Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Brady Quinn
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
metsfan2427
What is keeping his price up so high. At like $7 plus a gu and like $45 plus for an auto. It is at the point were i just can't afford to collect him. I really enjoy collecting him but my collection has really gone no were.
but my main question is what is keeping his value up.
Johnny Number 5
HYpe

everyone feels Anderson will finally sit the bench after constant losing...even though the giants game helped Anderson a bit, Quinn will eventually play...

j
Iplayfootball_90
Johnny put it perfectly. He still has that rookie hype of being the next great QB in the NFL so his cards will stay up until he actually plays. If he plays and doesn't do well (which I hope doesn't happen) you will see a drop, but, not being able to pick up his autos for under $20 simply because of the following he has. Notre Dame fans will always collect him no matter what. When a QB that is arguably the best Notre Dame has seen and probably will see for a while, he will always have expensive cards do to his college career at a school with such a cult following.

I'm paying ridiculous prices (well, maybe not "ridiculous", but a pretty penny) for most of his items right now. That's why I turned my collecting focus on him and only him. He is to expensive to collect with other players.

I just saw an Exquisite RC auto/patch end at $510.00 on ebay last night. I'd never pay that much for a card (unless I had money like Bill Gates).
bigalexx
The fact that he will be the starter, by seasons end. Plus the fact that he was a 1st round pick and came out of one of the most popular football programs in the nation.
Johnny Number 5
lots of first round picks from football schools flop though...

j5
bigalexx
QUOTE(Johnny Number 5 @ Oct 24 2008, 10:14 PM)
lots of first round picks from football schools flop though...

j5

And....plenty of 1st round picks are successful wink.gif
metsfan2427
yey there are alot of floops.
but i might keep collecting him but idk.
19th Century Indiana Jones
I lucked out on the 2007 Topps Premier AU - BIN for $150. BV $300.
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Oct 25 2008, 06:02 AM)
I lucked out on the 2007 Topps Premier AU - BIN for $150. BV $300.

Lucky!

Been looking for that one for under $200 but can't seem to find it.
metsfan2427
nice i really want a quinn auto but i really thinking if i really want to lay out some serious cash for one. i could add some nice items to my other pc for that price
Johnny Number 5
i would say if you really want a quinn autoo think sage, aspire press pass, etc...

nice cards to have an affordable auto of your favorite player, even if the value doesnt increase dramatically....its nice to have

j5
metsfan2427
yey they sell for around 30ish a piece. but i could pick up an exquiste of yamon for less than price. then i have his three big rc's
19th Century Indiana Jones
Get an ON-CARD autograph if you are getting only one Quinn - or any specific player that is special to you for that matter. That's just my personal preference and I highly suggest it. Go Press Pass if anything.
metsfan2427
idk i am really going to do a lot of thinking before i make a purchase. i don't want to make one of those impulse buys and make sure it is a card i really want.
metsfan2427
Okay one word what the hell. i know it is missed posted but 26 dollars with 2 hours left. i have seen this sell for 100 plus
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRADY-QUINN-2007-Tripl...%3A1|240%3A1318
bigalexx
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Oct 26 2008, 03:42 PM)
Okay one word what the hell. i know it is missed posted but 26 dollars with 2 hours left. i have seen this sell for 100 plus
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRADY-QUINN-2007-Tripl...%3A1|240%3A1318

Im sure it will go up. Its gone up to 40, and there is still 30 minutes left.
Iplayfootball_90
$61.00 is a steal on that card. Lucky dude got that one.

I'm going to lay out some money for a Quinn auto before long. Mainly wanting to go Press Pass since those are on card autos. Would go for a Topps RP auto, but, they don't seem to come up very often and if they do, they usually go for over $200.
marcus42
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Oct 26 2008, 10:54 PM)
$61.00 is a steal on that card. Lucky dude got that one.
I'm going to lay out some money for a Quinn auto before long. Mainly wanting to go Press Pass since those are on card autos. Would go for a Topps RP auto, but, they don't seem to come up very often and if they do, they usually go for over $200.

matt, especially since your a ND fan a press pass would be perfect for you..plus he has a nice big sig, so you would want an on card to completely showcase his autograph!

I want to get a press pass and a SP Authentic before too long...just wanna sell my contenders of him....
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(marcus42 @ Oct 26 2008, 09:57 PM)
matt, especially since your a ND fan a press pass would be perfect for you..plus he has a nice big sig, so you would want an on card to completely showcase his autograph!

I want to get a press pass and a SP Authentic before too long...just wanna sell my contenders of him....

Exactly, a Press Pass auto is perfect for my PC collection of him. But I think I'm crazy at buying stuff since I just paid $70 for a Quinn patch card ( blink.gif laugh.gif)

How much for the Contenders?....tongue.gif
marcus42
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Oct 26 2008, 11:15 PM)
Exactly, a Press Pass auto is perfect for my PC collection of him. But I think I'm crazy at buying stuff since I just paid $70 for a Quinn patch card ( blink.gif laugh.gif)
How much for the Contenders?....tongue.gif

haha tongue.gif

I think I'll hold onto it til he starts, capitalize on his good value wink.gif
Iplayfootball_90
haha Because the faithful Quinn/Brown/ND fans will agree that he will be the next Tom Brady (before the injury of course) ha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.