITS" WHILE CONTINUEING TO TAKE OUR HARD EARNED CASH FOR THEIR PRODUCT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RARELY MAKING HOBBYIST HAPPY AFTER LAPSES IN QUALITY CONTROL, AND AS MOST COLLECTORS (DARE I SAY INVESTORS?) ARE REALISING THAT EVEN A "CASE HIT" ISN'T GOING TO COME ANY WHERE NEAR COVERING THIER INVESTMENT. FOLKS, IT'S TIME TO LOSE THE "LOTTERY" MENTALITY OF THIS HOBBY AND RETURN TO THE TRUE ROOTS OF THE JOY OF COLLECTING. THINK ABOUT WHY YOU GOT INTO THIS HOBBY IN THE FIRST PLACE AND HOW FAR YOU'VE STRAYED FROM THAT IDEAL.

very good post, i do have customers who I fill team wantlists for though so makes it kinda tough for me to have that mentality.
northicehero99
QUOTE(THUNDER9 @ Nov 7 2008, 10:41 AM)

Althought I am not a "lottery" collector, I have to agree with your first sentences. I also though DLP watered down their products this year and it really seemed like a lot of boxes had bad returns for the money paid. I did still get some enjoyment out of some of them like Topps chrome, but others I looked at it and went why did I spend that, when I could buy what I want online for less.
degibson84
QUOTE(stevenmel13 @ Nov 6 2008, 09:10 PM)
but I opened up 2008 product and got 2007
plus they sent me a Maroney already for something else.
and I think these autos would sell for crap.

i opened up some 08 UD Heroes as well and they sent me an 07 AU and then some things that were iffy although the Marino lettermen was nice but the SPX Jordy Nelson was horrible
sasports
I wouldnt say you "got the shaft" or anything. Yeah you could have gotten some better cards or better yet cards from the sets you were shorted, but overall I think they did send some fairly decent replacements. I see quite a few decent names In the Kaline and Edwards and Meachem that should be easy to move. And the Bucholtz and Gherig are very nice pickups! As someone said before you could have pulled your 1/1s and low auto jsys and gotten a bunch of undrafted whozits that wouldnt add up to the bv of even 1 of you nicer hits.

2006 Flair Showcase Fresh Ink #FILM Laurence Maroney $60.00

I wouldnt complain about the maroney!
dd316
I have to say you got shafted on the basis that most of what they sent wasn't even from the appropriate product!
metsfan2427
I think it was pretty decent. Hey you case hits could have been worse than these.
sebredsox24
Absolutely, but it could have been worse.
stevenmel13
QUOTE(sasports @ Nov 7 2008, 03:45 PM)
I wouldnt say you "got the shaft" or anything.  Yeah you could have gotten some better cards or better yet cards from the sets you were shorted, but overall I think they did send some fairly decent replacements.  I see quite a few decent names In the Kaline and Edwards and Meachem that should be easy to move.  And the Bucholtz and Gherig are very nice pickups!  As someone said before you could have pulled your 1/1s and low auto jsys and gotten a bunch of undrafted whozits that wouldnt add up to the bv of even 1 of you nicer hits. 

2006 Flair Showcase Fresh Ink #FILM Laurence Maroney $60.00

I wouldnt complain about the maroney!

if you go by sv, its horrible
The Kaline sells for around $6
The Buchholz doesnt sell for much
The Edwards is decent at $15-$18
Meachem sells for around $3
and I would be surprised if the Gehrig brings more then $50 (although im hoping for more) there are 473 of these so called "1 of 1's"
And I think the Maroney goes for no more then $15

Dont think thats too good, I rather have taken my chances with my pulls.
stevenmel13
QUOTE(dd316 @ Nov 7 2008, 04:27 PM)
I have to say you got shafted on the basis that most of what they sent wasn't even from the appropriate product!

I couldnt agree more.
I think I am going to start a boycott all UD products and advise others to do the same until they make this right.
stevenmel13
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Nov 7 2008, 04:51 PM)
I think it was pretty decent. Hey you case hits could have been worse than these.

and my case hits could have been a heck of a lot better.
Just the Goudey Buyback and Heroes auto jersey /15 didnt have many bad names included.

With me its principle that UD doesnt contuinue getting away with shaftting its customers.
osufan2383
did you call them to speak to someone or email them. I never had trouble with upper deck. I would call them and ask them if they can replace it with items that you were supposed to get back. I mean they are very helpful. I remember i had a redemption for a dan morgan auto and when they replaced it, they sent me a koren robinson jersey after i asked for a giants item. I calle them and sent it back out and they sent me a Kerry Collins buy back auto. You can't blame the whole company for the redemption's departments flaws those. Topps is by far the worse with that.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Nov 8 2008, 09:13 PM)
did you call them to speak to someone or email them. I never had trouble with upper deck. I would call them and ask them if they can replace it with items that you were supposed to get back. I mean they are very helpful. I remember i had a redemption for a dan morgan auto and when they replaced it, they sent me a koren robinson jersey after i asked for a giants item. I calle them and sent it back out and they sent me a Kerry Collins buy back auto. You can't blame the whole company for the redemption's departments flaws those. Topps is by far the worse with that.

UD Has Good Service On Redemptions Topps Is The Worst Like You Said.
Thats Just My Experiance.
stevenmel13
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Nov 8 2008, 09:13 PM)

actually topps is much superior for me.
i both spoke to and email mail not only someone i have dealt with regularly but the CS supervisor as well.
osufan2383
also when u called about the replacements did u send the upcs from the case or the boxes that were missing things. If they said not to then thats why you got those replacements.
stevenmel13
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Nov 9 2008, 12:07 AM)
also when u called about the replacements did u send the upcs from the case or the boxes that were missing things. If they said not to then thats why you got those replacements.

yes i did
osufan2383
than you should have gotten something from the same product back i would complain
stevenmel13
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Nov 9 2008, 02:35 PM)
than you should have gotten something from the same product back i would complain

believe me I have complained and it hasnt done any good.
this package was supposed to be from the customer service supervisor, dont know who to go to next.
osufan2383
i am sure he has a boss who he has to answer to go to him this time. I would go higher than what you normally can on this one
stevenmel13
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Nov 10 2008, 11:16 AM)
i am sure he has a boss who he has to answer to go to him this time. I would go higher than what you normally can on this one

now i would have to find out who his boss is and getting in contact with him and getting through to him, next to impossible.

ive told them of my intentions to boycott their products and to make others aware of what they pull, hopefully that will accomplish 2 things.
making consumers aware and getting them and maybe getting UD to do something to rectify this if they see I am serious about this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.