Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Cards that go for a lot more than expected on ebay
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
marcus42
Thought this would be a fun topic...post cards on ebay that go for a lot more than you would ever have imagined...

DeMarcus Ware Bowman Rookie...
eBay Auction (Item number: 360101660877)

probably shilling wink.gif
CardCraze
Shilling 100%
NovaFan10
would never think that for the ware
ffman
That's gotta be shilling.

If not, I better back out of my trade with sebredsox laugh.gif .
msuwendy
Look at the bid history....enough said smile.gif

Either that or some buyer somewhere has been severely misinformed!!! tongue.gif
chopinalex
that looks like a silver parallel /199

but still looks like shilling
Iplayfootball_90
No doubt, it was shilling.
degibson84
how about my Dan Marino Icons lettermen that sold for $60.30 DLVD when it only booked at $50

or this one who would pay that much for this rolleyes.gif
eBay Auction (Item number: 270284114406)
degibson84
how about my Dan Marino Icons lettermen that sold for $60.30 DLVD when it only booked at $50

degibson84
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Nov 2 2008, 08:48 PM)
Thought this would be a fun topic...post cards on ebay that go for a lot more than you would ever have imagined...

DeMarcus Ware Bowman Rookie...
eBay Auction (Item number: 360101660877)

probably shilling wink.gif

why does the buyers username look famliar
marcus42
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Nov 2 2008, 11:43 PM)

I know that buyer of the browns patch! He's an awesome guy! he's an immaculate browns collection, and deep pockets, I'd assume wink.gif
degibson84
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Nov 3 2008, 12:58 AM)
I know that buyer of the browns patch! He's an awesome guy! he's an immaculate browns collection, and deep pockets, I'd assume wink.gif

i don't know how anyone could pay that much for a few guys that may not be with the team much longer.

it is a sick card i just couldn't see paying $45+ for it
marcus42
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Nov 3 2008, 12:02 AM)
i don't know how anyone could pay that much for a few guys that may not be with the team much longer.

it is a sick card i just couldn't see paying $45+ for it

Just doesn't appeal to me...this guy will go after any browns card of any year from 1950 to present day, no matter if they are with the browns or not...he's hardcore!
degibson84
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Nov 3 2008, 01:03 AM)
Just doesn't appeal to me...this guy will go after any browns card of any year from 1950 to present day, no matter if they are with the browns or not...he's hardcore!

i stuck a max bid of 16 on it and came home to see it went for that much and was shocked.

i mean the guys are all consistent
DA- consistently inconsistent
Braylon- consistently drops passes
K2 consistently runs his mouth
Jamal- consistently runs for about 2 YPC
tj4eck
what shilling mean?
marcus42
QUOTE(tj4eck @ Nov 3 2008, 12:14 AM)
what shilling mean?

when someone intentionally bids something up, so an item will go for more than expected, basically cheating money...
tj4eck
ah lame
sschind
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Nov 3 2008, 12:07 AM)
i stuck a max bid of 16 on it and came home to see it went for that much and was shocked.

i mean the guys are all consistent
DA- consistently inconsistent
Braylon- consistently drops passes
K2 consistently runs his mouth
Jamal- consistently runs for about 2 YPC

It called a die hard Browns fan being a collector of Cleveland Browns cards, as opposed to a casual fan of cards that someone thinks they can make money on later, or being obsessed about whether others think he paid too much. Did he pay too much? Only he can decide that. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks the card is worth. Would I pay that much for a similar Packers card? If I could afford it I probably would. I'll bet this guys collection is awesome.

For the team collector such as myself, the players do not always matter. I've said it time and again, The only thing the a cards value means to me is that it makes some cards too expensive for me to buy. Once they get into my collection a Favre rookie, OK bad example I don't have any Favre rookies in my collection, would have no more value to me than a Terrell Buckley rookie. Does that mean I would sell the BF rookie for the same price as a TB rookie? No, and that's because of the value the cards have to someone else, not to me.

And a thing about shill bidding. Yes, there is no doubt that it is wrong, but one thing to remember is that there is at least one person who thinks the card is worth the final bid. A guy can't shill bid his own cards if no one else thinks they are worth it. A victim of shill bidding has a right to be upset with the the guy bidding him up, but he has to remember, if he didn't think the card was worth the $19.05 (as in the case of the Ware rookie) it never would have went that high. They always say that all it take is two people who want the card bad enough. Well, in some cases all it takes is one. Still, he is the one who ultimately sets the final price and that goes back to my first paragraph. Only he can determine what the card is worth to him.
NovaFan10
yeah i would expect the quad for a little cheaper and your right braylon has been dropping passes left and right
obe459
if that Ware went for $20 then I wonder what I could get from my Ware Bowman RC Auto hahaha and I also have had bidding wars with DawgsnSuds, I mean if you are bidding for browns card on eBay you're bound to battle him sooner or later. Also look out for the new Browns headhunter 98z28ls1...he loves the Jimmy B's
marcus42
QUOTE(obe459 @ Nov 3 2008, 05:56 PM)
if that Ware went for $20 then I wonder what I could get from my Ware Bowman RC Auto hahaha and I also have had bidding wars with DawgsnSuds, I mean if you are bidding for browns card on eBay you're bound to battle him sooner or later. Also look out for the new Browns headhunter 98z28ls1...he loves the Jimmy B's

yeah I got to meet dawgsnsuds by battling him before wink.gif haven't had any problems with the other one, yet wink.gif
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Nov 3 2008, 12:19 AM)
when someone intentionally bids something up, so an item will go for more than expected, basically cheating money...

I was Wondering The Same Thing,
Thats Stupid.
road_runner_1964
Cards that go for a lot more than expected on ebay

All my 264s..... laugh.gif
jaderock
I think on the Ware RC it's more a matter of misinformed/new ebayer rather than shilled. Shilled really is "overused" to the point anything out of the ordinary is thought of as shilled.

degibson84
QUOTE(obe459 @ Nov 3 2008, 06:56 PM)

great another person to bid against rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.