Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Can DLP thrive on legends and prospects?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
ffman
Recently DLP released 2008 Donruss Threads - their first baseball product apart from 2007 Donruss EEE last year. Threads combines a mixture of legends and prospects, allowing DLP to circumvent the lack of an MLB license. The product contains a few big names, including Rose and Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Donruss recently unveiled another baseball product for 2008 - 2008 Playoff Prime Cuts IV.

ffman's 2008 Prime Cuts topic

In the return of their high-end product ($200, 5 cards per pack), DLP is again focusing on legends and prospects.

Can DLP continue to thrive on only legends and prospects in the baseball market?

Hallsgator
Considering HOF collectors and prospectors make up the majority of the hobby, I'd say so.
MVPujols
QUOTE(Hallsgator @ Nov 4 2008, 01:36 PM)
Considering HOF collectors and prospectors make up the majority of the hobby, I'd say so.

+1
aceecards
+2

make no doubt that Donruss is carving a niche to show mlb and mlbpa that there is a need for a third license!

since their competition in the minor league world is tristar and soon to be razor have both had minor and major success why not put the presses to work year round!
metsfan2427
If i had the money i would mind paying a pretty price for a patch of an indians who was in the hall of fame some that is very hard to find of old time players.
but it looks like a really sick product
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.